My ST got stronger

new custom made outlet manifold,garrett gt1752,e-manage blue,custom made 60mm downpipe and exhaust system,hks bov,gtir front brakes,fmic,ngk iridium,walbro 255 high pressure fuel pump. the next step is new wire plugs and a dyno run!!!here are some pics. Excuse me for the mistake in the title. I meant stronger of course
DSC00735.jpg

DSC00736.jpg

DSC00737.jpg

DSC00739.jpg

DSC00741.jpg

DSC00742.jpg

DSC00743.jpg

DSC00745.jpg

DSC00744.jpg

DSC00749.jpg

DSC00750.jpg

DSC007511.jpg

DSC007521.jpg

Wow,impressive upgrages oranje. Looked at these pictures about a dozen times.Are you having any wheel speed issue withe the upgrades?How much boost are you running presently?

OP
OP
oranje
thank you RLewis! at present i run about 1.2 bar and the program we made can stand up to 1.4 when in 400m race. this gt 1752 i think is the best upgrade for this engine. it much more faster than stock or something hybrid and in addition with this manifold it rocks! Hope soon i will upload a video in road and when i get paid i will go for a dyno. If anyone is interested in serious results he should make a new manifold. Also mate we enforced the clutch, we installed a koyo Rolling Bearing, programmed the emanage in addition to a 44 ecu which as you know it keeps the charger open all the time. This set up gives me full boost at 3800rpm up to 8000 where we have the limiter.
As for the wheel speed what do you mean? sorry for my English but i dint understand it. Hope the next step is a full rebuilt with cp piston inside and new intake manifold.

I was refering to any problems with traction,is it an issue with the new power under the bonnet,wonder Baz and Ed thoughts are concerning the work done?

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Very neat and tidy job done . Regarding the fitting for the oil feed what fitting did you use? Is that a garret turbo?

OP
OP
oranje
I was refering to any problems with traction,is it an issue with the new power under the bonnet,wonder Baz and Ed thoughts are concerning the work done?
for the time beeing there is no problem with the traction..i think that all that power the engine makes is reaching the limits of my gearbox!for now everything runs smoothly the only tiny problem the broken gearbox mount in a run from 3rd to 4th gear!but i m going to be made a custom stronger one!i hope i undrstood and answered your question!

OP
OP
oranje
Very neat and tidy job done . Regarding the fitting for the oil feed what fitting did you use? Is that a garret turbo?
if im understanding correctly what you have asked,the fitting for the oil feed is custome made!yes the turbo is garrett!

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Gearbox will take more than that :) I was running a GT2860R turbo at 1.6 bar on mine, gears didn't break just the syncro teeth did after a while.

Baz

Ex. Club Member
if im understanding correctly what you have asked,the fitting for the oil feed is custome made!yes the turbo is garrett!

Yes the fitting that is screwed (for want of a better word) into the turbo and then it looks like you have retained the factory oil line and this connects to the fitting?

I actually need one on these badly , can you get more info on it for me?

Thanks

Barry

OP
OP
oranje
Gearbox will take more than that :) I was running a GT2860R turbo at 1.6 bar on mine, gears didn't break just the syncro teeth did after a while.
i think guys for out engine the biggest turbo you should install is a gt20 series model. i thoink bigger than this will give only in high rpm only. ma09 cant spool higher turbo especially for every day use. As for the oil fitting i will ask my mechanic and i will tell you.

OP
OP
oranje
i just s
Yes the fitting that is screwed (for want of a better word) into the turbo and then it looks like you have retained the factory oil line and this connects to the fitting?

I actually need one on these badly , can you get more info on it for me?

Thanks

Barry
I JUST Spoke to my mechanic and told me that is custom made as i said before and the exhaust shop made it on the car. If you like you can use also a racor pipe which as you know it bends as you like

OP
OP
oranje
for the part you asked the oil fitting of the turbocharger. It is custom made in my engine, it isnt something you can buy from factory. Didnt you ask how we made the oil fitting?

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Baz all oil fittings like that can be easily got here. Place 30 mins from my workshop does every type of oil line/fitting imaginable.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
i think guys for out engine the biggest turbo you should install is a gt20 series model. i thoink bigger than this will give only in high rpm only. ma09 cant spool higher turbo especially for every day use.

GT20 series only will do around 200hp, or the 2056 around 250. My next stage was ideally for more than that, so the GT20 series would be too small.

OP
OP
oranje
GT20 series only will do around 200hp, or the 2056 around 250. My next stage was ideally for more than that, so the GT20 series would be too small.
i got gt1752 because i use a lot my car every day and our engine spools it awsome. bigger turbo more lag. in greece we dont see only the max bhp power but how fast and quick response the car has. my turbo is fully charged at 3800rpm. 2056 or 2860 will give me more power in higjer rpm. so why do that? i have a bit less power for more rpm.

frank

Club Member
i got gt1752 because i use a lot my car every day and our engine spools it awsome. bigger turbo more lag. in greece we dont see only the max bhp power but how fast and quick response the car has. my turbo is fully charged at 3800rpm. 2056 or 2860 will give me more power in higjer rpm. so why do that? i have a bit less power for more rpm.
same here orange (mine,s a GT15) members tend to fit a turbo from a 2.0 car and then wonder why its laggy eh :rolleyes: (i think its a phallic substitute personally :D)

OP
OP
oranje
same here orange (mine,s a GT15) members tend to fit a turbo from a 2.0 car and then wonder why its laggy eh :rolleyes: (i think its a phallic substitute personally :D)
i agree frank. Another guy that has a ma09 in greece has gt25 external and a huge for this engine manifold. in dyno he got 151bhp but very high. if i have the oppurtinity i will post a video. i'd like to exchange info so we can upgrade better our babies. Yours with GT15 must be devil in low rpm especially!

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Baz all oil fittings like that can be easily got here. Place 30 mins from my workshop does every type of oil line/fitting imaginable.

Would they have a fitting that the male side goes into a garret core and the female side will take the st's factory oil feed?

OP
OP
oranje
thank you mate! my mechanic searched a lot about it, how to built it because our car has small engine and therefore if you build something bigger or smaller the results will be frustrating. the way the manifold is designed in autocad, reminds a little of mitsubishi evo manifold. this design is one of the best factory designs. Ma09 factory manifold is a crap also the ht turbine. very very slow but imagine that was a 20year old turbo. My mechanic is starting a project for his st with new intake manifold, 2052 turbo, new ecu not emanage, very light about 680kgs, cp pistons and much more stuff. Yours must be killing!

frank

Club Member
thank you mate! my mechanic searched a lot about it, how to built it because our car has small engine and therefore if you build something bigger or smaller the results will be frustrating. the way the manifold is designed in autocad, reminds a little of mitsubishi evo manifold. this design is one of the best factory designs. Ma09 factory manifold is a crap also the ht turbine. very very slow but imagine that was a 20year old turbo. My mechanic is starting a project for his st with new intake manifold, 2052 turbo, new ecu not emanage, very light about 680kgs, cp pistons and much more stuff. Yours must be killing!
sounds good :cool: but mine is very very ghetto compared to yours http://www.micra.com.au/community/message.php?messageid=72737

OP
OP
oranje
everything'sok. i changed a setting in the back of profec a. supercharger boosts to 1bar mate. is it better if i put it to 1.1 1.2 bar?

Baz

Ex. Club Member
Its not registering boost before the turbo kicks in though? How have you the profec connected to the s/c?

OP
OP
oranje
no i dont have it on profec but profec has a switch behind which when boost falls off or lags, it helps you to eliminate it. also two pipes are back on their spot. i have to use tyre up's for all pipes to be sure. now it works perfectly fine!

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Sounds great, is the supercharger giving boost? Seems very laggy

Thats what I thought too. Its hard to tell though, just looked lazy and doesn't sound like mine did.

OP
OP
oranje
oh yes ed. for over a week now 4 different pipes are of. one under eccs two from ufo and one behind intake manifold. it works for much timi in 1.3 and i think it is logical. i will tie them up when i find time. i will post video in next days to be honest

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Thats ok, didn't want you to take it the wrong way, you can just hear the supercharger isn't doing anything in that video. :)

OP
OP
oranje
600€ mate. Hand made designed in autocad. I am very satisfied by the result. If your little monster gonna work consider making one. It will help a lot