• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Napster's SR MICRA

detox said:
well just sore i never posted!!! well done Napster i love the car and i am very jealous!!!!!!!

cheers "detox".
the car is awesome :)
just need to wait for MOT and then ill hopefully start modifiying some more lol
napster

just recieved the "mid rallye spoiler"(or thats what id like to call it) that i might be adding to the SR :)
i would like to thank "speedle" for this present lol

heres a picture
SA000124.jpg

SA000125.jpg

napster

last night before i got home the car seemed alittle "uneasy and not very smooth". everytime i would release off the throttle the car would make small "bounces". i didnt think anything of it last night to be honest, but this morning its different.

on my way out again this morning the car was very "jerky"?? it didnt feel smooth and was an unpleasent drive :-(
anybody know what it could be? i just changed my air filter postioning, could this be the problem(i dont think so but...)

thanks

Well my first guess is electrical.

Here's how I'd attack the situation:

1) Throttle body - resolder it using Alex_B's guide on cisco's micra files.

2) Check spark - Replace the spark plug leads, the spark plugs, the distributor cap and inspect the rotor arm and replace that if it looks worn. Other issues are the ignition module and the coil, but I think all that is internal in the dizzy and can't be replaced very easily.

Either way the car is still running so its not a major issue. Probably just typical micra electricals.

Yom said:
Well my first guess is electrical.

Here's how I'd attack the situation:

1) Throttle body - resolder it using Alex_B's guide on cisco's micra files.

2) Check spark - Replace the spark plug leads, the spark plugs, the distributor cap and inspect the rotor arm and replace that if it looks worn. Other issues are the ignition module and the coil, but I think all that is internal in the dizzy and can't be replaced very easily.

Either way the car is still running so its not a major issue. Probably just typical micra electricals.

cheers "Yom" your a legend!!!
havent got anytime at the moment to have a look :-( but i will in about an hour and a half.
even though you told me what i should do, im still confused as to what order ect and how i will know what the problem is without driving the car after every new thing i adjust.
cheers

Allan said:
Spark plug leads solved the same problem on my old micra.

cheers allan.

i found the problem.
the other day i had redirected my air filter somewhere else, and used a "foil tubing" to redirect it. however i didnt relise that "the tube" had broken and the foil was sitting on my throttle body. when ever i put my foot down it wasnt letting the air through and stalling :-(

i did take your advice and i checked the "distributor leads" but i snapped one :-( so ive just got back from a scrapyard cause i got another lead.

howevere the new lead is off a "Nissan sunny"???? the cars seems to be running fine?? should i not have got this lead??

cheers napster

the latest edition to the SR is a "NISMO" sticker that sits over the top of the rear boot window, under the spoiler :)
ill get pictures up tomorrow hopefully

also got two new tyres lol

i havent done anything to the spoiler i got due to no-time and my mate who was helping me went on holiday

napster

dude, where did u get your rear clusters from????
look mint, want a set
thanx.

griff

griff88 said:
dude, where did u get your rear clusters from????
look mint, want a set
thanx.

griff

cheers mate. they are LED rear lights. got them in a group buy (thanks andy_s)!!
umm there is a guy selling them on ebay i think?? other than that, you should try talking to andy_s....he might be able to point you in the right direction.

napster

Raceworx said:
MR rob should have secognised the wheels then cos i got them off him :p ask him to give you the center caps :D

yeh mate already asked him. he is not sure where they are in his garage, but he said he would have a look. cheers

if not, im sure like u said before, i could get some NISMO caps made

napster

car is going very well. still enjoying driving it :) like everyone and there cars.

only new mods are modifications to my boot install, with pictures shortly.
car failed MOT on a "rear wheel cyclinder" but its all fixed now.

looking at sideskirts, front splitter and new rear spoiler. probably none will get done though :-(

napster

hey everybody.
on tuesday the micra is getting fitted:

1. janspeed manifold
2. de-cat back exhaust system

:) i cant actually wait till tuesday though lol.

should be interesting to see the results in power

squarepants said:
nice one ;) how much did it cost? if you dont mind me asking?

no its ok, i got it second hand from a previous micra owner and both parts cost me £180 :)
i would like to thank my mate again for the parts, if he reads this!!!

i think its quite exspensive to fit though, cause two garages gave me quotes at around £50 :-( which i thinks abit steep??

I paid about that just to get my backbox fitted, and the manifold can be quite a tricky job, as Alienfish will back me up on, £50 is quite a good price!

£50 is a good price for a full system including a manifold, make sure the exhaust place know that though.

I got given a quote of £50 for a full system when I spoke to them on the phone, but to them, a full system is a catback. Mine was £90 for manifold and catback.

micra.jas said:
dude by nay chance r u in cornwall?

cus the pic with the train bridege behind looks firmiliar,lol.

yes in cornwall and "robert" was right, im in Truro.

the train bridge you mention is just up from "truro bowl"??? :)

well hopefully the garge know what there doing then lol

will let you know how it goes on tuesday, regarding i get the car back with everything fitted

Napster said:
yes in cornwall and "robert" was right, im in Truro.

the train bridge you mention is just up from "truro bowl"??? :)

well hopefully the garge know what there doing then lol

will let you know how it goes on tuesday, regarding i get the car back with everything fitted

i was in st ives all last 2 weeks. Should of said fella i woulda met ya somewhere. I thought i woulda been the only micra modded down there.

Andy_S said:
i was in st ives all last 2 weeks. Should of said fella i woulda met ya somewhere. I thought i woulda been the only micra modded down there.

ohh mate, thats annoying :-(
the funny thing is my girlfriend said she saw a red modified micra and i said it couldnt have been cause ther arnt any around truro lol so that was you.

you down again??

well i took the car down this morning to have the:

manifold and de-cat back exhaust added :)

will ring them up around 4:00 and see where ther at. hopefully nothing has gone wrong and i will have her back later ;-)

i will let you know probably 2moro how the fiiting and evening went with the new power!!

napster

well as the story goes, im not going to use this garage again cause its the second time they've found fitting stuff hard and it seems they dont know what there doing.

when i booked the car in with them the guy said "i cant book you in till next week cause we will want a hole day to fix the parts"
so i booked it in for a weeks time.

the tuesday came and i woke up at 7:20 to get the car down for around 8:30. i took the car down for that time and went home.
they had had the car for over 6 hours so at 3:30 i rang them. well to my disappointment the guy said "can you ring back at 4:30 cause we have just started working on it :-( "

what was annoying was that at 4:30 i have to leave for work, so i waited 45minuts and rang them back. they said they where having trouble "aligning" the manifold and asked if they could have it over night.

well i was going to work so said yes.

i had no idea what they did while i was at work untill i went down in the morning.
i got there and the guy goes "yep, all fixed" well the smile that ran across my face was HUGH!!! lol.

i took the car out for spin and at 1st was unsure on the power increase, and i didnt actually think there was alot :-(

anyway i went to uni and in the evening i had work, so i couldnt test the car out till late.

now NOT racing or being silly i chose roads i knew and where little cars where before i decided to test out the power.

i can now safely say there is a CRAZY POWER coming from my micra now and i love it :)

well worth the money.

Napster

D4R73N said:
When i have the money, im going for a 1.3 Red SR and chucking everything over, lol

sounds good to me mate. u wont be disappointed :)

the power now with the mods is actually quite something. its unbelievable actually from a 1.3 :) but then micras are beasts

napster

banksy said:
linky works but cant hear jack and the picture is slow?

ok, well then i dont know how to upload a video?

there was a video on here of a RED 1.6 K11 i think which was the format "3gp" which is the same as the one im trying to upload??

nevermind.

well here a few new images:

i purchased a "NISMO Strut-Brace" :)

SA000151.jpg

SA000153.jpg

here are the NISMO alloy wheel centre caps which my mate had been looking for, for ages and he found them :)

SA000155.jpg

sticker

SA0001562.jpg

scottish-sr said:
Coming along nicely but there not real nismo centre caps as that aint the real nismo logo.

cheers

ok then does that mean my strut brace is not real??

those caps where on my mates micra before so....... :-( confused

Napster said:
cheers

ok then does that mean my strut brace is not real??

those caps where on my mates micra before so....... :-( confused
it is a real nismo logo. they used a quite a few different ones iirc. so i'd say your strut brace is genuine aswell ;)

Looking good there fella and good to see the sticker on it! :D

cheers wilsonian. im very pleased with how the car has turned out.
havent decided on whats next, but im looking at sideskirts :)

any ideas apart from "lowering" as too what i can do next??

thanks

I told you that you'd be pleased by upgrading to a 1.3. :D

Hehe. Post some pics up of her on cisco's site mate. She looks fantastic.

Strikingly similar to mine actually. ;)

Swaybars!!! Swaybars before lowered suspension for sure. Looks arent everything I reckon!

im hopeing to get the car lowered 30mil on:

"koni sports shocks with custom power coils"????

only because i want better handling and everytime i go over the SMALLEST bump, i dont want to feel like ive hit a crater made by an meteor!!

will this setup be ok??

thanks

the car is running great still :)

mods in progress:
custom open grill is nearly complete :)..

new mods completed
..have new green interior light and "Fusion-motorsport" sticker

SA0001952.jpg

SA000196.jpg

SA0001972.jpg

MORE MODS:
open front grill painted black? (pics soon)
neons in foot well
haynes manual lol

MODS ARRIVING SOON (HOPEFULLY)
front and rear splitters (from Andy S :) )
side skirts (from squarepants :) )

i have koni shocks and springs front and rear, ready to fit but thought about having ago at fittting them myself with the help of a mate...but looks abit tricky without a "spring compressor" which i can buy from halfords??

i may let a garage do it?

napster

A garage will charge you around 15/20 a corner to fit springs/shocks or whatever..

If your local to a mate who can do it much cheaper then do it..
Its not that hard if you have the tools...

I charge 20quid for a micra..

to do it yourself, you'll need some sort of impact gun to undo the top nut on the front dampers, an air gun would be great, but i did mine with a sealy battery impact gun, just. a better quality one would be better like snap-on, buit they are stupidly expensive!

Back