• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Napsters Mirage

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
well, this is the car i've gone for instead of the micra sceen.
the thing is, ive always wanted one of these, and one came up for sale at the end of the road. one owner, low milage, excellent condition, 12 month MOT and at a very good price, so i got it!

plans at the moment are subtle.
move over sub and headunit
....thats it...for the moment.

seen some nice headlights and possibly some alloys

naps

PICT1622.jpg

PICT1623.jpg

PICT1624.jpg

PICT1626.jpg

PICT1628.jpg

PICT1629.jpg

PICT1630.jpg

MODIFICATIONS:

Performance
1.8 - 4-2-1 Manifold
universal induction kit.
cat-back exhaust system, 3.5" tip

Exterior
Angel eyes
smoked side repeaters

Interior
carbon fibre A pillar
Oil pressure gauge
Engine temp gauge
Amp gauge

I.C.E
JBL GTO4 12" sub
rockford fosgate 500w 2 channel amp

mike

I love Ed!!!!
They are very good cars, you can quite easily fit a EVO engine into them as they have the same engine mounting points

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
nice mate hope you stay on this forum though

yeah mate ill still be on here. want to see everyone progress. like your engine plans ive heard about ;) see if solarice finishes his project. Nis and everyones etc.

You do realize it has an upside down steering wheel right?

Looks nice, plans for the Micra?

i didnt realise no. i was more concerned about checking engine and condition of the belts for fraying and cracks. radiator levels topped up. rust in the arch lining. any signs of oil leeks etc.

the interior was last of my worries. the test drive went so smoothly, i wasnt concerned about the steering wheel. i wanted to buy another reliable car, but thanks for pointing it out. ill have a proper look later. maybe they did the wheel alignment without securing the steering wheel straight.

micra is for sale, but as you guys on here already own micras i think its just the parts your after ;) so guess ill have to strip it soon :(

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
ha ha naps its because the wheels aint straight that the wheel is turned 180 degrees lol and i think i will cry if it gets striped for bits

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
what you laughing at Jim-bling!!!!! ive been "had" have i !!! lol! very funny chippedwood!

yeah i dont want to strip it mate! but no-ones going to buy it and i cant store it forever!

Robb

Site Supporter
Very nice Naps, looks very tidy.

If you strip the bug you should make a tidy sum though and dibs on the rear led clusters :)

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Thanks Robb! i felt that if i didnt buy it, i would regret it!

not sure what im selling yet and what im keeping, but parts will be for sale on here and ill let you know about the lights first :)

cheers

joesouthgate

Super Moderator
Club Member
Nice one Naps (Y) This should be in non micra blogs btw ;) What are you doing with the nismo alloys? Will they fit this?

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
cheers Guys. modded in answer to your questions.........this morning i tested the nismo alloys and they fit :) look quite cool but no pictures of yet.
colour shceme is silver and black. so black headlights and side indicators

and i didnt realise there was a non-micra blog section untill i saw "danimicras" thread lol!
perhaps it can be moved ;) arh...umm.......Admin lol

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
lol Rimski!
ordering my black indicators tomorrow.
moving I.C.E over weekend hopefully.
not many big plans for this at the moment.
had thought about making this wide arch, but spacers bolt kit i have is wrong size thread. but all id need to do is get the next size up ;)
we will see.

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
hahaha at the upside down wheel :p..looks sweet. theres somthing i like about the colts...i thought the JDM ones where the mirage, and the ukdm ones where colts??

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
not sure mate!

well moved over the sub and amp today.

stripping the bug for bits
PICT1651.jpg

amp power cable through engine bay
PICT1652.jpg

under carpet
PICT1653.jpg

under rear seats
PICT1654.jpg

into boot
PICT1655.jpg

sub and amp. leaving it like this for the moment till custom install begins
PICT1657.jpg

tidy up
PICT1658.jpg

James

Chairman
I never realised Napster, you had exactly the same rear sub package as me! A 12" JBL with a Crunch amp! (Y)

Colt looks good, even better with an Evo engine in it ;) but until you give it your own personal 'flair' I prefer the Micra ;) get to it! ;)

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
lol. Great minds think alike hey mate ;) i cant fault the package. great deal!

evo engine does sound very sweet indeed! but id be back to square one, as in "id have to get this off the road to modify and get another car for driving around" lol!

the micra was a bit of..........cant find the words lol........and this.....well......keeping it subtle for the moment mate

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
id like to keep the bug altogether mate, will miss her, but......ive got to move on im afraid. you cant tell me to keep the bug when you moved on lol :p

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
well i apologise mate. didnt know you still had one! its not your world famous black SR is it???

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
cheers Optispart!
micrafish, after trial fitting the nismo alloys, they fit and look....ok, but not sure they are right for the car. i like the silver alloys on the silver car. colour scheme is silver and black, but those wheels only looked right on the Nismo wide arch green bug imo!
i still dont know what im doing with the green beast yet.
naps

danimicra8

BabyBlueK11
Napster nice new car :) Im having a similar alloy problem myself, no idea which ones I want, I thought silver and black theme for mine so the alloys were going to be black or gunmetal with a silver lip i think that would look lovely on yours, my blog has a few examples in of some nice ones that i think would suit the mitsub.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Hey Dani. thanks. i really like the car. yet to give it my own "personal flair" according to James lol, but it should get there one day!
as for wheels.black with silver lip would look smart. im not into multi-spokes that much, but see what happens.

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
micrafish, after trial fitting the nismo alloys, they fit and look....ok, but not sure they are right for the car. i like the silver alloys on the silver car. colour scheme is silver and black, but those wheels only looked right on the Nismo wide arch green bug imo!
i still dont know what im doing with the green beast yet.
naps

NIsmo won't really work on Mitsubishi though, that's the problem...
Silver and Black would look awesome on the Colt, but I don't think the Nismo wheels would. Just my opinion is all!
Still if you need a buyer for them and they're not too expensive, you know where to find me ;) JDM alloys on the March may look a bit fab lol

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
yeah i know the nismo wheels shouldnt go on a mits, and i just moved one over to see if silver with black wheels worked etc!
ill keep you in mind for the wheels :) (just updated my sell list lol)

Antony

Ex. Club Member
ergherm. naps matey..... im after some 14" wheels... and i have some matt black 4x100 et38 rota slipstreams that you can have in swap if your tyres are ok?

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
finally got to drive the car today after having the car for 2weeks lol!
its really smooth and quite. hasnt got that "go-kart" feel like the micra had.......just smooth.

as im not modding this one at the moment, this is how the boot stands so i can still use it

PICT1674.jpg

PICT1673.jpg

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
dont get me wrong as i really like the colt. exterior looks cool. very smart interior. smooth. sounds very nice when its moving ;) it is quick, but for a 1.6 i thought it might have had a bit more grunt. i know its BHP isnt alot etc, but still. i feel the micra had a quicker throttle response time between 1st and 2nd and 3rd. the colt seems to wait for all the electrics to figure out what to do you know before it goes. where as the micra did just move. 3rd in the colt is better than the micra i think, keeps pulling.

looking at some white wheels, but who knows if ill buy them

solarice

Ex. Club Member
slippery slope, naps...very slippery :laugh:

looks nice, stick an audio up afterwards...wanna know what it'll sound like :D

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
Solarice, what you mean? lol

hopefully fit tomorrow.

more bits coming weekend ;) i guess James was right! the colt is getting abit of "flair"

solarice

Ex. Club Member
Im not sure if thats a genuine question or not, i need a facial expression lol...im guessing its not...but incase it is, im referring to your plans for the car being only audio related (at the moment) and within a month youre buying performance bits :D

Dont get me wrong, not trying to discourage or anything (after all what argument could I use :))...just think its funny how the modifying bug once there, doesnt seem to really go away :D

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
heres my expression :p (Y) lol!!

there are hardly any parts for the colt! a few but not alot, so the oppertunity to get some bits came up, i thought why not. if they hadnt come up, i wouldnt have got to alot of trouble if you know what i mean mate, but its true.......the modified bug hasnt gone yet mate ;)

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
hey cheers Frank! its going to make the rest of my engine bay look shockingly dull lol so think ill polish some bits and give the engine bay a good clean when i fit the manifold as i know im going to get covered in all sorts lol.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
well took 2 half hours and a knuckle, but its on lol!
going to test it in a minute

before:
PICT1766.jpg

after
PICT1774.jpg

PICT1770.jpg

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Very Nice, Very Nice indeed. Great car as well, the only thing that puts me off about the is the placement of the spoiler.

Liking the chrome as well, will the Micra arches fit the colt as well? Is the PCD offset the same as the Micra if so you could put your 35mm spacers on.

Just some suggestions, lol.

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
cheers mate! already sized the arches up ;) im pretty sure the offset is the same as the nismo alloys fitted etc, but the stud tread size doesnt fit the wide arch spacer kit. think its 1.5 thread not a 1.25

anyway after abit of a drive around, its def more responsive. im glad i got it thats all im saying (Y)

only got 2 more bits coming weekend and then nothing else planned. ill just see what comes up ;)

OP
OP
Napster

Napster

And the Wide Green Bug
yeah modded lol. puts the rest of my engine bay to shame at the minute.
car is defiantly more responsive.