• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My new K11!

So I figured I might as well start a project blog for my little K11. I dont have huge plans for it as of yet but after spending a bit of time on here its made me want to do more and more!

So this is how I found my "Lara" back in October!

SvoDSqj.jpg

Her previous owner had passed away a few years back and one day myself and a friend were tasked with clearing the garden (very overgrown!) and we found the little k11!

We pushed her out of the bushes and had a good look around. Its spotless inside, you'd swear she just came out of the factory. Sadly cant say the same for the exterior :( Old Alice who owned it previously hadnt the best maneuvering skills and there's a few scratches and dents on the bumpers and rear quarters.

Here's the reason I bought her though. 14200 miles on the clock! 2002. Was gobsmacked by the mileage and when I inquired about the car I was told I could have it for 450 euros! :-D

On top of that a FSH and two original keys and all manuals.

OP
OP
IrishK11
The first things Ive done to the car are all necessary maintenance after it been lying up for 2 years.

Oil Change,
Filters,
Plugs,
New Battery,
New brakes up front!
ZuXynaA.jpg

Wiper blades were rotten so replaced those,
Washer jets were blocked up so replaced those,
and the tyres were rotted to bits which is a shame casue the tread left on them was massive!

So basically I have the car in good running condition now! Got a few things left to do, namely flush the cooling system and change the brake fluid!

OP
OP
IrishK11
First two visual mods done! I replaced the old HU with an mp3/aux one from lidl haha! Lights up blue which is nice also comes with a bluetooth hansfree function but I have yet to run the wire for the microphone.

Then my friend kindly donated some blue T5's for the clocks:)

Y6rZzsg.jpg

Pretty happy with the outcome! The mileage display is quite bright though and its kinda hard to see the needles on the gauges but ill live with that!

OP
OP
IrishK11
Next on the list:

• Replace stock antenna for stubby one.
  • Wind deflectors
  • Yellow Tint the fogs and get some white leds for side lights, rear number plate, and interior lights
  • Maybe do something with the front grill??
  • Paint rocker cover.
  • Keeping my eye out for an almera/primera airbox too!
Any suggestions are welcome! Im keeping things small and simple at the moment as cash is tight but hopefully next year Ill think about a set of wheels and lowering springs. Cant lower it too much or wont get over the ramps in my estate :(

Nice! You got one with rpm meter on instrument panel. I bought mine for 60 euros :D just need to change it. Really hard to find at Finland

OP
OP
IrishK11
Ok so the replacement aerial arrived from ebay, not really sure if i like it tbh but it looks better than that rediculously long stick one!

Stock
u4EKx26.jpg

and the replacement, it came with blue, black, or red tips. I went with blue :D
rSLLPYa.jpg

and yes i know i need to clean that moss out of the sunroof! haha

OP
OP
IrishK11
Here's a pic of the difference between the cruddy old brakes and the new ones, the car had been sitting up and there was no saving those discs!
LIpC2

edit: image wont display for some reason :/ never mind posted the pic above haha! whoops...:oops:

OP
OP
IrishK11
They're genuine stamped Nismo off an import March:p anybody know where i can get replacement top mount bearings for them? or will my standard top mounts fit on these?

OP
OP
IrishK11
Bought it off a mate who was breaking an imported March so fraid I don't have any links but thanks ill certainly try the stock top mounts :)

Sent from my Crescent using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
IrishK11
Had a good day yesterday, managed to get the nismo shocks and springs fitted, the car is now sitting at a nice height and is so much stiffer thank god!

Before

pLKyPMx.jpg

After :)

PBFBNeG.jpg

Few more piccys :)

GHePtad.jpg

idZKnVs.jpg

And this is how she sits now.

oKjV3Ut.jpg

I know its nowhere near as low as some of the cars on here but it no longer has a foot of arch gap which is enough for me!

OP
OP
IrishK11
Also got my GA airbox fitted and managed to modify the almera snorkel to fit into the stock position which i wasnt expecting!

6nVNWl9.jpg
SxywYde.jpg

gives a much better induction noise than i was expecting, and certainly improves acceleration a little so for a freebie im definately happy!

OP
OP
IrishK11
Next on the list!

Fit the clear side repeaters i just recieved in the post.
Wind Deflectors.
Take out the front fogs and tint them yellow.
Possibly fly-eyes the front headlights im still trying to decide on that one...
Cannot wait for some good weather so i can give her a proper clean and go photo whoring somewhere!

OP
OP
IrishK11
How does one remove the top nut for the shock from the top mount? tried a swan neck and then a vice but it just span in the rubber bush and didnt loosen at all? Any sugestions? help needed!

frank

Club Member
How does one remove the top nut for the shock from the top mount? tried a swan neck and then a vice but it just span in the rubber bush and didnt loosen at all? Any sugestions? help needed!
impact gun ? or else clamp the shaft (under the bumpstop)

OP
OP
IrishK11
see the coils of the nismo spring are too close together at the top of the shaft so cant clamp it :( looks like im gonna have to pay someone to use an airgun and swap the top mounts for me?

Hi mate you couldn't tell us the battery model number. It looks like the same battery box as mine. Reason I'm asking is when I bought mine there was no battery in it.

OP
OP
IrishK11
Tinted the fogs this morning. Couldn't take them out so its not the best job but will redo with the fogs out when I get a chance!

esezybur.jpg

umuzy7ur.jpg

Sent from my Crescent using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
IrishK11
Ok so its update time a few small things done nothing too exciting....I have bought and installed some wind deflectors, finally got around to fitting my clear indicator lenses, installed the bluetooth mic for the lidl cd player I got a while ago at the top of the A-pillar, replaced my bright white fog bulbs back to the standard ones as makes the light much more yellow since ive tinted them.

I was also supposed to have a set of 1.3 camshafts to go in by now but the moron selling the engine online didnt check the block for the code and when I got there I was presented with a CG10 :mad: least I didnt have to travel too far.....I did get a few pieces of plastic trim for the interior for nothing tho which I got a bit creative with (see below) :D.

Wind Deflectors, Im very pleased with these!
TQZaPw2.jpg

Fitted the little breather filter seeing as i fitted the GA airbox...

hkupVae.jpg

It stands out so much in my filthy engine bay lol would love to steam clean it all and dress it up a little!
Clear side repeaters, now these were tricky! the bulb holders they came with werent a straight swap so had to do some fiddly soldering here...

x5WWv6b.jpg

worth all the effort and burnt fingers though because in my opinion they look ace :D

tjHMRnS.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
IrishK11
Im really liking the comic book cover paper, was a pain trying to get it as smooth as possible without ripping it! Am gonna find a spare centre dash panel and give that a go too soon!

Other things I have in mind,
  • Wheels!!!!
  • Paint those faded grey bumper inserts (really letting the car down in my opinion)
  • Paint the headlight inserts and possibly the chrome grills?
  • Paint the cam cover and clean up the engine bay a little...

Im really liking the comic book cover paper, was a pain trying to get it as smooth as possible without ripping it! Am gonna find a spare centre dash panel and give that a go too soon!

Other things I have in mind,
  • Wheels!!!!
  • Paint those faded grey bumper inserts (really letting the car down in my opinion)
  • Paint the headlight inserts and possibly the chrome grills?
  • Paint the cam cover and clean up the engine bay a little...

I did that with my speedo surround and center console but with old comics, love it :p did you coat the top of it with pva aswell ?

OP
OP
IrishK11
I did that with my speedo surround and center console but with old comics, love it :p did you coat the top of it with pva aswell ?
Yea I gave it two coats of PVA :) wanna do the centre dash panel too but have to find a second panel wanna be able to put it back to standard if needed

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Yea I gave it two coats of PVA :) wanna do the centre dash panel too but have to find a second panel wanna be able to put it back to standard if needed

I seee , will have to remember that i wasnt sure if it would be tough enough so used spray laquer :p yeah thats what i did incase i decided i didnt like it

OP
OP
IrishK11
Contemplated spray laquer but thought it might ruin the flimsy paper. Will see how the PVA hold up have plenty to redo it of needed:)