N13 parts on a k10

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
Went the scrappies the other day with Paul (k10_lx) to get some odds and sods for the k10 im working on, i noticed a sunny n13 (old shape F-reg) and we had a good old look at the block noticing the Block wasnt that far off the size of the k10 one (this was a 1.3 btw) and the carb look very similar to the hitachi

anywho we whipped the inlet manifold off to get a closer look at the carb (stamped as a Nikki Carb) i personally thought the mounting plate on it looked identical to the k10. so took the carb off found a k10 carb off that too put the bigger N13 carb on and guess what?.........................

Perfect Fit!!!!!
whether it will improve performance who knows but its a bigger carb so in theory more air + more fuel = better perfomance. unfortunatly the inlet manifold wont fit at all but if the flange on it was cut off and the k10 one weld to it then that too would fit and god knows how crap the k10 inlet is

so if your looking to put on a bigger carb theres your answer sunny N13. i think that then means cherry carbs, prarie carbs will also fit as most of those use the same parts ;)

got me thinking what else will fit? bigger brakes perhaps.....

thank you and goodnight ;)
(be sure to tip the waitress)

ah forgot to add will be fitting it to the car next weekend to see if it really does help, if it does then we'll try a bigger carb from the 1.4 or 1.6 ;)

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Your post was edited (for obvious reasons).

Changing a carb alone wont release much if any real power. The real culprit is the intake manifold as bob has now shown many times.

OP
OP
Speedle

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
totally agree with that ed, but i would expect a little improvemnt from it, when i fitted the webber to k10 as is it did give the car a much better but we'll see once its done, im looking into alternatives to bike carbs i.e. cheaper for the memebers with less money :) and easier to do