ice system
wind derflectors

think these are good ideas

will update as things happen

first pic as it currently is
Image005.jpg

alloys to go on
c050_1.jpg

post your coments on the car and my plans?

OP
OP
S

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
yea, hopefully gonna do bumpers, grille, doorhandles and mirrors, maybee do the side bits too but dunno if that would be too much?

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
I've done the colour code bumpers now got to do colour coded grill everyones saying looks better. Done ICE, Alarm, Remote Central locking next stop speakers in back and HF Amatuer radio unit install, Need the 14-15 alloys too but these are being bought tomorrow.

OP
OP
S

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
alloys should arive tomorrow but no tyres as yet due to low funding, have fitted 13cm components in front and due to fit 6x9s on shelf (with 4 way multi plug so i can remove if i want)

hopefully getting an alarm with full central locking with auto lock as you walk away, microwave and shock sensors, anti theft, basically all the bells and whistles. but will have to wire up.

replaced the interior and boot lights with led festoon buls so much brighter.

going to take the petrol filler cover off to get the colour match and start spraying mirrors as they dont need plastic primer

will take more photos tomorow of the components which took hours to install as gromets are a pain and standard door holes too small

and for the record its nice and shiny after 5 hours of arm aching labour.

used paint compund to smooth all the faded and bird EDITED damaged paint then colour restoring red polish then red turtle wax

it hurt. but well worth it

OP
OP
S

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
update
now have the alloys
P03-14-07_18.jpg

spent the afternoon starting to refurb them, sanded down the curbed edges and pollished a ring round the edges.
P03-29-07_17.jpg

now i have to decide what colour to paint then, was thinking about black with red metal flake and then leaving the polished thin circle. any other suggestions???

a lil something like this
black1.jpg

OP
OP
S

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
been a while but got some updates on alloys progress. a few pics

ready to prime after hours of sanding, and flatting
P05-05-07_13.jpg

primed the fronts.
P05-05-07_15.jpg

then sprayed the backs.
P05-12-07_14.jpg

P05-12-07_14-1.jpg

and then laquered them.
P05-12-07_15-1.jpg

P05-12-07_15.jpg

fronts still to do.

will do those soon and post pics of them on the car, went for adark silver called mercury.
will add a red ring to the front too

OP
OP
S

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
used an air poweredd Da (dual action) sander with 70, 120 and 320 grades.

70 for the worst stuff, then 120 for not so bad, and 320 to finish it off.

then i wet and dried the whole wheel to key it with 700 grade.

then etch primed.

took a long time but they look great and i didnt even etch the backs, cant wait to see the fronts.

OP
OP
S

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
i have updates!!

wheels finished!!!!
DSCF2721.jpg
DSCF2723.jpg

and as i passed my test today!!
woot

i fitted them also
P06-04-07_16.jpg

P06-04-07_16-1.jpg

sorry about images being big.

what does everyone rekon???

next to do, spoiler and alarm

OP
OP
S

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
thanks guys, im looking into a kit but im not to sure, i might just spend the cash tidying up the rest.
theres a few areas os not allowed to swear paint job repair which im gonna sort and then rest on audio.
if something comes up for a god price ill go for it tho

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
good idea mate a decent sound system will give you many more hours of pleasure than a kit, i reckon you should lower it super s spoiler or similar and keep her tidy :) some face lift big bumpers would look nice too ;)

subtle is the best way to mod :)

OP
OP
S

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
ive got the top part of a two part foah spoiler, was on ebay. not going to put facelift bumpers on but have got some front fogs to mould into current bumpers.
might also do some colour coding.

still not sure

all depends on money

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
i have a picture of a red pre facelift with facelift bumpers, ill dig out the picture i reckon you'll change your mind :)

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
lowering would be my next step if i was you. will make those wells look alot better when its down ( the look like mini porche rims) well done on the refurb wanna do mine on the gti ??

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Wow, you def managed to finish them off well :)

Congrats on passing your test too :D Don't forget though, you'll need to be an angel on the roads now for 2 years. Getting flashed twice will be a straight ban otherwise.

OP
OP
S

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
speedle.
could u post that pic(s) please.

paul.
if your serious i could do but would need to see a pic so i have an idea of how complex and therefore cost to me in man hours and materials.

RTL.
first coat was etch primer from a aersol, then filler primer from an aerosol,
paint was called mercury grey metallic. its the standard type u get in all car parts shops.

laquer was a 2k type, so hard as nails. sprayed it from a pro air gun just so you no.

OP
OP
S

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
updates

just a few small updates

finally got round to fitting my new sound system bits

alpine components (5 1/4 inch inch woofers standard holes)
speakers001.jpg

and vibe sek 6x9s (i no they on the parcel shelf but no othe options.
speakers002.jpg

have braced the shelf with some mdf though and fitted a multi plu so i can take the shelf out when i need
speakers005.jpg

speakers004.jpg

sound way *cough*ing better than the standard 4 inch speakers no i need an amp to give them some juice.

Courior

Fat ppl r harder 2 kidnap
if that sounds anywhere near as nice as it looks then thats AWESOME mate... also.. how much and where from lol!!???!!

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
looks good mate, only bad thing i can say is "its powerflow" within a year the last powerflow i had

1. rusted (badly)
2. supposed stainless steel welds snapped (this should never happen)
3. baffles in the rear box went
4. they wouldnt honour the warrenty

so i never recommend them to anyone, but it does look good i hope yours lasts longer than mine did

OP
OP
S

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
i got it done at the garage i work at (ph autos in taunton, somerset), my dad does all the powerflow and i trust the work fully, but thanks for the concern.but i can understand your sceptiscism.
will get a sound clip once i can find some one to record one for me/ rev it a lil.

cost wise it should have been £450 but i got for just under £200 which is basically the cost of the components so no labour etc.

sonc : what you mean b7y a splitter? any pics of your idea?o_O

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
that looks nice! I had an idea to do something like that but went for a single outlet instead. Top job :)

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
i got it done at the garage i work at (ph autos in taunton, somerset), my dad does all the powerflow and i trust the work fully, but thanks for the concern.but i can understand your sceptiscism.
will get a sound clip once i can find some one to record one for me/ rev it a lil.

cost wise it should have been £450 but i got for just under £200 which is basically the cost of the components so no labour etc.

sonc : what you mean b7y a splitter? any pics of your idea?o_O

oh right well in that case mate i woul'nt worry the guys that did my powerflow were proper cowboys! i need to a get a new full system done once i've fitted my 4-2-1 manifold be interested in heading down to get your dad to do it, least then i know some real mechanics have done it proper like ;)

would he give me a nice "cash in hand" price? :D

OP
OP
S

somersetk1

Ex. Club Member
i wouldnt be able to say but if you want i can give you the details for the garage?

you would have to book your car in as we are booking for 2-3 weeks ahead.

i can safely say that you could have almost any thing you want fitted though, as mine demonstrates.

let me know if u want phone number, web address etc

also with the rust thing, have done some research and have found out that only surgical grade stainless stell doesnt corrode, all other grade show at least some corrosion.