• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Napster's SR MICRA

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
firstly i would like to apologies for not having pictures up sooner. didnt have internet over weekend.
secondly i would like to thank EVERYBODY that posted into my other thread (Especially "james" and "yom") so THANKYOU!!!

thirdly: THE CAR IS AWESOME lol :) its so nice to drive.

heres the story:
friday and went and saw the SR again. this time took it for a quick test drive :) was so cool, really was. i had then made my mind up and bought it.
driving home, the car made a "rattling" noise on the way home, something that didn pop up in the test drive :-(

anyway i let my mechanic friend drive it and only at certain revs did it make this noise. the conclusion is that the "heat sheild" on my "CAT" is vibrating, so that just needs bolting on more :)

got it home friday and insured it.
moved over "induction kit, clear indicators and CD PLAYER" all in about 10minutes so that was good.
i spent the hole eveing getting used to the car :) lol. its so fun to drive and its alot quicker than i was expecting!!!

i know you guys all say "the best mod for a 1.0L owner is to get a 1.3" and now i TOTALLY AGREE!!!
worked all of saturday :-( so couldnt drive the beast.
got home in evening and decided to move over the "LED REAR LIGHTS". then went out cruises again.

yesterday i washed the car, and t-cut out the scratches. moved over nismo alloys and sub. was a very funny day becasue all my mates came down to help :)

anyway here are the pictures!

the old micra and new micra
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e83/Napsterk11/DSCI0049.jpg
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e83/Napsterk11/DSCI0051.jpg

SR
DSCI0052.jpg

DSCI0053.jpg

DSCI0054.jpg

DSCI0056.jpg

DSCI0057.jpg

DSCI0058.jpg

DSCI0059.jpg

DSCI0060.jpg

DSCI0064.jpg

DSCI0065.jpg

SA000115.jpg

SA000116.jpg

SA000123.jpg

Normal lights
SA000117.jpg

LED LIGHTS
SA000118.jpg

DSCI0060.jpg

I told you it would look hot mate. :D

Lovely SR. Now to whack your old 4 spoke alloy wheels on your LX, sell it and pay that loan back!

Mate dont forget to come over to cisco's micra files and show us all your new toy.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Yom said:
I told you it would look hot mate. :D

Lovely SR. Now to whack your old 4 spoke alloy wheels on your LX, sell it and pay that loan back!

Mate dont forget to come over to cisco's micra files and show us all your new toy.

cheers "YOM", yeh you where right lol.
the 4spoke ones are already on the LX lol and i dont have to pay the loan back because i didnt take one out lol
ill be over to "CMF" in abit
thanks

James

Chairman
Mate it looks great, told you it was a good idea :D

Hope you get plenty of miles out of your new beast! I've just done 20,000 miles in mine in the last 7 months!

James.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
thanks everybody!!!!!
it is a really nice car :) its such an upgrade from the 1.0L thats for sure.

if you remember "MR rob" who had one of the quickest 1.3 micras in the UK?? well he drove it yesterday and it got the thumbs up lol.

just need to change the layout of my boot install around now cause of boot light lol

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
D4R73N said:
How much can you pic an SR up for these days?

it depends mate: mileage, condition ect.

mine cost me just inder £1000 for the one above!
only done 81000 miles and is in good condition i suppose for year

Glenn

Ex. Club Member
well jeallous you got an SR in that colour..i want the bumpers!! :p

i got some pics of my car with the bumpstrips removed and door handles colour coded so that you got some kind of idea what that looks like in that colour, let me know if ya wanna see the pics :)

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Glenn said:
well jeallous you got an SR in that colour..i want the bumpers!! :p

i got some pics of my car with the bumpstrips removed and door handles colour coded so that you got some kind of idea what that looks like in that colour, let me know if ya wanna see the pics :)

cheers everyone.
yeh glenn, some pictures would be great please??
not sure what im going to do to exteria yet, but ideas welcome.

one of my mates said colour code the spoiler a "graphite grey" to match my alloys but im not keen on that??? they did mention carbon fibre bonnet lol.
napster

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
wilsonian said:
Whats the spec range on it? ABS PAS etc?

From the pictures the car looks lovely and i'm liking the water pictures :D

to get you those water pictures.....i got SOAKED!!!! :-(

i let my mate out who was taking the pictures and drove into the ford. he took a few and then some IDIOT in a "vauxhal omega" decided to "accelarate" really quickly through it with me still in the ford :-(
my window was open and the wave came inside and got me and the car soaking wet!! was not amused, but at least got some good photos.

not sure its got PAS, but brakes seem to be very "STRONG/good" if that makes sense? i suppose i can check in engine bay for the ABS Sensor unit??

napster

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
if you had ABS you would have an ABS light on the dash when u turn the ignition on. you would also notice PAS as its THAT much easier to steer with it :p

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
rlees85 said:
if you had ABS you would have an ABS light on the dash when u turn the ignition on. you would also notice PAS as its THAT much easier to steer with it :p

sterring is LOADS easier, but my mate drove it and said it hasnt, then he wasnt sure. then another mate drove it and also it didnt have PAS?
i think i remember a ABS light appearing, but will check and get back to you

rlees85

Ex. Club Member
ok, sounds like you have got PAS if its LOADS easier, another way to check is to see if you got power steering fluid thingie under the bonnett, it looks the same as the brake fluid thing (container)

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
thanks everyone. i really do like it :)
in answer to the "ABS".........there is no light when turn key in ignition :-( ohh well lol.
just a question to people with a "boot light" in there micra boot, just wondering what people have done with there "boot installs" if anyone has done such things?
i only ask because my boot install before covered up both sides with MDF, but the boot light is on the right, so means i have to change my boot install around? just wanted ideas if thats possible?
(i guess im going to get people saying "lose it", it just adds weight lol)

thanks
napster

N

nizzanz1

if you dont have rear discs brakes you dont have abs. thats the easy way of working it out.

Look in your engine bay. If you have a big grey or black canister with a lid on the top attached to the left hand (drivers side) suspension turret you have power steer.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
alright. cheers "yom" and "nissanz1"!
i dont think i rememebr seeing that "tank", but will have another look.

my central locking doesnt work :-( if i unlock it from the drivers side door, the passangers door doesnt unlock. however if i unlock it from the "passangers door" the drivers side door unlocks????
can this be fixed easily?
thanks

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Yom said:
Yeh just get inside the door and clean up all the contacts.

Probably a rusted/lose/detached wire.

thanks "yom"
so is it behind the "doorcard" or somewhere else?

tommo

Ex. Club Member
Napster said:
one of my mates said colour code the spoiler a "graphite grey" to match my alloys but im not keen on that???

no no no no no no lol

mate it looks spot on. alls it needs is lowering and then you can move onto performance.

looking good.

tommo.

R

runaway-robot

yea preformance is more fun :D lol just get it lowered on some nice shocks and springs :)

N

nizzanz1

lowered is performance. so from now it should just be performance. but i know its just up to you. i know you have a big "ice" "box" "thing". you never know you might be able to get some parts off me at somepoint when the time comes to dismantle my car.

Andy_S

I Love Booooooost!
Club Member
MOVE THE BOOT LIGHT :D :D :D or wire some white neons or other colour neons to the boot light :) Thats what id do, but my micra didnt come with a boot light.

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
loving the car mate :) what a nice colour.

sounds like the central locking motor has gone in the passenger side.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
cheers everybody!!!

tommo: i totally agree...im not going to paint the spoiler :)

runaway_robot: im trying to get springs soon :)

nissanZ1: thats cool. however i dont think you should get rid of your BEAST of a micra!!!! just my opinion (unless the old lady sells you here GOLD SR :) lol) you have a lot of parts i would buy ;-)

andyS: umm, no ive already planned out my new boot install :) and boot light is staying wher it is just turning to GREEN.

Nex: cheers mate for comment. i have no idea what the problem is untill i have a look, but then im not quite sure what im looking for??
thanks

N

nizzanz1

saw the car today, it seems to be a real gem, an emerald gem perhaps. had a little drive and it felt and sounded very smooth and solid. nothing to pick up on or worry about. just needs some attention to the cross member. a very good buy from the napster. and a little coinidence we noticed that on the number plate it had humpris of oxford on it, so it was originally a mat humpris sr of the micra rally car and parts fame. pretty cool that. hope it goes on being a great sr and gets looked after.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
nizzanz1 said:
saw the car today, it seems to be a real gem, an emerald gem perhaps. had a little drive and it felt and sounded very smooth and solid. nothing to pick up on or worry about. just needs some attention to the cross member. a very good buy from the napster. and a little coinidence we noticed that on the number plate it had humpris of oxford on it, so it was originally a mat humpris sr of the micra rally car and parts fame. pretty cool that. hope it goes on being a great sr and gets looked after.

cheers.
your cars very nice aswell. also its very quick so.......
ill try and get pictures up on "MH"
yeh, ill get quotes from some garages to see how much welding will be
napster

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
right... thought i would state the modifications to the SR

they are what i had on my other micra, just i never told anyone lol

exterior mods
LED rear lights
Nismo 14" alloys
clear side repeaters

interior mods
JVC mp3 headunit
rockford fosgate amp
JBL GTO 12" sub
JBL 6x9
blue boot light neon
4" neon

performance
(not alot lol)
universal cone filter
cold air feed

to come
manifold
exhaust
lowering springs
cut out front grill

Ooooh please be careful with the cutout grille mate.. If you're ever unhappy with the result you won't be able to go back to the standard grille!

Oh yeh, go for the exhaust and mainfold at the same time (saves on labour costs).

Plus I reckon you should invest in whiteline swaybars, front camber kit and front castor kit before you spend money on new springs. When you change the springs you will probably also need to replace the shocks, so it gets quite expensive. Plus you get a harsh ride and your handling really isnt much better. The Whiteline front and rear swaybars, coupled with correctly installed and aligned camber and castor kit can make the micra feel soooo much tigher and like a real sportscar! Plus you'll still have decent ride quality. Even new higher quality tyres will improve your micra's handling more than the lowered springs will.

Just a personal opinion of course, I'm running on just new shocks and lowered springs - I wish I had put the money on whiteline swaybars, and the full alignment kit (castor bushes and camber bolts). I just believe you should look at basic grip before suspension geometry changes (lowering springs changes the suspension geometry).

Even if you don't go racing every weekend the whiteline swaybars are well worth the money. The car feels so much more solid on the road.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Yom said:
Ooooh please be careful with the cutout grille mate.. If you're ever unhappy with the result you won't be able to go back to the standard grille!

thats why i wont be cutting out the one i have on car now :)
ill go to a scrap yard and get another grill and practice on that one. if i screw it up (im bound to lol) i can just redo it again on that one.
also to possibly get same colour paint might be a problem??

Mate I updated my post a little bit while you weren't watching. :D

Yeh any bodyshop will be able to paint up your modified grille to suit your car. :)

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Yom said:
Mate I updated my post a little bit while you weren't watching. :D

haahaa i noticed mate lol.

ive seen "cisco" and others talking about "whiteline swaybars" but i know you just told me some information about them, but i actually dont understand them :-(

im not really a car knowledgeable guy, but saying that i know stuff about micras :p
this will sound silly but i dont know where to buy them from, how much, which garage will fit them and how much labour will be.
and what it comes down to most is if i actually need or want to do that????
thanks yom
napster

N

nizzanz1

unless your a handling freak like me you would probably enjoy more the performance aspect of getting a manifold and exhaust system the most. this will allow you to overtake more cars. with that all done then go onto the suspension and allignment. whatever you choose though always first get the best quality sports tyres you can for your wheels. its the safest thing aswell as performance.

Naps: Swaybars are also called anti roll bars.

Beefing them up is thenormal accepted way of reducing bodyroll (which is the main problem with the micra's standard suspension).

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question432.htm
www.whiteline.com.au (don't buy from here, there's lots of places in the UK who import them).

EVen if you're not a handling enthusiast these things can improve your day to day experience in the car. It is really increddible how much they improve the micra.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Yom said:
Naps: Swaybars are also called anti roll bars.

Beefing them up is thenormal accepted way of reducing bodyroll (which is the main problem with the micra's standard suspension).

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/question432.htm
www.whiteline.com.au (don't buy from here, there's lots of places in the UK who import them).

EVen if you're not a handling enthusiast these things can improve your day to day experience in the car. It is really increddible how much they improve the micra.

thanks alot "yom" appreciate it.
i know the "bodyroll" on a standard is pretty bad lol.
i know of anti roll bars :) just thought these where something else.
ill investigate further into these

napster