• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Napster's SR MICRA

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
cheers modded! well i have some black paint left ;) and silver incase i dont like it, but car colour scheme is green and black.....(with bits of red) so i guess silver mesh doesnt quite fit in lol! ill spray it when ever the rain stops

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
not much to update on over last month im afraid :( although something arriving shortly ;)

here is a pic of normal open mouth grill and ultra open mouth (who ever made up the names lol)
grill1.jpg

Ultra
grill2.jpg

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Thanks James and B47to!
just need to either replace the mesh as its pretty old now (been there a few years lol) or spray it black along with the bottom........???

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Cheers Scouse!
i have a spare set of headlights.......so.....you may see a sale thread for a pair of tinted headlights with leds up for sale ;) (terms and conditions apply - aka when im not rushed off my feet and after possibly smoothing another wing lol)

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Burkey0013: i know what you mean! i have my days where i like the arches and days where i feel it looks weird, but the enjoyment and fun it puts on my face driving it about, i cant complain abouts its looks....when its different and handles like it does.

ive just disguised its power and abilities ;)

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
1.3GX: cheers mate! your's is looking awesome! if i get those impul arches........i could make an impul copy like your nismo copy :) although........im not sure on the impul kit and def not the spoiler.....but hey its different

Square: :)

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
Aww ConvertiBubble's cousin is looking rather handsome! Those tints look pretty good mate, I dunno what you're talking about! Gawjuss!

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
i know :( shame really. im going to be keeping the car for awhile......so might as well finish the beast.

on a positive note. the arches fit better than ever lol

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
both sides mate. its actually unnoticeable which is sweet as i was nervous (whats new when it comes to me and the car lol) about doing it. but like i say, im keeping it for awhile so why not.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Dead easy aint it, always the first cut thats the scary one :D

scary.......tell me about it mate.........but it went easier than expected ;)

Good stuff naps, now get them spaced out as far as they will go!

i will......but first......i need to cut probably about a cm more off either side as it rubbed a few times over large bumps (kept checking mirrors and for sounds of cracking cause thought either the arch was gonig to come off, or my alloy was going to bounce up and break it lol) :( on straight roads fine.........no noise...so if the car was designed for drag strips....i wouldnt have to do anymore....but as its my daily car and back lanes are the quickest route to work.......im going to have to trim them again :(

naps

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
i dont ask for much, and usually i dont ask for anything, yet i give so much to everything that i do, so why is my life so unfair and yet people on benefits dont work and have a better life than me?????? reality and life always finds away to pea you off!!!

3 years of driving and never hit a single thing!!!!!! not being big headed and sure some other people here havent hit anything for ever, but why now!!!!! just when i had plans for the green bug!

in my defense ive been working no-stop! 6am starts 11pm finishes. hardly any sleep due to family problems, so probably not the best thing for me to drive, i know. but a mate of mine wrang up one evening, said his laptop wasnt working and would i have a look. if only i had said; "sorry mate, to tired, ill get it another time" i dont know if it would be alright now, or if life would have hit me another way you know.

well as i cant say no, and enjoy helping mates out, i went and picked up his laptop. this is where tiredness kicked in i think. i looked behind to reverse out of this bay, checked side window and mirror. full locked it. reversed out.........BANG! fudging bollard in my blind spot!!! cracked the arch and dented the wing. having tinted side windows didnt help. you cant see bloody anything out of it.

im gutted! that same evening i replaced the wing and re-fibre glassed the arch. arch is nearly repaired, just abit of sanding. but at the moment the car looks shocking. i had to take the front offside arch off so it didnt look even more silly and now i cant take the back arches off cause i cut the bloody arch lining. arhhh!!!! plus the wing colour doesnt quite match up!!!! im sad :(

sad part is, because i was working loads and getting a lovely wage packet, i was going to treat the car to some cool bits to finish her off! (bucket seats etc) now! im in two minds as to keep the car or not.

ive been looking at a few new cars and cant decided. thought about getting another car, declaring this off the road and finish the car by smoothing everything in, but now.......i dont know!

ill keep you all informed as to what happens, but this could be the end of my blog :(

hoodedreeper

Ex. Club Member
Ouch! Sorry to hear that,but dont let a little knock stop you! I knows its painful seeing your pride and joy damaged,but you've worked SOOOO hard building this to how she is now

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
you call it a little knock, other people would call it a sign to move on, i say...........i dont know!!!!

call it "excitement" i guess, but when i realised that although i was working very long days, the money i was going to get could buy me some cool bits to finish her, it put a smile on my face. i guess someone thought the opposite and now, im taking a break from modding.

naps - gutted about the car.
i have times when i really just dont see the point, but when its a nice sunny day, and everything is going to plan, then its worth it.
at the end of the day, a car is a car, but its what you make it, and yours really was fantastic.
get it back to scratch, bit of time on it, and it could be looking great again.
anything like this though is seriously demorilising.
mines got its mot this week, so i am worried about that more tha anything at the moment.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
at the end of the day, a car is a car, but its what you make it, and yours really was fantastic.

thanks, but it looked weird and unfinished to me, which is why i was looking forward to finishing her.

get it back to scratch, bit of time on it, and it could be looking great again.
anything like this though is seriously demorilising.

the arch is nearly good as new, so few days and could be back to how she looked last week.......just i dont know.

mines got its mot this week, so i am worried about that more tha anything at the moment.

just do some pre-mot checks before hand and all will be fine.

solarice

Ex. Club Member
know what you mean Naps...my bros car was crashed into after he decided to quickly nip to the shops, after a year of searching hes only just found a shell and fixed the back end. (which hes now very pleased about)

and ive had my moments where ive been thinking it over very hard, in fact im still looking at rwd cars...which im mighty tempted with once i get some spare cash together once the micras done (after ive played about with it for a bit).

At least its an easyish fix, of which youve nearly sorted. :) as you've said, only you can decide which way you wanna go.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
know what you mean Naps...my bros car was crashed into after he decided to quickly nip to the shops, after a year of searching hes only just found a shell and fixed the back end. (which hes now very pleased about)

and ive had my moments where ive been thinking it over very hard, in fact im still looking at rwd cars...which im mighty tempted with once i get some spare cash together once the micras dones.

At least its an easyish fix, of which youve nearly sorted. :) as you've said, only you can decide which way you wanna go.

is that how long its been......a year? he must love his car! it was very nice mind you!
yeah but solarice mate, you have a supercharger fitted to your smoothed in, wide arch, wide wheeled beast. ok the mapping is taking time and spraying might cost abit, but your nearly there arnt you? mines.......

you'll get there in the end bud, and when you do we will all admire it!!
bet we all admire it now anyways...............

lol! well like i said, one plan is take her off road and work on her then. make her abit special.

im now weighing everything up. still going to look at a few cars and will see after that.

its not having a knock thats putting me off. its do i really want to put more money into this now? ive always wanted to make her quicker, but again, everyone goes though this stage, should i just get a different car for the money. who knows

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Naps on the smoothing in front...tbh i wish id never bothered as im now paranoid of knacking them -- though if it breaks im sticking a sticker on it :laugh:, if id made them fit up close then the car would have been done ages ago.

make a list of all the bits youve got to do...it helps balance out the car as it is vs the bits youve got to do. You should see that its not alot and give you a boost....it is harder when your using the car all the time though, so i can see the appeal of switching cars.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Bad times Naps, don't give up though mate :)

not really giving up. just taking a break. ill modify my next car to ;)

Naps on the smoothing in front...tbh i wish id never bothered as im now paranoid of knacking them -- though if it breaks im sticking a sticker on it :laugh:, if id made them fit up close then the car would have been done ages ago.

yeah but smoothed in looks SO MUCH NICER IMO! i couldnt hide my arch damage with a sticker lol, but it crossed my mind :p

make a list of all the bits youve got to do...it helps balance out the car as it is vs the bits youve got to do. You should see that its not alot and give you a boost....it is harder when your using the car all the time though, so i can see the appeal of switching cars.

there where lots i wanted to do. and this overtime was going to pay for some, as i havent purchased anything unique for the car for awhile, but now it looks all messy, im going to hold off for abit now :(

ill spend some time repairing the arch this afternoon. hopefully get her looking same as before and then ill decide.

--------------------------------------

well as the sun was out this afternoon it was great cause the filler set in minutes :)
the arch is fixed now. back to normal and you cant notice a difference.
all arches will be back on the car tomorrow.

so thats the car back to normal......what to do next.

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
woah mate, is this why you are selling? cos of a bump???

my red car has been bumped about 8 times in my ownership, not all of them my fault either, the worst being the motorbike that actually wrote it off, but still i have kept it going and it still looks like i want it to, every time there is a bump, there is a chance to do things again and improve, take it as a fresh start and not a total fail.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
no way mate, just seen it for sale! What's next then?

should be getting car end of week so ill put up pics then.

woah mate, is this why you are selling? cos of a bump???

my red car has been bumped about 8 times in my ownership, not all of them my fault either, the worst being the motorbike that actually wrote it off, but still i have kept it going and it still looks like i want it to, every time there is a bump, there is a chance to do things again and improve, take it as a fresh start and not a total fail.

Mate its not down to a bump. trust me when i say "im sad" about getting rid of the micra! its been awesome fun to mod and drive and after 3 years ive managed to get a few unique parts so overall im happy

aww no way mate gutted for you, dont let a little tip ruin it after all this time...

the joys of motoring ey? :(

its not the "tip" lol!

just this cars popped up and ive always wanted one, its in aweosme condition, low millage so i went for it. if this car hadnt have popped up, i may have put the car through mot etc and carried on! just a new project car now!

sorry guys