my new mods

R

RIK

taken the rear seats and rear belts out and fitted a water temp gauge.the wires are all in and fitted.i just need some samco hose to replave the old one so i dont have to cut it.so it wont actually work for abit but it lights up

Photo-0028.jpg

Photo-0027-1.jpg

Photo-0029.jpg

the weight loss has made a BIG difference.the rear seats are very heavy just on their own i couldnt lift them.theres still more to be taken out. :)

cool mate, very tidy gauge too. looking good. i was talkin to you at JAE with kirton. dying to see more mods in the future to the 160, gonna be a beast.

yeah its nice to meet people from the forum.you should bring your car next time.

yep the first msc k12 beast is born :)

I wouldn't recommend taking the carpet out, the car still has a value you can sell it for when you come to sell it. You won't get the carpet back in once it's removed.

But will still be sweet, I made the mistake on my last Micra of ripping everything out, this time all my carpet is staying and to a point where I can put everything back!

Where are the harnesses tied down to?
They look like they use a standard seatbelt point?

They should be anchored further back than that.

CocoPops said:
Where are the harnesses tied down to?
They look like they use a standard seatbelt point?

They should be anchored further back than that.

i had to put them there with rear seats in..there not going to be there for much longer

Alienfish360 said:
I wouldn't recommend taking the carpet out, the car still has a value you can sell it for when you come to sell it. You won't get the carpet back in once it's removed.

But will still be sweet, I made the mistake on my last Micra of ripping everything out, this time all my carpet is staying and to a point where I can put everything back!

the carpet will go back in..its allready been out when i had the water problem

nismo_k12 said:

eh...yes

probably easier to ask what are you leaving in lol

this will be one of the best things you can do to a 160sr, as they weigh about 1000kgs standard

fitted the temp sender unit this morning
19644c75f0107546.jpg

19644c75ef124a12.jpg

its all working fine now ,i just need to fit the pillar mount better because it looks a mess atm

just need that aircon gone now mate, its weighing you down. Also do you really need power steering?

Nismo, when he says K12 beast, i believe he means performance wise. Should be very nippy now. Would be nice to see it hit 800KG's, should leave a VTS then. You got a public weighbridge nearby?

dont know about weigh bridge..i will have to try and find one though

aircon is on my list but i have it in my head that its a i big job when really it isnt :s..probably because nobody has done it on k12 yet

lol..power steering i need im lazy

the rear speakers and rear quarters are out now.the carpet will be out tomorow i think and the rear strut brace should be fitted.

plastic windows are the top of my list ,that will take a few Kg's off it

nismo_k12 said:
what about the black 2ltr though? ive actually seen it now as well.

nobody else has..

Alienfish360 said:
what about your sound deadening and dashboard?

gi me time man! one bit at a time lol

i have a new new mod today..a broken mirror glass :D stupid van driver didnt like the look of it so he smashed it lol
anyone know how much they are?

ian even at 900kgs it should leave a VTS, a bit less weight and more torque :D but the vts is really only geared to go 0-60. i think the tuners may use the vtr box as its better top end iirc. the standard 160sr has a good chance of out running a vts after 60, just needs to catch them first lol, but now were off topic.

back on topic:
are you aiming for a certain weight? or just as light as possible?

and i just noticed today the blue light on the dash for the temp goes off at about 65 degrees c but propper running temp is around 87 like i said earlier

Back