my Pioneer 6 changer is jamming

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
Can someone advise me on how I stop my multichanger from jamming ? It gets to CD 3 then stops working I can hear the CD in the case trying to return the cassette which isn't happening.

There are a set of adjusters on the side, I think these are for vertical or horizontal assembly.

The Changer is a CDX-M40

Charlotte

make sure its set correctly for how its mounted and its secured firmly to a solid piece of the car. If its still sticking at the same point it may mean that it needs a service or a new magazing (check to see if they are any cracks in the existing mag)

Mike

There aren't any cracks on the magazine or none that I can see. I'll check with my local incar entertainment center to see roughly how much a service is.

Charlotte

I swear CD players and changers etc are only made to last a few years lol!! At least till they start playing up anyway!!

There were mumblings a few years ago that some manufacturers placed chips which had a countdown eprom in them. It was discussed in parliament and in the us senate, of course companies denied it until one of these chips were found. You could be right.

Charlotte

Have you tried different CD's? May sound daft but i've had certain disks jam in my cd changer & head unit, usually CD-R's

Didn't think of that, for information it is always sticking on the ones you copy from the computer or the CD machine and not premium ones I'll give 6 premium ones a try if it still sticks then it will have to go for service or I'll buy a new one I've found one for £80

Charlotte

I've tried 6 premium CD's and it's jammed again. Any other ideas before I start forking out loads of money on the unit? I'm guessing the Magazine and motors are out of adjustment does anyone know how to remedy this fault? Would a touch of oil on the mechanisms help or will it totally mess the thing up?
(I'm starting to get tense with the thing )

Charlotte

it shouldn't cost too much to get it serviced. the only prob you'll have is the wait, as it'll take a few weeks!!

If you can still buy them in the shops buy another and take the broken one you have back in its place an get a your money back, but it will only work if your old one is like new so they wont know ! Works every time :)

Back