• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My new car :D

was a wee joke mate lightin up

I think u read Arnolds reply wrong Fraz, he didn't mean it in a way u read it!! Just simply stating y it wasn't clean lol. I've washed it now tho, will post a pic up!! :)

youz are very welcome Ems :D i'm glad you like them :D were they still working by the time you got home? didn't get pulled by the feds?

Yeah ta mate, they're still working now too :p

We passed a police car on the way back, lucky he didn't see us though!!

Attachments

• 8.DSC00805.JPG
    8.DSC00805.JPG
    314.1 KB · Views: 351
  • 25.DSC00804.JPG
    25.DSC00804.JPG
    286.7 KB · Views: 377
I think u read Arnolds reply wrong Fraz, he didn't mean it in a way u read it!! Just simply stating y it wasn't clean lol. I've washed it now tho, will post a pic up!! :)

nice :D its all going acording to plan muhahaha

well i have a modded rear wiper ready for the trailer but if you want it ;)

Looks so much nicer now its washed! & yeah, im sure she'd be interested in taking that off your hands :)

jus wondering i red to fit the rear lights sum where u need to modify the buld holders is this true if so what do u need to do cheers

Yes you do. We got some Bluebird turbo light clusters from a scrappy, but you could also use the K10 ones aswell.

Remove the bulbs & wiring and cut out the plastic sheet in which the bulb holders twist into to lock in place. You need to cut each one out so they're seperate and glue them to the back of the new cluster. This locks the bulb firmly in place with no chance of falling out.

The k10/bluebird lights use actual wires, so just use these to tap into the existing wiring and job done!

Nex did the above for us, and did a fantastic job

It depends what model micra you have, some will fit straight on and some will need modding. Mine did, and Nex kindly did them for me :). You'll def need to change the bulbs for coloured ones. Ask Nex, he's the south pro!! Not sure if anyone else knows though.

Well as some of you have guessed i have tinted windows now :)

I have more mods in store and am currently awaiting a new wiper motor for the back. I have also decided i'm going to get a blistein suspension kit and not just the springs so i'm going to start saving for that! I have also covered the door cards as i hated the original interior, as a lot of you know from my previous posts!

I'm also thinking of tinkering with the engine. But atm i am finding out all options available and if they're worth it!

Watch this space :) Did i say i wasn't going to mod this car :glance:

Attachments

• ems donny.jpg
    ems donny.jpg
    448.3 KB · Views: 390
your not going to put a wiper motor that sits flat on are you? if you do it will ruin the whole look its got at the moment

i think a spoiler that sticks out a bit more would go better aswell, not a super s one but one that the lip sticks out more

Looking great babe.

The flat wiper will look so much better! Seen it on Nex's and looks excellent, and suits the fact the spoiler, plate lights etc all run horizontally, besides, it's what the lady wants! let her mod it how she likes

I would suggest if you're going to use a horizontal wiper, use one off a final facelift K11, as they have a nice swooshy rear wiper, and it has a cover over it, which you could even spray yellow if you wanted! :)

Cheers for the comments people!! And Squarepants your not having it :p

Fordy, yeah i am putting a horizontal one on. Tbh i think it looks poop as it is. Nissan obv thought so too coz they didn't stay like it for long!! Nex already has the motor, it's just a question of if he can find it!!

Oooh, and for people who have painted their rocker covers, how much did you pay for one from the scrappy? Just that i've had a few quotes from breakers yards at around 30 quid!?!

Hmm, well the cheapest was 30 which included 10 squid postage so not bad then. Maybe i'll ask them for a pic to make sure it looks ok!!

Yeah, getting it delivered is expensive, plus no doubt they will have included the price for them to get off their arses and get it off the the car for you. You may aswell spend the money you are saving on petrol and have a nice drive down there, rocker cover is simplest thing in the world to get off. Worst thing that could happen is you get your hands dirty, but you get more of a sense of acheivment I guess if you do all the work yourself :) Have you got a new rocker gasket yet?

I'm off to the scrappy now actually...bored of doing work, gonna try and find a rear rubbing strip and clip to fix my door locks.

Lol, i'm not a girly girl. I do most of the work to my car!! And i'm def not afraid to get my hands dirty.

I don't have a new rocker cover gasket yet, but can prob get one fairly easily. Got a CR Marks 200 odd yards down the road too so i should be ok!!

Right, as i posted in the other thread, Arnold & I went to Bridges and picked up some vented brake calipers and plastic rocker cover from a March. I've painted that up and fitted it today!

Before

4.Silver_rocker.jpg

After

5.Yellow_rocker.jpg

Although the rocker covers are the same size, the gasket is slightly different! Didn't cause too many problems though.

plastic rocker?....

i need one of those, anyone who was at the donny show will understand why i need one that the paint will stick to..

yeah it's plastic. Can't say there was that much weight difference really though. But it looks better! :)

Next up - March calipers and Brembo vented disks with some pads!! Not sure what to go for yet! Any ideas?

so are the march calipers the same as the n14/15 sunny ones? get some ebc green stuff pads, red stuff pads are pap until there warmmed up :p

Cheers :) It's coming along nicely now!

Squarepants, i've heard that the greenstuff pads are poop and create too much dust?!!

Thanks :) I'm going to check it when i get home after work and make sure it's not leaking anywhere! It sounds happy though so i'm sure it's ok :)

Thanks :) I'm going to check it when i get home after work and make sure it's not leaking anywhere! It sounds happy though so i'm sure it's ok :)

I think if it wasnt sealed tight, your car wouldnt be running too well right now! It sounded fine yesterday when we left it ticking over.

it was actually running really well this morning. Felt more responsive for some bizarre reason! Maybe it's because i put petrol in it lol!!

Did the March in Bridges still have it's headlights, I could do with a driver's side one.

How big are the actual disks, I rmember ages ago, Beachboy got some vented ones off an early March, but they were apparently the same ones as the K10?

Go for the horizontal wiper :p

Did the March in Bridges still have it's headlights, I could do with a driver's side one.

The car was in a front ender so not sure what condition they are in. I believe they're both there though.

craig said:
How big are the actual disks, I rmember ages ago, Beachboy got some vented ones off an early March, but they were apparently the same ones as the K10?

Correct. I have March K11 calipers and vented disks on my K10. Couldnt tell you how big they are though without looking.

craig said:
Go for the horizontal wiper :p

She was going to but Nex couldnt find one was going to sell her! Hopefully it'l turn up soon :)

Bah, can't you just modify the spindle on the current one?

Also, have you seen many of the 'Renault' K11s in there? I've been looking for a 1.4 for a while, but nowhere seems to have any, guess people aren't crashing them...

Well, i was sure i posted up pic's of my covered door cards, but i can't seem to see it and so i'll post them up now. I no longer hate the interior of my car lol. And have some black seat covers for the seats. I'm thinking of getting them either re-trimmed or buying a set that are actually made for these seats, but i'm not sure yet.

Attachments

• DSC00130.JPG
    DSC00130.JPG
    257 KB · Views: 318
  • DSC00131.JPG
    DSC00131.JPG
    225.2 KB · Views: 320
I'll have more updates next week, as i'm picking up yet more goodies at the weekend. All the other stuff i have bought recently will have to wait till my piggy bank is a bit bigger, because i will be sending it to Barwell :D

I should also have my new springs tomorrow :)

I have also done the horizontal wiper conversion, but i don't have a pic as my phone hates my PC! :(

Just normal black cloth! It's not thin either, so will last a while :) I accidently bought too much when i got it for my old Datsun, and had plenty left for the k11!

And to be on the safe side with the cars value, the original trim is underneath :)

sorry to gate crash the thread

ems your car is looking mint! that black and yellow works really well :D

i can do you a new modded wiper if you want too,

as for 1.4 engines i may have one for sale, but still in two minds

and i have two plastic rocker covers, but both cracked by the idiots that removed the engines from the engine bays....

New modded wiper?!!!! I have one already if you mean the back one!! Just having problems uploading the pics from my bloopin phone!

But yeah i do like the bumble bee look!! Lol. I'm thinking of getting the seats re-trimmed in black and yellow :D

Back