NCVT brushes

I'm new to the forum and am looking for some advice on trying to resolve the problems I've got with the NCVT on my K11C. I know that the electro-magnetic clutch has a host of problems, but I don't want to go through the hassle of changing it to manual etc - I just want to squeeze as many miles as possible out of the car for the minimum cost.

The self- diagnostic shows fault code 4 (coil circuit fault) - not knowing what that really means, I'm going to have a go at replacing the carbon brushes (seems to be the easiest and cheapest first option). Incidentally I've been quoted over £1700 to replace the Brush Assembly and Powder Clutch:eek:

has anybody tried this - does it work for long? Any advice on how to do this - don't suggest throwing it into a canal! If it doesn't work, I'm going to scrap the car (which is a shame as it has only done 67000 miles, well looked after by grandparents - electric windows, PAS and central locking)

Thanks for any advice. Oh, and by the way, being the new boy, drinks are on me!

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
well firstly! even if it does go tits up don't scrap an otherwise healthy car! i'm sure someone would take it off your hands!
as for the NCVT bit i have no clue :( sorry! o_O

solarice

Ex. Club Member
PM replied :)

Yowza £1700 ! that seems even more expensive than i remember. Ridiculous as the clutch powder change is super easy...if anyone btw knows the amount of powder used please do post up (in a different thread) as its pretty much the only thing stopping the auto guys fixing the clutch themselves.