NCVT light staying on

Any suggestions as to why this happens and how to cure it? The light comes on just after setting off but if I turn the engine off and re-start, it's OK (until the next journey!) I've checked the brushes and fluid level (which seems a little high).

Any suggestions as to why this happens and how to cure it? The light comes on just after setting off but if I turn the engine off and re-start, it's OK (until the next journey!) I've checked the brushes and fluid level (which seems a little high).

Hi Christine,
Do you mean you have checked the electromagnetic brushes and the transmission fluid, also is there any unusual noises or vibrations from the transmission or engine when the NCVT light stays on?

Have you taken any more pics of your Cab if so can you post them?

Cheers
Andy :)

Hi Christine,
Do you mean you have checked the electromagnetic brushes and the transmission fluid, also is there any unusual noises or vibrations from the transmission or engine when the NCVT light stays on?

Have you taken any more pics of your Cab if so can you post them?

Cheers
Andy :)
Yes, they were the brushes and fluid I checked. No unusual noises, the car runs like a dream and even the gear changes are unnoticeable.

Another question: it ticks over at 1500 revs. Any ideas how to slow that down?

When I'm next out with a camera I'll take more photos and post them.

Regards,

My revs are spot on never needed to alter anything but I will take a look under the bonnet at the weekend revs are usually adjusted by a screw adjuster? The light might be a faulty sensor I will take a look in my service manual and let you know!, :)

Cheers
Andy