NATS Immobiliser issue

Hi guys,

I'm currently on with building my k11 micra rally car and I've come into an issue with the immobiliser I believe.

My car is a LHD and it didn't come with a wiring loom so I've taken a 2002 wiring loom from a donor car I got which has now been stripped of everything it doesn't need to be a rally car and also been adapted to make it LHD.

I have left the immobiliser in for now until I can afford a stand alone ecu.
After taking out bits of the loom, for example the airbag wiring, I've tried to start the car again and it won't fire.
The car ran on this wiring loom and ecu when I first put it in the car before I started stripping bits.
I have double checked every bit of wiring and can't see any faults in what I have done.
I just wondered if there is any sort of ecu lockout it can do to stop tampering of the loom?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated...
I'm borrowing a diagnostic computer to plug it in and see what I can find but unsure of what to do if there is an immobiliser fault on there?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi, you can fit an earlier non-nats ecu, swap around a few wires and you're done. Most of the people in this forum refer to Ed from fusion motorsports for a solution, but Ed his info is no longer online, his micra links on his website are dead and he doesn't respond to emails. I've spent some time trying to fix this exact same issue, and have fixed it 100%.

This fix is for the micra with the key with the red chip in it, and the non-coilpack engine with the single distributor.

Get an early ecu (the oblong one, not a square one) that fits your engine (either cg10 or cg13).

On the engine loom (so on the plug to the ecu) switch over these wires:
switch pin 106 to pin 104
switch pin 12 to pin 36
switch pin 31 to pin 22
switch pin 40 to pin 30

After this your car will not have an immobiliser anymore but you can still use your old keys.

you can send some thanks to https://www.paypal.com/paypalme/willemjacobdijkstra => I've spent considerable time on this, but would like to share the knowledge (unlike some!)

k11 nats to no-nats conversion.png

P.S.
If you have an australian car, you can just plug in a non-immobilised ecu and it will just work!