• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Napster's SR MICRA

played about with a 20mm spacer yesterday :) as Ant previously said its not quite enough and think he is using 30mm?

PICT1198.jpg

PICT1200.jpg

PICT1201.jpg

that,s a vast improvement naps (Y), i think i would trim the inside edge of the arches now, to get a really snug fit, and to bring the tops in a tad

Thanks frank. trim the arch where its not flush against the car body work? or underneath inside?

naps, i would shave some off the flange (where the rubber trim sit,s) so that it followed the body shape, really snug (and take some extra off the top area (so that they were dead level with the tyres) :)

nope im using some Greyston 35mm bolt on spacers i got off kristian or craig cant remember which..lol

thing is, on the front they look spot on but on 15's they rub the inner arch on full lock. but not without. thats why im after 14"s

Ant: arhhh...right! thanks for that!
just to clarify: 12mm 1.25???? and not 1.5?

Frank: if i get the spacers right ill sort the problems with the arches :) have it looking sweet.

1.3Gx: cheers

Cheers Robb! was excited jacking the car up lol, as didnt know what to expect!
but ordering the bits tomorrow ;) (more than 20mm) to hopefully finish her off!
do i fit arches to impul or re-fit the super s bumper??? i know its my choice but opinions? means a bit of work again sanding arches down to fit?
i really do like the wide arches so dont want to get rid of them just is the impul to much with arches? arhh....what the hell.....ill fit the arches! only live once!

ill see what i think when the kit turns up and i provisionally put back the front arches! if it looks smart then, ill start sanding, if im unsure.......i dont know yet lol!

will have to start looking at making her quicker possibly. need power to match the looks me thinks.

Ian, i hear what your saying! i will admit ive taken it abit to far.
i started off buying unique bits and bobs to make her stand out. then it changed to a bit of a boy racer car with splitters and side skirts. then i changed to a rallye "look" and now im somewhere in between so it looks......slightly weird :( which is why id love another micra.
put back the supers bumpers on this one and make the wheels wider. thats it. car finished.
and with a new micra, fit all my other bits to it. then ive got to cars for different purposes :)
walking to the car on somedays i think "wow" and driving it i get that factor (go kart feel, manifold noise) and other days i think "unfinished and weird"

im not really going to win. but it comes down to what i like and at the moment im not sure. i look back over old pics and think i wish it was back to that again you know.

regarding the leds, i spent alot of time making them and getting them to look right. it wasnt just the usual led strips you see that anybody can buy off the shelf and are on every modified car under the sun. i tried to be different and i have fun making and designing things. i guess what it comes down to, is with everything ive ever made, fitted, mechanical electrical and body work, ive had my fun :)
(Y)

its easy to take your car to a body shop and say "fit this, install this" 2weeks later...its done. i like the hard work. figuring out how it works. trial and error. and buying all this stuff has kept me occupied :)

is trying to combine two cars a bad thing? i guess not, but depends on how subtle bits are and if you follow the lines / shape of the car.

spares ;) two pairs of sideskirts, suspension, full bucket of micra bolts, screws (engine, interior), two bonnets, two front and rear bumpers, 1.0L engine, arches, splitters, interior panels, 2 sets of alloys, steelies....erhh.... lol

is trying to combine two cars a bad thing? i guess not, but depends on how subtle bits are and if you follow the lines / shape of the car.

not a bad thing mate cos in my opinion it would look awesome either way!!
what bumpers and splitters have you got laying around

just the normal splitters that fit.

having a think about what "Ian" said "ram raided halfords". i can understand you saying that if i owned a saxo with the same lexus lights, angel eyes, bodykit, alloys exhaust and neons etc".
but which halfords can you go to to get "mulholland wide arches, impul bumper, nismo alloys, march rear number plate holder, black tinted headlights, arm rest and dash pod, open mouth grill"???

i guess you just mean it by the principle "over the top" like a saxo with bits from halfords"?

i had the chance to buy an impul twice before! a year ago and few months ago, but i decided against cause i didnt know how it would look! i even did photoshops and found images of micras with the impul on before i made up my mind! and i decided against it!

the opportunity arose again and though why not! ill see what its like! whats wrong with that? and there is nothing wrong with having an opinion! im open minded so its nice to get negative feedback! so Ian im not having ago, but can you justify you statement more please?

Mate I think you are doing a great job on the car. Don't always listen to what others have to say, at the end of the day thats his opinion. What matters is your opinion as its your car.

I think you're doing well fella and there is probably more positive comments from guys on the MSC than negative ones :p

keep up the good work :p

Cheers mate! i know all that "your opinion business".
i have no problem getting negative feedback! the cars not finished and it looks weird so im not surprised i got a negative feedback! he's being honest and i like that!
i just wanted Ian to justify his reply more if possible. as the halfords bit to me was un-clear what he meant.........although i think i understand from my reply above?

yeah ive had lots of positive comments from loads of people here. of which im really good friends with now :) thanks guys!

looks well mate ... your car you do what you want to it (ie) paint it pink with yellow dots on it if you like that sort of thing. at the end of the day mate aslong as your happy with it its down to you :p keep it up mate looking nice

looks well mate ... your car you do what you want to it (ie) paint it pink with yellow dots on it if you like that sort of thing.

but i dont like that sort of thing lol!!

thanks for comment!
as this debate goes on "about do what i want" lol......im thinking.....screw it........ill fit arches to impul now.

looks well mate ... your car you do what you want to it (ie) paint it pink with yellow dots on it if you like that sort of thing. at the end of the day mate aslong as your happy with it its down to you :p keep it up mate looking nice

agreed :) nap's you have seen some of my cars, matt black, stripped out. i dont care what people think. but it is nice to know what people think sometimes, and it can change your opion aswell....your blog is one of the most veiwed blogs on the msc! so your doing somthing right!

i have been in situiations before that i didnt know what i wanted to do with my car...i fitted side skirts then i wanted to take them off after a month lol. looking at other peoples micras doesnt help eh? lol makes me what to change my mind lol.

agreed :) nap's you have seen some of my cars, matt black, stripped out. i dont care what people think. but it is nice to know what people think sometimes, and it can change your opion aswell....
the matt black was.......pretty insane! brave really to wake up one morning, spray can in hand, and........spray it! but i liked it! it had a cool look about it, but thats my opinion!

your blog is one of the most veiwed blogs on the msc! so your doing somthing right!

thanks, but you sure im doing something right, and everybody isnt looking to "find out what mistake im going to make next lol". no seriously though! the positive comments have been very much appreciated throughout the whole blog! i have liked all the stages she has been through and its been a pleasure to show you guys the stages, problems, help etc! and vice-versa.........without peoples help on here, she wouldnt be what she is/was/today etc! (that wasnt a love speech by the way lol ;) )

i have been in situiations before that i didnt know what i wanted to do with my car...i fitted side skirts then i wanted to take them off after a month lol. looking at other peoples micras doesnt help eh? lol makes me what to change my mind lol.

yeah other peoples micras help decide my choices! and what to-do next!
(ok maybe it is a love speech lol)

naps

TBH i like it best as an sr with the arches, no splitters or impul bumper, nice and neat and smooth, but thats just what id do if i had and sr, which i dont, i have the second facelift, which is when Nissan pulled the guy who designed the invalid carriage out of retirement for help, so im in no position do criticise, im sure you will make the right choice lol.

Robb: lol! right choice..........errh.......yeah! ill try though!

1.3GX: Cheers. ive always liked the green myself.

ordered 32mm spacers and they turned up today. fitted them to the rears and they look ok. only problem is, i moved the car 5feet and all i heard was rubbing from the wheels agaisnt the arches :( so its clear now, want to go wide.............roll the arches up.

Photo-0061.jpg

Photo-0060.jpg

Photo-0059.jpg

Ant: lol. thats ok lol, but i already knew id have to do something with my arch as thats what held me back in the first place lol!

just my luck! cant fit the backs till i roll the arch, and cant fit the fronts till i either re-fit the super s bumper...or trim the arches! :( one day, im sure, it will be pretty much finished!

getting better every time i see it may i ask where did you get the 20mm spacers from ? and did they rub on the arch ?

looking great fella keep it up im gona be putting some spacers on mine soon but not that big as i only have the over fenders for mine

well........... i bit the bullet and cut the arches to fit! took me awhile before i started cutting as i wasnt sure and nervous, but this is the result! i know im going to get some mixed opinions but..........i like it :)

PICT12032.jpg

PICT12042.jpg

PICT1212.jpg

and how it looks with spacers to front and rear.
Before front.

PICT1209.jpg

after
PICT1213.jpg

Before:

PICT1206.jpg

after:
PICT1211.jpg

side
PICT1208.jpg

Thanks guys.......so thats all the positive comments lol. how bout some negatives. although im sure they will all be linked with "being over the top"

and do you think a carbon bonnet is to much stuff now?

Very nice car Napster, I like it ;) . But I think that it's better if you put a black grill in your front bumper (it's not really a negative comment, becouse your k11 is already great). Cheers.

b00mSh4k4: my previous body kit was all in black and i didnt mind it, but after colour coding it, i thought it was 1000 times better so im sticking with all green im afraid. thanks for you comments though

Raceworx: hey mate. indeed its been a while. how you keeping? your old wheels are still going strong! i got all 4 of the centre caps in the end (Y)
if i get any more spacers ill either cut into my tyres or ill crack my arches lol! either way...not good

Nice one Naps (Y) that is brilliant, all id do now is paint the mesh black and cut the top bit out the grill (Nismo style), then carbon bonnet hehe.

Back