Mystery picture

Can you tell me what this pipe is for please?

Attachments

• 08CB9B65-0CB2-40B4-B241-628D210CE858.jpeg
    08CB9B65-0CB2-40B4-B241-628D210CE858.jpeg
    721.7 KB · Views: 331
OP
OP
P
Mika has a 1.6 160 SR, so he does not have the same engine as you, but he is helping you by making it easier for other people to see the picture that you posted in icon format...........:rolleyes:
On my device you touch the photo and it expands quite happily to full screen.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
In fact works quite happily on iPhone and iPad.
Not everyone uses those............ :rolleyes: Rather than justifying your original 'snide' remark, I suggest an appology to Mika, who was attempting to help you get an answer, would be more appropriate........Anyway, had you bothered to get a torch and look down the back of the engine, following the pipe, (as the rest of us have), you could have worked out for yourself that it was a gearbox breather......

Last edited:

Glad you saw the meaning and humour in my last message, Mika don't hate me, admittedly I too at first sight thought what you wrote was a little abrasive insofar as it wasn't obvious what your reply implied and if it wasn't for what John_D wrote I'd too be unaware in ignorant bliss, we're all good now!!!

I must also add that I am an old 52+ year old sensitive man with the attention span of a goldfish, awful eyesight and I am a drowning/heart attack survivor whose also been clinically dead for 2 minutes so I have excellent reasons to be flippant and not always see the obvious right under my considerably sized nose, that's my excuse and I am sticking to it (y) If anyone else can top those reasons I'd love to hear them :unsure:

Last edited:
This has got silly now. From my perspective I see someone (Paul S) asking for advice (after all this is a forum) and most probably seeking some reassurance and affirmation to back up his own knowledge, that turned into a simple misunderstanding about an image, it should have ended there, now I see insulting comments about levels etc etc, it may be conciliatory to assume not everyone has the same level of mechanical knowledge or indeed they may know a lot, some people like to double check what they think they know is correct, nowt wrong with that in my book.

John_D

Club Member
Radio Code Guru
I must also add that I am an old 52+ year old sensitive man with the attention span of a goldfish, awful eyesight and I am a drowning/heart attack survivor whose also been clinically dead for 2 minutes so I have excellent reasons to be flippant and not always see the obvious right under my considerably sized nose, that's my excuse and I am sticking to it (y) If anyone else can top those reasons I'd love to hear them :unsure:
I'm a 72+ year old man that occasionally slips into 'Victor Meldrew mode' :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Depends, there are levels of those with less knowledge that ask question, no intention of doing anything and then stick the car in a garage. The those slightly higher that do have an intention, but a little bit of common sense meant if they looked a bit deeper at the problem then it would be an obvious answer.

Mika The Finn

Site Supporter
On my screen of laptop picture of Paul S is size of stamp, it shows bigger by clicking it.
In order to see picture I have linked them to be visible on computer screen in full size.
Cause it's problematic for some individuals here, I don't do it anymore at age of 53. Simple.

And question of same hose has been here before...

Last edited:
OP
OP
P
Just for the record. I was aware the pipe originated in the gear box, and that it was probably some kind of breather pipe. I am new to K12s and was looking for confirmation. One member of the forum did that for me. Thank you for that.

Last edited: