Need help - 1994 Micra 1.0

Hi all,

I hope you can help - several other forums don't seem to be able to at the moment!!

I bought a 1.0 Micra (1994 M reg) and on the way home it started to jump after driving for about 10 miles. It felt as though it was a fuel problem once it had warmed up. When cold it was fine, and would only do this when travelling. Started first time each time, and idled fine as well.

I looked around the internet and found that one of the common faults was the throttle body - its also mentioned on here as well, so I had a mobile mechanic take a look at it - he advised to replace this, so I got a reconditioned one and had this fitted.

After this was replaced, the original problem had been fixed, but it had problems idling - i.e. started to stutter/rev erratically when sat at lights or slowing down etc. So we took it to a garage who advised the recon throttle body was faulty and to send it back.

I did this and got a further relpacement and now it does neither of these things, starts first every time, idles fine but the minute you touch the accelorator it now cuts out and stalls completely!!!

I've had 3 throttle bodies, and 3 different problems - can anyone help?? I've had this car 2 weeks and haven't been able to drive it yet :-(

The annoying thing about it is everyone who looks at it says it is a fantastic car and once this fault is fixed, it'll be perfect.... IF I can fix it!!

Can anyone advise what I should be looking for here?

Thanks

A frustrated Micra owner!

frank

Club Member
niffer

it sounds like there,s no fuel pressure to me, are you sure the fuelpipes are the right way round ?

OP
OP
N
I can check that and see, 'cause we haven't looked at the fuel pipes so far.

Wouldn't that have caused the same problem with each throttle body though?

frank

Club Member
niffer

it the pipes hav,nt been disturbed, they must be ok
the engine will still rev, even with all the t/b sensors disconnected, thats why i thought fuel pressure ?

OP
OP
N
Worth having a look I suppose - just seems as though the only common denominator is the TB cause the original problem wasn't there with the first replacement, then the problem changed again with another replacement!!

Think am gonna have to have a look at everything, so will start with the fuel pipes - its worth a look I think, then I might actually find something wrong with it!!!!

Thanks for your help!