nats problems

P

pgiuvelca

can anyoane help me to start my micra K11?
my remote doesn't work. the car doesn't have central looking

sorry for my english

sorry my friend what is the remote for if not central locking...
maybe for an alarm...

and does the key turn in the lock to start up or is it not starting but trying to start...

also have all basic checks been done: battery, petrol, push start, jump leads,

try taking fuel pump fuse out and starting up then replace fuse...

bit vague i know but more info the better...

nats

the remote is only for NATS! is similar with MINI/MGF ( see picture )
the car has : REMOTE , SECU ( security control ecu - is LUCAS 8AS - 26 pins) , IMMU ( immobiliser unit - 8 pins ) and ECU ( engine control unit )
my theory : the REMOTE transmit o signal ( RF ) to SECU , if this code is corect , SECU transmit a signal ( 0 V , 12 V , 5 V , dgital ???????????????? ) to IMMU , that permit to ECU , fuel pump relay , injectors to work! and to start!http://www.remotekey.co.uk/batteries.htm
all what i need is a corect electrical wiring with the correct signal !
i supose!:confused: THANKS !!

to be honest mate, this one is a job for Nissan if the code is gone they will need to replace the code or possibly the unit...

sorry cant help you further...

this fob is only to turn the immobiliser off to start the car u will have to deffinetly have to take it to a nissan garage because it sounds like it needs programming with the consult machine take all keys and fobs as they will all need doing hope this helps

you only need to reprogram the fobs no nats code or anything is needed, but this will have to be done at a nissan dealer,

also those fobs are common to go down and cost a stupid amount to replace iirc

When I bought my car the seller gave me only 1 key...

There is the logo NATS as you can see, but there is no alarm nor central locking, and no push buton on the key, just regular plastic.

So the question is: will I be able to get a second key? I mean without paying 200$ at Nissan?

Cheers !

This topic is over 3 years old,could have started a new topic?

The answer to your question:

If you wanted another key you'd have to get it cut at Nissan as it needs the NATS chip in it.

Alternatively you can get the key cut normally,and take your original key (with the NATS chip) on your ignition barrel. Using the un-chip key normally.

I presume you can do that method? I did with mine

True; sorry for the bump, I thought it would be more practical to have all the NATS related problems gathered in only one topic.

I like your smart solution about hiding the original key with the NATS chip in the car close to the sensor, but it's a little too risky where I live.

I will call and ask Nissan France tomorrow, crossing my fingers... If it's an unrealistic price I will use your solution mixed with a killswitch.

Big thanks anyway Reeper :p

I went to my Nissan today.
Total for reproducing 1 simple key without central locking is...
100euros.
The best in this story, is that I have to give them the number of my key, wich I don't have since the guy I bought the auto lost the service manual, Nissan ask me 20euros just to make a 5 min call and get this number from my auto serial number.

SERIOUSLY.

So if someone could give me other ways to have a second NATS key, it would be MUCH appreciated.

Sleeper: I will ask Locksmith if they can do it since I live in France.

Re&Bump;

went to several french locksmiths today, but no one could copy the key, they said the code of the key is encrypted.

So the only option left is to go being robbed by Nissan.

If anyone could gave me the serial number of my keys from the serial of my car wich is : SJN E A A K11 U O 717796 ,
it would be very nice and I would save 20euros, thank you in advance.

Seb

After trying 3 locksmiths in Paris, the last one, after 45min; three different key copying computers, 10 sort of chips, finaly managed to copy this f*****g NATS key !
He wasnt even that sure that it would works ! Back at home I tried to start the car and it's 100% working :D
Total cost: 60euros; about the half Nissan was asking for...

Silca for the win !

Hello.
My Nats key is not opening and closing the doors by remote. Engine is starting, so should I do something to be able to open-close remotely the doors?
Micra K11, 2001 3 doors is the car.

Thank you.

Back