My windows come off

My window came off the ova day and went inside the door. I took the side panel off and got the window back up but i cant it back on wot its sposed to go on. There a thing that come up with a slot in but theres only one. i dont know if thats right as i dont know a lot about cars.
please help

My window came off the ova day and went inside the door. I took the side panel off and got the window back up but i cant it back on wot its sposed to go on. There a thing that come up with a slot in but theres only one. i dont know if thats right as i dont know a lot about cars.
please help

Please dont use txt speak, Cheers! & good luck sorting your car out. Do you have a haynes manual? might have some advice on how the glass is fitted

There should be two yellow clips that bolt onto the runner, the other one is kinda hard to see (closer to the hinge) You will need to take the window out, clean it, clean and widen the window runner too (its because the rubber is grabbing thw window and not allowing it to move freely and jumping out the runner) Get window bonding stuff (got this from autoglass) and put it on the window in the correct place. Then sit it back in to the runner and bolt up, wind the window back up and leave it for a few days!

My window did the exact same! Autoglass sorted mine for free!!

Hope this helps!
Daz

sounds like you need new window clips, these are not that expensive from nissan. If your handy you can replace them yourself as nissan will charge quite a bit to do it.

also go to a motor factors and get a tin of silcone spray, costs about a fiver and will re-moisten the rubber so it doesn't stick to the glass.

Mike

DONT get silicon spray!!! The silicon in the spray will cause the rubber to get all sticky and grab the window! Amature mistake, use WD40 - a proper lubricant - Fordy will back me up on this one, the silicon makes it worse mate honest.

You dont need to get new clips mike - just a good bonding solution to bond them to the window - the clips aint faulty the bonding has come away from them - happened several times on mine untill i got the stuff they use to bond the windscreens on with!

Daz

DONT get silicon spray!!! The silicon in the spray will cause the rubber to get all sticky and grab the window! Amature mistake, use WD40 - a proper lubricant - Fordy will back me up on this one, the silicon makes it worse mate honest.

You dont need to get new clips mike - just a good bonding solution to bond them to the window - the clips aint faulty the bonding has come away from them - happened several times on mine untill i got the stuff they use to bond the windscreens on with!

Daz

yup, i use lm grease in the runners but either wd40 or lm grease will work, silicon grease is only good for the door seals as it stops them sticking to to the car when they get hot and sticky

the yellow clips arent really clips but more like brackets that you put windscreen bonding in and you also put the bonding on the glass and push the bracket onto the window then you assemble the door back together and wind the window up tight and leave it for a day or 2, to let the bonding go off

thats interesting, nissan (glyn hopkins) recommended silcone spray for my windows and they gave me the can i have in the garage

Go to autoglass mate and explain the situation, They did mine for free as it was a saturday and no bosses hehe

Back