• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Napster's SR MICRA

well got me green bug back today :)

here was a picture taken 2hours before the week long annoying problem began! laser tracking on car!!

DSC00618.jpg

projects have been put on hold....plus not had time or car with me to work on :sleepy:

Aww, bet your happy now!!

just alittle thanks "Em" :grinning: its really awsome to have the quickest micra in cornwall back on the roads again :wasntme:

any longer and i would have need to buy another micra lol.

haha.......regarding my door handles "robert"!!!!!!! other plans first!!!!

thanks "Demarest"

tomorrow im should be buying a "panhard rod" :grinning: finally getting round to it!!

first things:

1. do the wheels have to be off the ground?? (id guess so as im moving them left or right, but just want confirming?)

2. wheels on or off?

3. i get a tape measure etc and measure the left wheel to the arch...and then the same for the right wheel to the arch?

4. the difference i then adjust on the panhard rod once its fitted so that there both...under arch???

thanks

it's a long process of checking car on ground, jacking up car, removing panhard rod to adjust it (if it's a whiteline one), puting it back on, lowering car and when the suspension is settled, re measure. then repeat the whole process if needed.

it's a long process of checking car on ground, jacking up car, removing panhard rod to adjust it (if it's a whiteline one), puting it back on, lowering car and when the suspension is settled, re measure. then repeat the whole process if needed.

thanks swiper!

yes its a whiteline one!

so tell me then y it isnt a good idea to "over extend the panhard rod first"?

if you measure it to be 1.5cm out......so u extend it that much. lower car back down and you find uder pressure its pushed back under arch and only moved 1cm.......is it not best to over measure it by 2cm......but then this would depend if it usually "moves back in the arch once lowered"??

i was trying not to be confusing so sorry guys!

should be picking up the panhard rod tomorrow from "rallynuts" :)

but i need new brakes!!

so i was tempted in buying the:
Black Diamond Predator Brake Pads
with
Brembo MAX Brake Discs???

while i was there at "rallynuts".....so can anyone clarify if that setup is ok?

or any other ideas please?

thanks

dont see why the setup is not ok????? lol

thats y i was asking mate. didnt want to buy something incompatable by mistake, but seeing as im picking it up tomorrow, i guess i will have to take your word lol (cause nobody has said otherwise?)

cheers

I was looking at those two yesterday. They seem to be fine together going from their description!!

I was looking at those two yesterday. They seem to be fine together going from their description!!

well i went into rallynuts and brought them :love: so hopefully they go!

will fit them tomorrow!

the guy was really helpful and chatted for ages to me about motor sport etc!!

pics:
DSC00670.jpg

DSC00671.jpg

DSC00672.jpg

Looking good mate! (Y)

haha....like i said on msn...."im off to get them" lol!!!!

i cant wait to get them fitted!!!!! tomorrow is to long lol!!

however......u guys think im being silly and while the calipers r off i spray them green?? i think behind the black / graphite grey alloys they would look really cool??

cheers

im off to fit my brakes

wish me luck!

im going to try and take photos as i go and make a guide, but this is a maybe!!!

hopefully all goes to plan!

will let you guys know later!!!

Ok i have not been reading this thread up till now.....

last time i looked you had just got the car!!!!!

lookes like you are doing a good job mate keep it up!!

brake set up looks good, but i think doing your handles would make a hell of a difference! surely you got some paint left from the splitters/skirts? lol.

Have to meet up soon mate, im free for 3months as of the beginning of july.. ;)

Ok i have not been reading this thread up till now.....

last time i looked you had just got the car!!!!!

lookes like you are doing a good job mate keep it up!!

thanks mate, hope all is well with you!!!!???? im not sure when to stop lol

(P.S.....i cant make you read this lol)

robert yes i have a full spray can left to do the handels....just!!!! oh ok you win!!! i will try soon!!!

ems lol :blush:

i got the brakes fitted! wow......they look good :love: will have pics up shortly!!

nothing special but thought i would share this pic of them fitted:

DSC00680.jpg

i got other pics so may make a guide....we will see

went sailing the other day and these are the photos from there!!!

DSC00673.jpg

DSC00678.jpg

DSC00677.jpg

DSC00676.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00674.jpg

just some more boring pics of brakes....sorry

i have also sprayed my windscreen wiper holders green....but i kind of wish i hadnt now :down: nevermind.

DSC00705.jpg

DSC00706.jpg

DSC00707.jpg

you found time to do your wipers but not the handles?! haha. WOOO I WIN! seriously though, it would look a lot nicer. IMO obviously..

the wiper thing sounds interesting, any pictures of them?

you found time to do your wipers but not the handles?! haha. WOOO I WIN! seriously though, it would look a lot nicer. IMO obviously..

the wiper thing sounds interesting, any pictures of them?

Robert your never going to believe me!!!!

when i was spraying my wipers....i was thinking....if i but some pics on MSC, i bet Robert will say something about not painting the handles"......so i ALSO WIN lol!!

however the wipers are easily removable!!! the door handles are not!!! so therefore i will probably spray them on the car!!!

i do wish now i hadnt sprayed them but to late. i may get some more when i go scrap yard

DSC00710.jpg

DSC00708.jpg

DSC00711.jpg

DSC00712-1.jpg

Tbfh, I like them :s

thanks mate!!!! i random idea that i suppose doesnt hurt anyone, but im not sure if it stands out and looks out of place...if anyone understands that?

as in the green wiper with the black arm, which then links to the green chasis!!!

cheers

cheers guys!
im not going to annoy you, but the handles are on hold...i dont know for how long etc but im just still not sure!!! sorry!

imo i dont like them, think they look a bit chavy. as you've said they stand out a bit too much. good idea tho cheaper than buying silver/chrome wipers. also handles are easy to take off, take of the door cards and there held on by two bolts, once these are re-moved the handle is free! but on the way back in theres a fidily part were you need to put a meatl rod back into the door (metal connected to the handle) just keep working down the hole (you carnt see were it goes) just keep trying. then just bolt the handle in and see if it works! if not keep doing the metal rod thing. thats what i did anyways :p

just a few new pics taken at one of my favorite places near where i live!!!

new mods to include (hopefully soon):
whiteline panhard rod
JDM dash pod
JDM arm rest

DSC00724.jpg

DSC00725.jpg

DSC00723.jpg

DSC00721.jpg

DSC00727.jpg

DSC00731.jpg

DSC00732.jpg

DSC00733.jpg

we all are :grinning: staying at yours :p ( looks a very nice place btw )

haha.......y not.....free for all at Napsters lodge :grinning: lol
all i ask is you bring some drink :wasntme:

we can all crusie down and take up the entire car park lol

they do awesome coffee and hedgehogs (not animals, but lush ice cream in a cone)

it is a stunning place!!!

another write up;

http://www.st-agnes.com/beaches/chapelporth.php

think ive been to the chapel porth before as it looks familier, just looking for places to cruise to when im down there on my holidays

think ive been to the chapel porth before as it looks familier, just looking for places to cruise to when im down there on my holidays

uve been here before?? when?

yes cause ur staying (as quoted from ur thread) "mevagissey/st austell"?

just up the road from me :glance:
your down with ur parents for that if dont ming me asking?

well if you want to meet up one day etc then if im free i dont mind mate....entirely up to you......if your happy by urself exploring etc then no problem

naps

When we all going napsters then?

:D

I could bring some paint and do your HANDLES!!!!! LMAO

Anyway take car m8, cars looking awesome,

Shr3k

When we all going napsters then?

:D

I could bring some paint and do your HANDLES!!!!! LMAO

Anyway take car m8, cars looking awesome,

Shr3k

LMAO too mate :laugh: you really think it should be fully colour coded?? i will do a photoshop not that its really going to help....needs to be done in real life to decide if it looks good or not o_O

thanks bout the comment!

ur staying (as quoted from ur thread) "mevagissey/st austell"?

just up the road from me :glance:
your down with ur parents for that if dont ming me asking?

yeah coming down with parents but im bringing my own car aswell,

i'll see closer to the date what i'll do if i just cruise about or meet up with the cornwall msc members

Well A Big Thank You Goes To "squarepants" For His Help In The Single Wiper Conversion Mod!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• DSC00741.JPG
    DSC00741.JPG
    271.5 KB · Views: 264
  • DSC00740.jpg
    DSC00740.jpg
    272 KB · Views: 244
Single wipers look cool! and they're perfectly legal Ems, as long as they do the job of both the wipers it replaced.. Citroen AX's have them as standard :)

Single wipers look cool! and they're perfectly legal Ems, as long as they do the job of both the wipers it replaced.. Citroen AX's have them as standard :)

thanks Arnold and Ems!!!

i was just looking on internet to see if they will fail MOT but Yes the AX does have them as standard, so should be ok.

the stroke goes over both sides without hitting either pillar or top!!!

looks like i be doing this as me back 1 as been snapped off ( little ..... ) will the spare arm from the front fit the back ?

Car looks great!
Not a fan of the single wiper mod though, just looks like it's stopped halfway through it's cycle, if it sat horizontal it would be much nicer.

looks like i be doing this as me back 1 as been snapped off ( little ..... ) will the spare arm from the front fit the back ?

how did it snap if you dont mind me asking mate?

i just had a quick look.....the rear arm has a "bend in it and is smaller" compared to the front ones which are longer and nearly straight!!

it would fit yes but not sure how it would sit without trying it out with the drivers arm as passangers is required to keep it single!!!

hope this helps

naps

Car looks great!
Not a fan of the single wiper mod though, just looks like it's stopped halfway through it's cycle, if it sat horizontal it would be much nicer.

cheers "corbs"!!!!! cars not looking to bad!

i cant have it sitting horizontel or vertical without changing the motor arm inside round i think!

horizontal = arm wont reach drivers side

vertical = will reach to far over to the drivers side without wiping any passanger side!!

at the base where the nut is ........ aint bothered how it would sit as i dont ( didnt )use the back wiper that much

Forgot to say, the AX ones are faster than normal ones because it's doing twice as much work. Your wiper if using a standard motor, will still be running at the same speed. If it starts hammering it down, you may struggle with seeing because it's not moving as fast as a single wiper should.

at the base where the nut is ........ aint bothered how it would sit as i dont ( didnt )use the back wiper that much

well after another look its abit hard to explain but here we go:

the drivers arm and wiper u remove to make it single

this up against the rear arm is huge and will fit but it wouldnt be able to move as it would hit my spoiler (have you got a spolier) even if you dont it would wipe over the top of the boot and maybe get stuck and burn the motor out...i dont know though

if your rear arm is snapped then u will need the same one from a scrap yard as its that small with a bend in it for a reason.

you could fit the drivers arm in the middle of the boot and not have it move for time being??

that way u get a single wiper mod and a really big back one lol

Back