My New Project :) .... micra micra micra ....

djlee_dj

Ex. Club Member
well im back into the micra world once more. this is a serious amount of work, it really is !

engine/transmission/chassis/electrics -
nissan 1600 16v and eqivelant gearbox (custom mounts, shafts, loom)
requires CAT for Mot
complete custom exhaust in the future
going to rewire engine/interior (or get new matching loom for engine if i can source an uncut one)
lowered 35mm (soon to be more)
strut brace coming
air filter/induction kit
need ignition rewired/replaced
headlights need attention
chassis legs need attention
water pump pully needs attention
brakes and brake lines need serious attention
charging circuit + battery need attention
feul tank needs a once over (clean up and roadtested + re-check)

body work -
window smashed + all over the interior :mad: (renewed)
mirror missing (renewed)
back bumper off (replaced back on)
grille smashed/missing (replaecd what i could until mine is on)
sills need completly reaplaced, no patching here + then painted.
has been jacked up passenger floor, needs hammered back down, and cut/braced/patched.
holes 5p-10p size in floor
interior needs replaced (well half of it (carpets, roofliner, rear bench, boot carpet/door cards and various trim)
passenger side lock , half punched
boot lock punched + lid damaged
quarter panel at door rusted/repaired, needs painted + little more rust treatment
bumpers need filed/sanded/painted
grille i have finished, needs meshed + painted professionally at the end

i havent had it going properly just yet, need a full service and inspection done on the car as it wasnt nice to drive.

then the rest, mod's wheels, engine, lowering, body work etc.

alot of work, was hoping to be done this summer but unsure to be honest.

going to concentrate on getting her through MOT first, work wont start for approx 3 weeks tho (my bro scraping his micra (my doner car) and i can get a load of welding done when im at college)

going to spary most myself with spray cans, be a bit rough , but hopefully get that sorted bit by bit.

heres some pics when i got her. (except the window + grille was in the pic)
19032007.jpg

19032007001.jpg

then i put the rear bumper on + mirror + passenger window was already in for the pic + the grille half in place, look at the rear bumper, then see it after i sprayed it (wont be anywere near perfect, but takes the bad look away from the isapon i think). also my wald grille which i am EXTREMLY proud of !!!

19032007002.jpg

19032007003.jpg

Grille.jpg

Bumpersprayedbadly.jpg

Ouch!

It looks like it needs a little medical attention!

I don't understand what you've posted though!

Has this work ben carried out?

I wish you all the best on your project!

If you need any help, just let me know!

-Jamie

this is nex's old 1.6 isnt it ? i recognise the fibreglass white mark on the front bumper :p

used to be james kellys old car also

no its not. altough what did nex's go like ?

im yet to have mine out properly as there was a very very bad scraping noise , maybe brakes seizing when turning right though

maybe fit another shorter geared box for better acceleration :)

i feel this is going to be a good project! hope all goes well mate. i bet you carnt wait to get it on the road?! it looks identical to nexs 1.6 :p

does anyone know what to do after painting a grille say ? im gona bring it indoors tomorrow night and leave it for a week or two, then do what ? G3 it ? t-cut it ? i need some surface imperfections out but they arent hardly noticeable. nearly orange peel effect , but no were near as bad as that

i feel this is going to be a good project! hope all goes well mate. i bet you carnt wait to get it on the road?! it looks identical to nexs 1.6 :p

your not the first to say that.

this club has changed and i feel for the better, alot more projects going on then ever before. promotes the club + car (micra) too i think :)

i think il sign up , purely just to create a blog and keep track of my own progress.

you cant fool us that is nex's car. You must have just bought it off him and now your going to get it up and running.

thats cars a slag its being around no one has finished it off. Looks pretty rough at the moment, good luck with it, will be pretty interesting if you finish the old dog off and make it a shiny new ass whooper!!

im not aloowed to trade on the MSC, i can assure you it was not via micra.org.uk. im not sure what the fella's nickname may have been, but his christian name certainly wasnt Nex

well the guys name wasnt first name wasnt nex, i dont know if he was on this board or not.

delete this topic if you wish, il keep my project to myself.

if i sign up can i create a blog and not have all these comments ? very few of which have been about the project going to be undertakin'

they are all about this project, go back read them again.

they are all relating to the car.....as your project.....as we may have seen the car before.... the only one not staying on topic was you......... as it was stated earlier that nex's name is Ralph....

so dont go jumping the gun, we all love the micra. and to have another big bhp micra on the site is a plus.

but please i wish all people on here would just read the bleeding posts before posting coments like this.. gees....

this is nex's old 1.6 isnt it ? i recognise the fibreglass white mark on the front bumper :p

used to be james kellys old car also

NeX afaik, has sold his 1.6 so someone in Ireland... well thats what he told me, cos he's making room for my shell hopefullyy :D

The reason why Lee has not mentioned that he bought the car from Nex is because he is banned from any trading on the MSC for a past trading issue.

You only have to look into Nex's for sale thread for the 1.6 to see your interest in the car Lee and now you a K11 that basically looks identical.

Anyway I wish you luck in getting the project underway, just don't try and deceive anyone to where you have got the car.

Kev

well i will update accordingly, alot of work ahead !

i need to sign up (especially now its moved to blogs + using my techie posts up)

:) thanks for the support guys

good luck with it, i maybe doing this to mine as ive spent so much time on the exterior or maybe doing a 2l job all depends on how much is involved really

today i couldnt do much as it was about to start edit: RAINING!!!! at any moment. i removed the front grille and front bumper, also picked up a new battery.

so who knows this car ? and what would you compare it too ? speed wise ? VTR ? VTS ? corsa sport 1400, 1600 ?

i will be doing performance mod's as well so hopefully get full potential out of it. manifold, injectors and at the end of it all turbo - hopefully. but thats a long way away and not even thinking about it.

does anyone have any idea of mileage that it has covered ? its reading 127,000 on the clock , a 54k engine when in ? reading what on the micra ?

engien - looks quite factory fit. electrics are very messy tho. going to source a primera loom/clocks/stalks ..... thats not required immeadiatly.

im getting my old white micra back, for parts/upgrades, at the end of april so it should start to take shape then ... interior + starter / ignition etc. thats when it should start to take shape, look like a road car again

also , will the micra gearbox fit the primera engine ? id assume would have quicker acceleration/ratios

nofrontbumperorgrille.jpg

nobumper-rear.jpg

newbatt.jpg

Well I have seen allot of this car, the power potential was very good but it has some big restrictions on it. It is still running a 1.0L exhaust witch has cut the air flow buy allot and the engine need some work.

I hope that you do a good job of restoring the car as it is lovely car but need work.

It is already faster off the line that a vtr but will go much faster with the right work.

(Y) Good luck!!! (Y)

in what way does the engine need sorting ?

yes, i will soon be ordering a manifold, induction + manufactuering a straight though exhaust. just going to get it MOT'd first.

rear bumper done

now front to do.

the bumper arent perfect by any means, neither is the car body work.

these are minor problems atm and maybe will be tidyed up at some point professionaly

24032007002-1.jpg
[/IMG]

im in a bit of a dilema, but i think this is the way it will pan out

... patch the sills doall the other work and get it through MOT and on the road then see what i think of how it goes etc ...

THEN i can decide if i want it for a run about/rake around fun daily driver until i get bored .....OR then i can get all the bodywork tidyed/resprayed (as its quite rough ATM) incl New sills, fully waxoiled etc. and keep it for a while

think im just gona think about MOT for now , then think about it all

Back