My tyres have changed size !

Well, not by themselves...I took my K11 to a well-known tyre company and asked for a new pair of front tyres; I must admit that I didn't specifically give the size - I had called in a few weeks previously and given the details and, so I imagined, they would have got it right. Having to wait for 45 minutes to get the car (no complaints about the time) I was running a little late so when I thought the car felt a little odd I didn't stop to check (it wasn't that bad) but waited until I got home - and that was after 18.00. And I found that I now had a pair of 155/80R13 on the front while the rear are 155/70R13 which was the size of the previous front tyres, of course.
Nothing has changed in the recommended tyre sizes has it ?
Certainly the car was handling poorly: from a slight understeer to a decided oversteer such that I felt I had to slow down at corners and while I'm not sure that the size would make that much difference it is rather odd.
There will be a phone call in the morning !

If you're having issues with steering, well it doesn't feel right, then perhaps the wheels were not balanced correctly before being refitted to the car?

drand

1st Micraversary!
Yep, it's a basic check to make sure that the tyres are a) right for the car according to the manufacturer and b) suitable for operation alongside any existing tyres. It's poor form from the garage.

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
The only appropriate tyres for a K11 are:
155/70R13
175/60R13
165/65R14

155/80R13, or 155R13, is a classic car tyre size...

OP
OP
W
Thanks for confirming my thoughts - I couldn't see any evidence that they should be 155/80. Having phoned them, and the person I spoke to "wasn't there yesterday", I will be going back next week. I don't do a lot of driving at the moment, one of the delights of working from home.

skymera

Brutal Honesty
Garages always try to screw you over.

Local tyre place to me always buys the tyres which are at end of life. Always check the dot codes.

They also fit the wrong tyres. Continental Premium Contact instead of Contact 2s. The price is they same, but the simple fact is that it's not what you ordered.

OP
OP
W
The correct tyres were duly fitted when I returned. No real explanation but it seems that they have a code '155R13' which means '155/80R13' and when they entered 155R13 on the order that was it. Despite knowing what the vehicle was nothing was flagged up as an error/oddity. I also pointed out that they advise 32/30 psi (front/rear) although Nissan have it as 32/27 - but it would appear that they only follow orders - their chart says...

Does make you wonder - I suspect that whatever profit they may have made from me was lost, so, no doubt, someone else will have to pay more.