• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Napsters Mirage

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
collected the other two bits today. heres a sneak peak ;)

PICT1806.jpg

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
the front bumper must of been hedged at some point, but its coming along well. already fibre glassed holes and started smoothing the filler in. will take some time yet to get it spot on again, but im not in a rush. mainly because im not even sure if im going to be fitting this kit. i just got it as it was cheap and i like restoring / tinkering with things

PICT1807.jpg

PICT1809.jpg

PICT1808.jpg

PICT1823.jpg

solarice

Ex. Club Member
It should be worth more fixed than before when youre finished, so always worth a gamble...dont think you can loose tbh :)

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
well thats what i thought mate. it keeps me busy when i have a spare minute and yeah could sell on. its apparently a rare WRC kit. no many about apparently.
what you think to white wheels on silver? i dont know whether to leave it all stock, but play around with performance. sleeper FTW lol

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
fair enough mate! ill have a think still about alloys. as im not lowering this (at the moment lol) not sure i want big / posh alloys on it yet!

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
im still in two minds at the moment but im thinking about making the colt wide arched using the micra arches. i know some of you will probably be saying "why, what a waste" so ill tell you:
i wont get the money back that i payed for them
robb is having trouble selling his at the moment anyway
not many wide arch colts about
alot of work is involved making them fit, but it keeps me busy

be open minded here. i think it would look quite good.
if i do go ahead with this i will be fitting wider deep dish alloys.
no easy way out. i want the colt looking sweet...not chav.
which is why im thinking about not fitting the body kit. as i did the impul with micra and wasnt sure. and solarice/sammyboi wide arch with standard super s looks smart.

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
I'd personally say no, unless you are going to have them sprayed by a body shop after modding them. I think the colt looks awesome as is.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
hey mate! yeah i guess your right! im being silly! it does look good as it is, just wanted to do something to it, to make it stand out abit more and got the wide arches just lying about!

oh well. back to the drawing board.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
yes dad lol :p

well thats it. not going to do anythign else. might aswell lock this thread lol

only joking!

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
ill probably leave the car for a while then and just see what happens.
what if the arches where smoothed on?
cheers modded.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
we will have to see mate. im not sure if i want this as a project car or not! IMO it does look nice stock as it is yes, but its got potential to be something...........else....you know.
if i look at it long enough i get a picture of what it would look like with smoothed in arches with wide side skirts, multi-spoke deep dish alloys. and im sure it would look awesome.
it just needs the right subtle mods.

cheers buddy!

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
this is slow going project wise. as modded said, im thinking carefully about this one!
i did test fit the bumper, mainly to see how the bumper came off etc, but i did get an idea of how it looks. still not sure as of yet! looking for a rear splitter as the rear bodykit i have i dont like!

this is how it would look:
3.jpg

6.jpg

6729_98397008719_506023719_2003371_3868078_n.jpg

6729_98397013719_506023719_2003372_6301875_n.jpg

wheels: was tempted to spray the alloys on the car white and spray the mitsubishi logo red inside, but still thinking. then look for alloys.

going to be tinting the headlights.

after a twin exhaust, but havent found an "off the shelf one", so got to be custom made, but im checing to see if any for sale!

car has also had a service.

naps

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
purchased these. hopefully getting an A pillar holder for them soon. i've found where i can splice into the 12v light source so that they come on with side lights etc, then just got the wire up them all up.

PICT2254.jpg

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
gauge holder came today.
PICT22692.jpg

Fitted to colt a pillar
PICT22702.jpg

gauges installed and wired up so light up with side lights
PICT22712.jpg

PICT22732.jpg

PICT2272.jpg

Absolutely beautiful car and the gauges are savage especially at night!!!!!!!!!!!

keep it going lad and keep it in good condition

Regard Jack
MA155

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Absolutely beautiful car and the gauges are savage especially at night!!!!!!!!!!!

keep it going lad and keep it in good condition

Regard Jack
MA155

Cheers Jack! im pleased with how they look. never had gauges in the micra.

Class,

really like it naps, they suit it really well.

Cheers Tom.

Very nice, coming along nicely mate.

Cheers mate

she looks fast

She is defiantly quicker after fitting the manifold.

Well, santa came only this year. got my smoked side repeaters today and my cat-back exhaust system!!!!

PICT2295.jpg

PICT2298.jpg

PICT2297.jpg

exhaust. will probably fit tomorrow

PICT2299.jpg

PICT2300.jpg

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Cheers mate for the pics! Very tidy example! I've seen other pics of this one, but not from such clear angles.
Well the exhausts not loud, which is how i like it. Its quite loud at low revs tho. kicks in between 2000-3000rpm. Reminds me of the micra OMP exhaust. Never wanted an exhaust that drowns out every other noise lol!

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
That is a shame! did he move onto another colt?

well one of the halo rings packed up, so ordered some white leds and fitted them today. got some other goodies coming around christmas time! :) (Y)

PICT2309.jpg

PICT2312.jpg

PICT2304.jpg

PICT2306.jpg

PICT2307.jpg

PICT2308.jpg