N64 Voltage

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Does anyone know the voltage of a Nintendo 64??

I am planning to re-wire a nintendo 64 to run direct off of a 12 volt car battery but am unsure of the voltage.

I am after the voltage on the output of the transformer if anyone knows this, i'd hazard a guess it'll be printed on the transformer somewhere, but do not have an N64 to hand.

I already have an X-Box which I have re-wired to work with a 12 volt DC. But think the N64 would be better suited for in car purposes due to its lack of moving components.

So if anyone knows this, let me know, cheers

And yes I know I could use an Invertor, but where's the fun in that??? It'll be more energy efficient to have it running straight from 12 volts, rather than jumping from 12, to 240 to whatever an N64 runs on.

Ollie

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
hey mate

The console says >
Rating 3.3V - 2.7A * 12V - 0.8A

The PSU says >
Pri 230V ~ 50Hz.
Sec 3.3V ~ 2.7A * 12V ~ 0.8A

God knows which bits of that are relevent to you..

By the way.. the * above actually should be a line above three dots e.g

_

Don't know the symbol for that on a PC.

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
You'll need to butcher an N64 as the transformer mounts inside the console itself. Will be cool though! I'm tempted to do the same with mine.....but I don't have a car monitor any longer, doh!

OP
OP
ollie240585

ollie240585

Ex. Club Member
Was planning on butchering it anyway, the idea was to mutilate it, then just have a cartridge slot and 4 controller ports on show, am a little undecided on the screen.

I don't wanna do it with a piddly 7" screen.

Was thinking of a 20odd" screen, folding from one side of the boot, not really figured this bit out yet.