• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My SR20 k11 drag/sprint car blog

Yup as the title states ive decided on going down this route....after getting my own workshop and starting my own micra buisness (kind of)......I sold my pontiac to buy a few micra's....2 complete cars...a SR for work......

And now a Nissan March with a primera GT engine and box already fitted ......I won it off ebay and we are collecting it in 2 weeks so I will post pics when I get it.

The breakdown of the build will be....engine stripped.....head ported and skimmed, valves redone e.c.t.....and then throttle bodies running mega squirt.

The shell will be having a fabricated 6 point cage welded in and powder coated.

All underside will be poly bushed

Suspension will be coilovers and camber adjustment...panhard rod....roll bars e.c.t

Wheels will be 15x7

Exhaust mid section will be 63mm fabricated following after a stainless header and down pipe.

I will update as things get started.

Most work will be carried out by my engineer @Phase 1 engineering......u might also know him from the rally scence...."Martin Waters" (Kawsaki Green E30 BMW)

$T2eC16ZHJH8E9qSEWy9eBRompRCiZw~~60_57.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJEQFGS!1YvwyBRomqFRuc!~~60_57.JPG

Ok update on the march.

Ive cleaned all surface rust and undearseled all the front end incl inner wheel arches and cross member.

Ive cleaned all the floor pans and painted using high build primer then stone chip paint.

Next thing to do is take engine out and send off to the tuning shop to be rebuilt to a estimated 230/240hp

I only have my samsung s4 as internet but the phone app wont allow me it says I dont have permission so I gave up......photos are on the link on my sig

I done the turbo conversion years ago...I was the 2nd in the club to turbo the cg10 but the first to have it on the road sucessfully back then.

I love itbs and I like turbo but that can be another route later in time :rolleyes:

Update....

Mocked up a suitable radiator today...a Nissan stagea auto rad...clearance is fine

Been offerd the stagea calipers and hubs also :)

And today I purchased a Megasquirt V3 ecu with data cable e.c.t :cool:

Update....

Engine now at the engineers shop being stripped ready for rebuild.

Engine bay all painted

Master cylinder, pedals, steering rack, steering column all fitted.

Lower arms all cleaned and repainted and front hubs

All glass removed

All inner panels cut out to save weight

All inside primerd and painted

Tried uploading pics but app being gay so can one of my fb friends help out?

Jason.

The old skoolers remember Roxy well ;) Nice to see you back on here again J.

I've not looked into trimming the shell, what have you removed so far? All I have done is get rid of the trims, sunroof, heater matrix, fan box, ducting etc and trimmed the dash down to fit the rollcage. Everything else is pretty much as-built.

I picked up the march as a empty rolling shell so ive took all the windows out to replace with polycarbonate kit....the front doors and rear quarter panels what i did was follow the contour line of the inner panels and just cut it out....but remember to remove all the door gubbins first

I picked up the march as a empty rolling shell so ive took all the windows out to replace with polycarbonate kit....the front doors and rear quarter panels what i did was follow the contour line of the inner panels and just cut it out....but remember to remove all the door gubbins first

do you know how much weight this removed bud?

Looking forward to seeing this come together :)

Yeah id say buy removing the inner panels and window mechanisms and all glass you save UPTO 50kg as thats my goal....but inner panels alone incl door gubbins would be around 10kg...also the boot aswell u can remove

Bare in mind tho theres lots of ways to save weight....im using a fibreglass dash from a classic mini...also fitting light weight bucket seats

Back