My onboard Micra k13 diary!

My onboard Micra k13 diary!

Hi guys!
I owned last week my brand new Nissan Micra 1.2 DiG-S!
I selected the following settings:
-Equipment: Teckna Premium (full equipped), but without leather seats;
-Colour: Metallic Silver (colour reference k23).

I ‘ll wait 3 months until car delivery (prevue delivery date: first December week).
The main propose of this car, is my wife car’s replacement (actually a 2000 Daihatsu Sirion M100). I hope get one average fuel consumption under 5.0L/100km (actually Sirion’s fuel consumption value).
See you!

OP
OP
draper
I’ve received my brand new Micra DIG-S in February.
Now it has ~2700km. So far so good!
micrafrt1.jpg

Nice drive comfort and equipment (full extras), interior space (for a small car) and a powerful 98hp supercharged engine.
105774d1333488718-nissan-micra-k13-1-2-dig-s-teckna-premium-20120316_digs-001.jpg

Best average fuel consumption: 4.3L/100km
20120316_digs 002.jpg

Best regards!

100km = 62 miles
4.3l = 0.95 gallons

thats pretty much just over 60 miles per gallon with a supercharged 98bhp very good :)

This model is also one of only three petrol-engined cars that are exempt from the London congestion charge, and enjoys zero road tax. :eek: :cool:

OP
OP
draper
Some questions:
1- According my Micra k13 DIG-S manual, the sparkplugs to use are NGK DILKAR7E11HS, and they must be replaced every 60.000km (about 38000 miles).
Isn’t too ‘short’ mileage for Iridium spark plugs?

2- Where I can find the Micra k13 OBD port? Can you post a picture?

3- According owner manual, the engine oil must respect ACEA A3, A5, C2 or C3 (5w30 grade).
I'm thinking to apply Motul 8100 Eco-Clean C2 5w30 since first service. What’s your opinion?
Thanks!

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Just out of interest, what's the recommended service interval for the car? I'd the the oil in between every service as well if you want the engine to live forever :).

OP
OP
draper
Just out of interest, what's the recommended service interval for the car? I'd the the oil in between every service as well if you want the engine to live forever :).
The standard service interval is 20.000km. But I’ve changed the board computer alert ‘oil change’ to every 15000km (1 ½ year according my family use).:cool:

OP
OP
draper
Last week, I’ve received this recall from Nissan:

Recall Details
Concern :
FUEL MAY LEAK
Description :
Nissan has identified that the fuel rail pressure sensor of some vehicles may have not been correctly tightened to the fuel rail of the engine and may loosen gradually due to heat and vibration of the engine. If left undetected and the vehicle continues to be driven in this condition, in extreme cases, fuel leakage may occur.
Remedial Action :
Re-tighten the pressure sensor and replace the pressure sensor gasket if required.

I went to Nissan’s dealer, and the recall was done! No problem detected.

I also asked to eliminate some noises from dashboard. Done!
Nice service!

OP
OP
draper
Noises from dashboard are back… L

It’s really strange because they only exist by morning (cool temperature <15ºC). After some time with the ambient temperature rise, they simple disappear… (Plastics dilatation?).
Does anyone have this problem too?

SplanK

Site Supporter
What type of noise is it?
I noticed with my DIG-S I can hear, what I believe to be the injectors and they are more evident at cold start than at any other time, not sure if its this you are hearing or something else?

OP
OP
draper
This week, my car has made the first Nissan service – 15.000km/1 year.
Yes, the maintenance interval in my Micra is 20kkm, but I’ve changed it to 15kkm in order to get a maintenance schedule more adapted to my drive conditions.

I made the service at the regional Nissan official workshop, and it cost 51€ (including VAT).;)
I took the engine oil (Liqui Moly TopTec 4200 5w30), in order to save same money (around 100€!!!).
They have worked at the dashboard noises, but 2 days after they are back!!! o_O

I’ve some known folks that have Honda’s Jazz and Kia Venga, and they say that this type of ‘dashboard noises’ are quiet usual in this car segment.

OP
OP
draper
Well!
After 20.000km rolling with my Micra, the MIL light was turned on… o_O
ecu_fault.jpg

After 5 days, Nissan’s garage diagnostic: faulty timing chain tensor.
It seems that Nissan’s Micra k12 timing chain tensor problem wasn’t already solved, and K13’s generation has the same malfunction.

I’m hopping have my car back this week. Warranty will supports all costs.

SplanK

Site Supporter
oh dear....
There are not that many of these things on the road either at the moment so I wonder if it will ever be considered a "common fault" and done FOC when cars start going out of warranty!

OP
OP
draper
After 3 week in Nissan’s garage, the problem (seems) be solved.:)
It wasn’t the timing chain tensor.

In fact the mechanic doesn’t have one cause for the fault.
The timing chain and respective guides were changed by new ones.

I hope have the luck to not have the same problem again.

OP
OP
draper
Hi! I sold my Nissan Micra!

Is actually at Nissan workshop (no feedback from the malfunction…), but I’ve negotiated with the cars seller (Nissan & Renault), and I picked one Renault Captur 0.9TCE Sport version, paying the price difference.

I don’t have no more trust in Micra’s reliability.

SplanK

Site Supporter
That's a shame... BUT I don't blame you, shame you went to Renault though. In this day in age they should be able to pin point problems with all the sensors bolted to the engine!

If you could, feedback of the fault would be great.... that's if they will let you of course!