• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Napster's SR MICRA

You don't need any kind of impact driver, although probably recommended.

If you pull the metal cover off the top (bend the clips out).

You can then fit a deep cranked spanner onto the nut and use a set of mole grips on the top.

It's how I've done mine many-a-times.

well here a few new images:
SA000154.jpg

wat did u use to make ur indution kit from likr the pipe and stuff cheers

A garage will charge you around 15/20 a corner to fit springs/shocks or whatever..

If your local to a mate who can do it much cheaper then do it..
Its not that hard if you have the tools...

I charge 20quid for a micra..

why do i have to live to far away lol.......i would give you £50 mate todo it.....
i suppose i could buy "ANDY S" boot while up up there lol :) but its to far unfortuantly :-(

deano123456: the piping....dont laugh......is drainage pipe :) works a treat (easy to cut 2length and different degrees of bends :) ) ...its since been moved to front left side (as you look in bonnet by wiper fluid tank) ......more cold air from direct feed pipe in bumper!!!

cheers everyone for comments.....cant wait to have her looking abit more attractive on the outside with sideskirts and splitters :)

i didnt know what to do regarding PAINTING...what i mean is the front grill is black to go with the wheels....but didnt know whether to have sideskirts and splitters black aswell??? now its only a suggestion at the moment, but i may have it all same colour "nissan marine green (DV8)"

after that im not sure what is next??? will leave it i think for a while unless other parts come up for sale on the forum :)

see i just wouldnt have the guts to try and make summing like dat lol

you mean the piping mate???
you dont "MAKE" the piping you buy it :wasntme: lol....trago mills.....one long section and a 90 degree bend and your sorted :grinning:

its really not difficult....have you got an induction kit? if so is it just sitting on top of throttle body?

any more questions?

dont spend money unless you have to plus its a lot more fun to do the work yourself or help (pay) a freind, took me 40mins to do mine.

yes that is true!! i didnt really want to spend so much money on a garage doing it....plus i did want to have ago and learn.

the good news is (but hope i havent jinxed this) but my mate who was going to help, but couldnt cause to busy, is now goin to hopefully help this weekend!!!! either at his house or at his dads garage!!!!
so sunday the 4th of feb we should be attempting this :grinning:

I Just hope he can help!!!!

can anyone recommend if i should change any bolts, nuts or anything while we install the suspension just so i have all the bits before we start and find out i need certain new bits? if that makes sense!!!

thanks everyone
napster

you shouldn't need to change any bolts or anything, i never have, but you can never be too sure, just depends on how corroded thing are.

you shouldn't need to change any bolts or anything, i never have, but you can never be too sure, just depends on how corroded thing are.

im hoping nothing to bad mate, but we will see becasue:

Micra is at garage right now having suspension done :love:

i actually cant wait to have it back!!!!!
im going to ring up at 2:00 (after uni) and hopefully they wil have it finshed and i can go pick it up!

i really am hoping im going to like it and not regret having put on....but hopefully by the end of today i will know which one it is!!!

clone: thanks for your comment!!!! im so happy with her and cant wait to get the other mods and have her looking even sweeter!!!

napster

I havent checked this thread for a while, is comin along very nice! i was gonna buy an SR in that colour a few months ago unfortunatly dad decided against it :(

I havent checked this thread for a while, is comin along very nice! i was gonna buy an SR in that colour a few months ago unfortunatly dad decided against it :(

unlucky mate!!!!

cheers for comment....im very pleased with out come and the moment and still more to be fitted hopefully soon :laugh:

right well suspension was fitted yesterday and i couldnt believe how low it looked :love: ......i never thought it would look like it does!

well i picked it up and went from garage back home down the dual carriage way.....my mate came with me in his punto HGT!!! was a right laugh driving home cause the car was more STABLE!!! got back home and i took my mate out in it!! like always....hes always been impressed bout the power of the car (sorry for saying that!) but he couldnt believe the handling of it now!!!

corners are no problem now which is scary to be honest....i know that sounds really silly or what eve but i never thought that it would grip as much as it does round bends! this was why i asked so many questions about suspension before i went ahead and got it fitted etc.

reason being:
1. i wanted less body roll and better handling
2. comfier ride

however i knew that wasnt going to be easy to achieve this, because suspension Compromises for one or the other....not really both unless you can adapt / adjust them!!!

even though cornering is uprated and more fun.......the comfy ride has gone :down: now im not really complaining.....because to me it feels like im in a GO-KART which is fun for me but i was worried about my passangers!!!

now i must admit its not all the time u feel every bump in the road....which is quite nice to have a break from "BUMP, BUMP, BUMP......smooth" lol....so its not every second you feel every bump ever created by CORMACK!!

i took 3 of my mates out last night (individually) so dont ask how much petrol i spent lol :blush: .....when i asked them how it was they all said nearly the same thing "its alot better".....which surprised me.
i asked them about how COMFY the ride is as a passager and all 3 said the same again "dont worry about passangers, ull be the one driving it......its up to you whether to keep it or not".

i still need more time deciding whether i will keep it or not....yep that sounds silly again i know and then some of you are asking your selves why would i lower the car to only worry about passangers.....well i am and that just me!!!!

pics to follow shortly once ive transfered them off phone :laugh:

cheers
Napster

well drove to "lands end"(cornwall) yesterday, with girlfriend. weather was good when we left but on returning home got wetter lol.

right the 1st thing is......

the suspension down the back lanes was really annoying :-( its.....its....well just more bumpier than i was expecting to be honest :doh:

i felt kinda annoyed that my girl friend was subjected to the uncomfy ride :doh:

we stopped at this awesome sea side village....the waves where awesome lol and got a few pictures of the car parked up!!

we had a pot noodle and had a walk around the cliff top :grinning:

i asked here about the car suspension and she said she didnt mind!! however i couldnt help thinking that she was saying that to make me feel better,cause i was feeling alittle down after driving all that way and having her bounce all the way down ther!

the suspension was a "Trial Run"....my mate i borrowed it off said i could have it fitted and if i liked it i could have it...if not i could take it off!!
which i cant thank him enough for, for letting me try it free of charge!!!

i could drive it everyday....without a problem because its alot more fun to drive!
however i cant stop thinking ive possibly made a bad decision with suspension, because now i dont really want to take passangers out in it because of how uncomfy the ride may be :down:

i would love another car for taking passangers out in but thats just not possible!

i think i will just have to except the fact the car is no-longer a comfy road car, but now a bumpy....better handling...track car.....in away

pics very soon i promise
napster

yep up for another meet mate :) !!!!!!!

car should be lowered 35mil but looks more :love:

car before lowered
DSC00051.jpg

DSC00052.jpg

car after lowered
DSC00053.jpg

some fancy photos :laugh:
DSC00113.jpg

DSC00114.jpg

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00116.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

DSC00118.jpg

DSC00120.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00123.jpg

whenever u lower a car you sacrifice ride quality. Unless you buy a full suspension kit then nowt you can do mate.

Regards on Low... try 70mm low. Thats a pain when u go over pot holes but at the end of the day Its YOUR CAR. not everyone elses. Have it how u want it mate :)

whenever u lower a car you sacrifice ride quality. Unless you buy a full suspension kit then nowt you can do mate.

Regards on Low... try 70mm low. Thats a pain when u go over pot holes but at the end of the day Its YOUR CAR. not everyone elses. Have it how u want it mate :)

not sure i would like to try 70 mill lol...but it does look awesome andy!!!!!

well im happy with the kit! i adjusted the damper so it was a little softer the other day which has changed the ride alittle!!!! nothin special but definatly a diffference over little bumps!

sideskirts have arrived :grinning: and just waiting on other parts before they all get sprayed!!!
im having a problem matching my car colour code......i thought it was "nissan marine green metalic (DV 8), but im not sure it is as spray cans dont seem to match?? therefore a garage will be doing it!!

also the car changes colour form Turquoise (blue) to green depending on the light.....so i would really like the sideskirts todo the same but if they dont then they dont and ill still be happy

napster

ohh sorry try this:

DSC00158.png

cheers james!!!!!

im still loving the car from when you persuaded me (and others) to get it lol!!!!

your a man of knowledge......is my paint code "DV5"

If you give me your VIN number (the long one on the engine bay starting with SJNEBAK11) I can tell you exactly what colour code it is.

Email it to james:at:micra.org.uk

whos fitting the side skirts? you or a bodyshop if you dont mind me asking? :p just curious lol

no i dont mind you asking!!!!

i have sanded them down and primed them up. then i wanted to get the "fixing holes" made before they got sprayed up cause its a fiddily job which would probably mean i would scratch the paint off so thought i would make holes first.

i provisionally fitted them myself and looked ok. just one was alittle "higher up" which meant the door wouldnt open.....so i had to sand the top edge down.

thats why its good to fit them first because any problems can be dealt with...if i got them sprayed and then fitted them and got to this problem i would have sanded it down which meant another re-spray????

i want to get a quote this afternoon for spraying everything!!!

napster

looks awsome so far! i'm really liking that splitter.

thanks "hoodedreeper"!!!!!

right well i got two quotes from bodyshop garages that do custom spraying and the price they where after really stunned me :doh:

first garage i asked if i could have a quote for the spraying of sideskirts, front and rear splitter and open grill and he said would cost me about £300-£400!!!!!!

i actually couldnt believe it!!!!!!

anyway i decide to try another place, so i drove for 30minutes down the dual carriage and turned off into this garage. i asked the bloke the same question and he said depending out quality and if they need "smoothing up (with filler)" and with VAT the guy said £400 - £500.....again i couldnt believe it.

anyway...new plan.....the kit is going to be black for the moment!!!! already done grill, front and rear splitter! just sideskirts to spray black!

the front grill and splitter are fitted to car but rear isnt.

its looking ok to be honest which is good.....its my choice to spray them black and its saving me over £300 so im doing it this way.

pics soon
napster

why not but a few cans of DV5 from nissan and spray 'em yourself for the time being, it should look better than black imo.

why not but a few cans of DV5 from nissan and spray 'em yourself for the time being, it should look better than black imo.

yes, they would look better imo, in nissan paint (quick bodge but at least they are still the same colour as the car) its up to you at the end of the day tho.

i really do thank you and "squarepants" for your opinions on colour!!!!!!!

if the garage had said between £10 (lol) and £200 for spraying i would have considered it more but that money they where asking was outrageous in my opinion but nevermind.

i did try for DV5 but ended up with DV8 :-( which was darker and gave up!

i had always been tempted to go with a black and green colour scheme becuse of the NISMO wheels, so doing the kit black was a way of doing this!

im happy with the outcome!!! theres nothing stopping me spraying the kit black and then fitting it to car, hating it, and then taking it off and spraying it another colour.....i may even do that when everythings on the car and i can see it as a FINSIHED MODEL!!! (hopefully)

now i know alot of you guys and gals will not like the colours!!!! thats fair enough...however the pictures are of poor quality (meaning light) but you can get the idea of how it looks!!! what matters is that im happy with it so far. i just need everything else fitted before i will be MORE THAN HAPPY

Comments still welcome though

Below are some pics:

splitter and grill black??????

DSC001922.jpg

DSC001933.jpg

Center console painted, with others aswell

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

took this while trying to find this remote bodyshop garage

DSC001866.jpg

DSC001877.jpg

Napster

for the moment i have finished moddifing :down: i will continue to sort out problems already on car first before i attempt any more projects...shame really as i enjoy it. i have ideas but actually getting round to doing them is a completely different story!!

well here it is looking finished.

DSC002033.jpg

DSC002022.jpg

DSC002012.jpg

DSC002002.jpg

looking good, but i would've definately painted the front grill and skirts body coloured,
also have you fitted the skirts the wrong way round, here's a pic from the ms design catalogue
micrams1.jpg

i would have left it without the rear splitter or the side skirts, to be honest it looks a little over the top, especialy with those sweet nismo alloys, ill do a swap for my rota slipstreams if you want?..lol

looking good, but i would've definately painted the front grill and skirts body coloured,
also have you fitted the skirts the wrong way round, here's a pic from the ms design catalogue
micrams1.jpg

swiper: this will sound funny and weird but i know i fitted them the wrong way round!!!!
i didnt want the skirts with the "big side flap" at the front...i wanted it at the back and the small "flap" at the front!

i had a look at few micras with these skirts, which had it the "right way" (as you seem to put it) to see which was it should go but i didnt want it that way.

still deciding what to do with car now regarding boot? i will probably mod it.

the only worry i have is coming to sell it!! thats if i sell it etc!!

what i would need for the new boot from the old boot is:
move Locks over (cause will be smooth)
Brake light (move when selling) .....but would like to know where the wiring is for the centre brake light?? is it hard to move over to another boot? cant see how it can be but just checking?

Cheers
napster
it was my decision to do it the wrong way round and i like it!

liking it mate. Glad you got the splitters on mate. :) Shoulda got my sideskirts instead. Lower down than those there.

Anyway Smooth Boot means Smooth. .. do not.... i repeat do not leave the lock barrel in. Otherwise that lock will stand out a hell of a lot and wouldnt be "smooth" boot.

Thats My Opinion anyway mate.

Do not leave the lock in when smoothing a boot.. it looks PANTS..

Fit a solenoid if you have no in car 'boot release'.. its easy done and they are cheap..

i have the "boot release Catch",

my boot idea wasnt explained properly becasue i wouldnt leave the boot key holw in on a smooth boot....the boot would be smooth!!!!

i was just saying on another boot i would put the same lock in now....for when i sell the car!!!

car is still going well.....redirected my cold air feed today.

napster

Good to hear it!

And you've signed up now too! :D

Just in time as well as you are at 99 posts!

Welcome to official membership ;)

Good to hear it!

And you've signed up now too! :D

Just in time as well as you are at 99 posts!

Welcome to official membership ;)

yeah mate!!!! well i couldnt stop posting at 100 posts lol.....need more lol !!!

hope your car(s) are going well lol....Nissan addicted lol.....only joking james!!!

No joking about it, I am Nissan addicted! ;)

The Almera now has Almera GTi seats to add to the backbox, K&N 57i and Saab 9000 Cup holder! :D

sounds good to me mate. glad the almera is coming along!!!

i saw a LUSH Almera the other day....guessing it was a high spec model cause had every accessory available i think lol....was in a very interesting colour....a yellow / green / gold (sorry not sure how to put the colour into words)

regarding the boot:

the gromments that run into the boot on either side (one for washed jet pipe and other for electrics)......do they require alot of effort to get out etc??

i dont know whether i can remove the wires and pipes and just replace the boot or do i need to remove the wiring from my SR and when i get a new boot from scrap yard....take that cabling???

thanks anyone and everyone!

napster

Car is still driving well and catching peoples eye's o_O probably cause the micra looks silly :down: ....but im not worried.....i really like how it looks!

still meaning to get to this other spray garage that is meant to be cheap for spraying parts up......but im also trying to source the colour myself so i can spray it.

only new mod is the "MSC STICKERS" to the side rear windows!!!

napster

dude i used to get ppl taking PICS of mine (Check Barryboys) lol.

yeah mate i saw ur micra on barry boys o_O !

Few pics out and about when i went to the beach!
(not good quality may i add because sun was out :blush: )

DSC00351.jpg

DSC003502.jpg

DSC003532.jpg

next project im hoping to do is the "bonnet" with a "vent" and mayb "bad boy"?

napster

i finally went and got the right colour code for car today :grinning: !!!

and only had time to do front splitter, rear splitter and grill!!!

side skirts to be done weekend!!!!

comments please!!!??

MY APOLOGIES AGAIN FOR REALLY BAD PICTURES!!!!!!

front

DSC00414.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

DSC00416.jpg

i know most of you are going to laugh at this, but it was the easy and simple option lol. and it worked really well:

DSC00418.jpg

DSC00419.jpg

rear
DSC00420.jpg

DSC00421.jpg

DSC00422.jpg

That looks so much better mate, looks like a good job too.

Thanks mate...appreciate the comment. yep its a good job lol!!!
looks loads better!!!! just pleased i got round to getting right colour code!!!

still have sideskirts to do and hopefully 2morrow!

Here are some better images
DSC00424.jpg

DSC00425.jpg

Back