My new wheels

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Citroen AX 10
Good points: MOT til december.

Bad points:
After having a good look at it it's been in at least one accident and been repaired very badly. Oil is white and exhaust is smokey. Everything else.

Mods so far include tacho/oil pressure/volt/water temp gauge as the car doesn't have any of those as standard and a noisy exhaust. Oh yeah and the paper bag to go over my head.

Plans are to drive it til it dies, then park it in a scrapyard.

cax.jpg

cax1.jpg

cax2.jpg

OP
OP
ollyc98

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Lol, it was a bargain price, just til I can afford sommat decent, maybe another micra as my last 2 gave me no trouble.

beautiful! has the rear axle been pushed forward 6inches? also, are you sure the reason the front bumper is falling off isnt because you just drove it into a wall?:D

OP
OP
ollyc98

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Both rear wheels are that far forward lol. As for the bumper, it was the first time I'd driven it. As I parked I discovered the brakes aren't any good and stuffed it into the wall, cracking the bumper a bit more. That's the best thing about having a french car, I didn't even get upset.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
nice car
i had one a while back very very lightweight very very good on petrol
and you improved the look with the wall
dont remember any recirculate switch on the blower settings so outside scents it is

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Girlfriend had one of these for her first car in the blue bumper colour you have :p can't fault em made a 200 journey on £20 mind you this was when fuel was below a quid :(
have fun! (Y)

OP
OP
ollyc98

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Taken from wiki:
The car was very economical, largely because of excellent aerodynamics for its class of car (drag coefficient of 0.31) and a very light weight of 640 kg (1,411 lb) for the basic version. This was due to the extensive use of plastic panels in non-load bearing areas and varying the thicknesses of steel in the bodyshell to be the minimum needed to take required loads.

You can really see this when you jack it up and the doors won't open.

OP
OP
ollyc98

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Go for the rat look :)

Lol, I don't have a choice, it's too far gone to get it back to show condition.

Found a job to do when I get my new welder. The front suspension mounting is rusted away and has been filled with newspaper and glue. Also the wishbones could use some 3mm plates welding to them to make them stronger as they look a bit weak.

OP
OP
ollyc98

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
I thought the front bumper looked rubbish so I undid the one bolt holding it on and took it to my shed. Chopped out the lower grille, sanded flat with wet n dry. The only paint I had was half a tin of 'poundland special' black gloss. Ran out after 2 coats so if you look really closely along the top you'll see a bit of blue showing through but it has definitely made it look a bit better.
bump.jpg

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
Go for the rat look :)

??? undoo the rat look more like
bumper looks much better and with more of the same it would look nice
but the back wheels are trying to get in the back seats
serious though being on the road (legit)means a lot nowdays watever the cars lookin

OP
OP
ollyc98

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
The back wheels sit central in the arch now, where I jacked the front up and dropped it back down the suspension was stretched, after I let of the handbrake it dropped back to where it should be.

OP
OP
ollyc98

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
In the hope that people might mistake it for a good car I've flipped the front badge, and took the stickers off the boot.

The car also came with no parcel shelf so some leftover 18mm ply, some carpet and a nail gun later and I had this:
Smoooth:
vshelf.jpg

vv.jpg

OP
OP
ollyc98

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Yeah, it does look kinda mean, I dunno what's up with the bonnet, it sits about 2 inches in front of the headlights/grille.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Brilliant, the same reason i bought my Corsa! The thing is, you end up spending a bit of money on it to make it look a bit tidier, then before you know it, you're actually wasting money on it!

OP
OP
ollyc98

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Lol yeah, I don't wanna spend money on it but then I don't wanna be seen driving it in its current state.

Can't spend too much though, I'm saving up to do a Microcar Virgo motorbike engine conversion now I've found a supplier for the subframe.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
'This is my micra. There are many like it but this one is mine. My micra is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my micra is useless. Without my micra I am useless....' - Full Metal Micra

that your micra yeh
just laughed when i saw the photos then scand past that

OP
OP
ollyc98

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Want it to be comfortable to drive so all mods now will be for driver comfort, 8 inch longer gearstick, steering wheel will be a bit lower.

stick.jpg

OP
OP
ollyc98

ollyc98

Ex. Club Member
Well, I have a few job interviews so as soon as I get a job or save enough JSA I'll insure it, buy 4x yokohama a.drive tyres, tax it and I'll be good to go.