My new project

kennierobo

Buy & Sell Member
Well as if im not bust enough ive decided to save another micra from the crusher I had to as its done no miles at all 26k from new cat c write off. And as i have a pre facelift sitting here doing nothing ive decided that i will repair it with the panels from that car so it will be another facelift-prefacelift is that right never mind you know what i mean.....
203108.jpg

it will be a very simple one jim if i do as its just panel damage but who knows when i get into it lol. by the way ive some coilpacks if you want them freebies mate no good to me and i know how expensive they are so if you want them you can have them.....

awesome how much did that set you back? and is it a 1.3?

keep it facelift, it would be a neat little car :D

just 1ltr nex giving it to the wife lol im just using pre facelift panels as i have them allready then that will allow me to get it vic checked and on the roads this in turn free,s up the yellow micra which i can then sell and then i will see my mates in scrap yard for correct panels later on in the year when funds allow as for price nex.............£395

forgot to mention nex its a 2000 model w plate

just 1ltr nex giving it to the wife lol im just using pre facelift panels as i have them allready then that will allow me to get it vic checked and on the roads this in turn free,s up the yellow micra which i can then sell and then i will see my mates in scrap yard for correct panels later on in the year when funds allow as for price nex.............£395

And I paid £300 for Kenny's old 2000 W Profile :p

Which only needed the blue boot putting on and a blue door sprayed. Everything else perfect.

Cheers Ken :grinning:(Y)

And I paid £300 for Kenny's old 2000 W Profile :p

Which only needed the blue boot putting on and a blue door sprayed. Everything else perfect.

Cheers Ken :grinning:(Y)

Yes but differance is this has only done 26k not been ragged and its only panel damage bud! kenny,s old w reg could not keep pace with my r reg yellow bumble bee lol he did try bless him hence he got a new one but that aside I looked at it mechanicly not aesthetically like nelson mandela said its whats under the skin that counts lol!(Y)

Wow nice find (Y)

cheers robb(Y)

you jammy buggger, that is a steal! you got a good car on your hands there, it might be worth finding the correct panels and selling it then buying another micra with the profit, because i think you could make a fair bit of money ontop of that.

there is a k12 cabriolet on ebay that is accident damaged, it comes with all the replacement pannels, just needs putting together and painting. its up there for £1500 and they sell between £7k £8k, so there is alot of profit to be had there. but i don't have the space or the money.

no jigging needed it looks far worse than it is and nex i have the room but not the money lol, I cant sell it as ive promised the wife she can have it hence the reason im not botherd about useing the later panels maybe later in the year i will replace them but for now im using what ive got as its more of a money thing you know how it is! I will recoup most if not all my money when the yellow micra goes on ebay so i will break even this time..........oh yes nex im off down to peterlea again tommorow fingers crossed the cabby has been moved away from office you know what i mean wink wink say no more lol

Well I got on with the dismanling of this micra today and for the life of me i dont understand how it could be a cat c write off I thought it was a d when I bought it but paper work showed it to be a C anyway the total damage was front bumper headlights slam panel and bonnet I was also lead to beleave that the milage was 26k not so milage shows 20458 with a full service history wow £395 there was no damage to cross member so replacment panels im using are in primer and im off to get some paint tommorow to finnish them total man houra so far is 4 so with the refit and painting top coats im looking at around a build time of 12 hours happy days, Nex im sorry but the cabby is way to close to office to get the B piller covers had I been any closer I could have had coffee with them lol.....
PICT0007.jpg

PICT0008.jpg

PICT0009-1.jpg

PICT0010-1.jpg

PICT0012.jpg

You know when you put a plan into action and you try to stick to it ie doing the blue micra for the wife so i could sell the yellow one to cover my costs............then your son comes to you who has had no interest in driving and is 19 and says to you and you try to walk away as you know whats coming next well he got me I must have been in a good mood as the words came from his mouth and he said please dad can i have the yellow micra? quess i will have to work some overtime to cover my costs lol how can you say no! so looks like the yellow micra will be here with us for a while longer I should of sold it last week but never mind maybe there is another member joining talk about getting suckerd never mind he is my kid after all ..............still happy days

I like to get things done mate no hanging around, while i was there today there was an abundance of micra,s 02 plate with very minor front near side damage bumper and light £495, another micra 01 plate n/s front and n/s rear very light damage again £500. So I think next time I feel like a new motor I will get back there I think a lot of the low prices has a lot to do with the scrap market been dead at the moment so good deals to be had...

no jigging needed it looks far worse than it is and nex i have the room but not the money lol, I cant sell it as ive promised the wife she can have it hence the reason im not botherd about useing the later panels maybe later in the year i will replace them but for now im using what ive got as its more of a money thing you know how it is! I will recoup most if not all my money when the yellow micra goes on ebay so i will break even this time..........oh yes nex im off down to peterlea again tommorow fingers crossed the cabby has been moved away from office you know what i mean wink wink say no more lol

yea mate, isn't money such a #####, but this car will hold its value and you should get 200 alone for that nismo spoiler on your car ;) sell it down south, thats where the money's at :D

mate you are a legend ;) tho i thought i should tell you that i now have a replacement plastic part for my car, some nice person in japan sent me one for free!!! so i am very pleased :D and if i get a job then i am gonna come up and buy that cabby :D

good luck with the car, it looks perfect, no chassis damage at all there

lol just noticed your kid is having the yellow one lol, well glad you are keeping it anyway because it is a beast

yes i didnt want him to ask me for it but he did, i will bet my bottom dollor that i have the insurance and tax to pay for it spoilt with a capitol s.

disaster struck today when painting the top colour my compressor pressure regulater broke so now i have 2 painted wings and a half painted bonnet so tommorow i will be trying to repair or bodge a temp repair to it and maybe i will get them finnished if not then i will have to borrow one from someone you have to laugh coz if you dont i would cry lol.....

should have made a blog with this one as its turning into one never mind got loads done today all the panels went into paint and clear coat wings attached and bonnet just lain in place as its still a little tacky, im not sure on the colour match though but when its all cut back you probley wont tell very much anyway heres a few pics for you.......
PICT0013.jpg

PICT0014.jpg

PICT0015-1.jpg

PICT0016.jpg

PICT0017.jpg

PICT0018.jpg

Thanx andy! Well its bank holiday monday and the question is do I have a day off or finnish the work this morning on the micra and go out later argh what a dilema......nah only kidding off in garage now to fit it back up as its only a few hours work.......
so recap on whats been done thus far is collection of w reg micra cat c write off friday afternoon by friday night damaged parts removed and replacement prefacelift panels removed from scrap micra in yard saturday panels preped and into primer sunday base coat and clear coats done and today it will be finnished and next week will see it off to have the vic check job done!

COMPLETED (Y)(Y)(Y)(Y) well exept for a little wireing im doing that on thursday when im off so for now im getting washed changed and im out for the rest of the day..........cheers for positive comments and im just leaving this stock as its for the wife god i spoil her lol.....

Attachments

• PICT0019.JPG
    PICT0019.JPG
    778.9 KB · Views: 290
  • PICT0020.JPG
    PICT0020.JPG
    755.9 KB · Views: 274
one step closer with a full 12 months mot on her now so just need to ring up for a vic check and that will be another one saved from the crusher...........happy days

nice one ken (Y)
it just needs some young wippersnapper to wrap theirs around a tree, then it,s one more for the crusher lol :p

Job well done, I'm really impressed. Just wish more were as dedicated, including me :(

Your colour matching isn't bad, either :)

What's the VIC check involve by the way :confused:

BG

vic check is just a formallity you take car to a dvla checking station they then check that the chassis numbers and engine numbers match and that the chassis numbers have not been tampered with along with the vin plate and if it all match,s up and they are happy that it is not a ringer they electronicly notify swansea dvla office to issue a log book once they recieve a completed v62 form from me.....think that covers it

Vic check done passed with flying colours so called into DVLA office to tax it on the way home took my ticket and waited I waited in fact for 1 hour 20 mins only to be declined a tax disc, WHY because the insurance documents that you print off on line when you take insurance out is not acceptable at the dvla so I said to them that I have never had any problem insureing a car at the post office with the same document so what your saying is im not insured, she replied im not disputing your insured in fact i can see that you are only we need to see an original document to tax it great I said no bloomin tax. So she went on to say that you can tax it online great go home do it that way..............yes then wait up to 5 working days for the tax disc to arrive some swear words and more swear words later I rang the insurance company to get my documents sent out asap, Im sorry sir but its a bank holiday weekend and you wont get them until at least tuesday hold on its only 1.30 get them sent out registerd post we cant do that sir first class only.........ARGHHHHHHHHH I felt like nutting the walls call centres lets not go there. So now im stuck I have insurance but dont have insurance cant drive the car cant tax the car, I know I can do what all the other scanks of this country do and drive it without tax then get caught and get took on holiday for a week as im from a broken home yea right to say im fuming is a understatement bloomin dvla get your act together.

Hi ya mate, I have a quick question, the U loop of metal in this picture, is this to replace the piping for the Air Con?

If so, is their any fluid in this?

PICT0017.jpg

power steering isint it. sure it is to cool the fluid down

So those pipes don't got to the pump (Alternator or Started Motor) at the bottom of the engine (where the belt goes to).

Sorry I only ask because I've removed my Air Con, and there used to be two pipes going to the lower motor and I thought that U pipe you have is to replace the air con pipes.

im sure there for power steering i will take a look tommorow and post back as its in garage and 2 cars in front of doors so cant get in without moving them all.

Yer that is for power steering but you don't need it, you can just fit a loop back. I tis pointless as it needs cooling when you are manouvering which is when there is no airflow! Matt humpris removes them on his rally cars.

Back