nats to non nats

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
As some of you have read micra wont start its been decided that the nats has kicked in so I have two none nats ecus comeing my way as I cant get car to nissan dealer question is, what do I have to do so that the none nats ecu will power up the car. I know this may be long winded but I have put lots of work into this car and want her to run again so please help what pins need swaping or what wires need cutting what needs taken out.........

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
What i would like to know is why you dont get any constructive comments to posts. I do not beleave that this problem as not arisen and been talked about nor do i think that nissan are the only ppl who can solve it. So why the lack of replies maybe im not saying it correctly maybe im not offering the correct amount of money or maybe just maybe no one gives a ********

I do not beleave that this problem as not arisen and been talked about
if you're so adamant that this has been discussed on here before do a search and find out for yourself
why the lack of replies maybe im not saying it correctly maybe im not offering the correct amount of money or maybe just maybe no one gives a ********
be patient you cant expect everybody to be on here 24/7 as most people sleep at night and work through the day. and to be fair you're not doing yourself any favours writing posts like that

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
i was thinking the same.... its not that no one is bothered its just that most people dont know much about the question your asking. not everyone knows about the NATs etc. as said just be patient its only been one day.

Alienfish360

Awesome Dawson
If you can get hold of the ECU wiring diagram for both NATS and Non NATS you will see that the pin layouts are different, it's not a very complicated job to re-wire the connector with the correct pin layout

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
reaction wow
as for being adamant was I . simply stated that it has been discused but with conflicting interests so rather than read the same conflicting posts start my own. and the reaction is I now have another piece of the puzzle. so job done post worked

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Would do but car's a few miles away from me now getting a re-spray.

Ed's the man to talk to on this, only man I know on here who has managed to do the swap over.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
I dont want nats i want it out so that i can get car started. i need to get my hands on wireing diagram for none nats ecu and diagram for a nats enabled ecu. I have also read not here that the nats can be disabled by removing it all together and bridging the wires in the plug but that was a primera so dont know if the micra uses the same nats box.
If i can find out where in the micra the nats box lurks then im up for trying to remove it and see what happens I cant make it any worse than it allready is, I rang nissan dealer closest to me washington and as you cant get to it without going on motorway means an 80 quid charge for tow truck then 65 quid just to hook it up to computer at nissan then 40 quid per hour or part of there after for anything they do thats without any parts so you can see why Im trying to sort this myself and not go to nissan. what i have learned is a none nats ecu will power up my car if the conecting plug is re wired I have also learned from another forum the nats box can be removed and plug bridged but that was a primera and not a micra.

in micra petes ecu wiring diagram is the nats ecu the first in thread and the none nats under it. I think im reading it wrong or missinterprating the thread. or can some one clarafiy it for me ie look at diagram and tell me what wires i need to move from nats ecu to none nats ecu to try and get car up and running.

jabran200

Ex. Club Member
Today at the garage i removed an ecu and wiring plug from a micra which did not have a nissan key therefore did not have NATS. The ecu had a few wires cut and soldered which i found weird but cut the loom off at the plug in case i needed it. Will plug the no nats ecu into my NATS car tomorrow and see what happens if it really is a NATS or non-NATS wired to remove NATS.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
seems interesting.
With an ecu when i had one go belly up on me in a pug 106 I found a method of opening the ecu ie it wont look for code from key and was as follows.
1. find doner car at scrappy must be runner and have key.
2/start car
3/whilst running remove pickup ring and imobiliser from car.
4/ switch off engine ecu looks for code from imobiliser and pickup ring it cant find them so leaves its self open.
dont know if it would work on nats as reading posts its totally differant setup.

micra_pete

Ex. Club Member
some of my diagram is not 100%, most of its correct, but some you may have a check as your working.

my advice to you if you can, pay ed a visit, pay him £125 or get him to you if you local and your problem is solved.

or go to mr nissan, and pay up.

sorry if that is not much help.

the reason the info is not publically available is A. its a good way of getting around the nissan immobiliser system, and B. its taken some people some time to figure this out, and i can see why they aren't just posting the information.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
the reason the info is not publically available is A. its a good way of getting around the nissan immobiliser system, and B. its taken some people some time to figure this out, and i can see why they aren't just posting the information.

For sure I would gladley pay someone to get car running again and would not expect to find diagrams publicly hence some of my more abrubt posts but it worked. I cant get car to nissan as 1 there is no tax and insurance on it so it means a 80 quid charge both ways so 140 quid just to get it there thats without them charging 65 quid just to hook it up and then they want 40 quid per hour or part of hour after that, I just cant afford that sort of money I have 3 children to think about first.
I do not know where ed resides but i bet its not local to the north east or i would go and get him and more than gladley pay his 125 quid fee, I have 2 none nats ecu,s coming my way and need a little help either by private email or on telephone, I can understand yours and other ppls dilema as well that you cant go public with this sort of thing.
I think the only other option is to cut my losses and either break car up or sell it as a none runner shame after all the work I put into her but I suppose thats the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. :down: :down: :down:

I have been think of all thats been covered and said and I have read all posts regarding this subject. The problem that I cant get to grips with is that, Yes nissan will re do keys for me and I would in theory be up and running, But for how long they can not guarentee, it could last five hours or five years they just wont say makes sence I suppose.
One guy on here can do it but I think he is to far away so that may be out also, could I do the work myself 110% yes if I knew what wires to move and where to move them to or solder, but again as has been pointed out there will be no public posts covering this because of tealeafs again makes lots of sence. So where has that left me thats right back to the begining I think or maybe not. Is there an aftermarket ecu unit that i can purchase that would in theory ignore the nats system in my car and would just be a case of plug and drive thus eliminating the problem of nats and solving the problem of my dead micra failing that then looks like its on ebay this weekend.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Why not just swap the engine loom for a non nats one? Thats probably the simplest solution.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
I would if I could find a one there aint any. the only 2 I know of in scrap yards have been hacked to death. but thanx for reply m8 another piece of the puzzle falls into place. I do have a none nats ecu coming tonight so might have a play about with it see what i can do cant hurt anything can it damage is allready done.

just taken delivery of a none nats ecu unit now all i have to do is figure out how to use it..
PICT0091.jpg

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Im sure ollie could get a picture up of his ECU but his car is unavailable at the moment.

OP
OP
kennierobo

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
its the wiring im after its what i do with the unit. I think i have some of it covered but what i would like is someone to either send pm or email and tell me word for word what i must do then that way its not public. the answer is there i just havent found it yet. anybody fancy a trip to the northeast this weekend all you can eat drink and what ever else just get my micra running....mabe even a few bob in your back pocket....

This fix is for the micra with the key with the red chip in it, and the non-coilpack engine with the single distributor.

Get an early ecu (the oblong one, not a square one) that fits your engine (either cg10 or cg13).

On the engine loom (so on the plug to the ecu) switch over these wires:
switch pin 106 to pin 104
switch pin 12 to pin 36
switch pin 31 to pin 22
switch pin 40 to pin 30

After this your car will not have an immobiliser anymore but you can still use your old keys.

you can send some thanks to https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/willemjacobdijkstra => I've spent considerable time on this, but would like to share the knowledge (unlike some!)

k11 nats to no-nats conversion.png

P.S.
If you have an australian car, you can just plug in a non-immobilised ecu and it will just work!

hi, thanks for the info!

has anyone tried this?

can you complete the pin switches and it work without the Nissan key and or transporter pickup unit?

hi, thanks for the info!

has anyone tried this?

can you complete the pin switches and it work without the Nissan key and or transporter pickup unit?