• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My new car :D

lol!! :p

I can't fit my strut brace as there is a part, which Arnold thinks is the A/C, in the way :down:

The left hand side right next to the suspension fitting :(
DSCF0066(m).JPG

lol!! :p

I can't fit my strut brace as there is a part, which Arnold thinks is the A/C, in the way :down:

The left hand side right next to the suspension fitting :(
DSCF0066(m).JPG

i don't like the sound of that. just out of intrest wait strut brace do you have.

It's either that or power steering related so im not sure. We could cut a small section of the brace out and it would fit fine, but might make the brace slightly weaker. We could also take off that suspect part and move it out the way while fitting the brace, then stick it back on.

Cant remember which brace it is though. Looked like a nice one

Is anyone going to tell me if this is A/C or what lol? And i'd rather not hack my brace up. It's a King Dragon Racing strut brace for whoever asked!!

I really do need to go and buy a Haynes!!

Is anyone going to tell me if this is A/C or what lol? And i'd rather not hack my brace up. It's a King Dragon Racing strut brace for whoever asked!!

I really do need to go and buy a Haynes!!

well i think its the power steering pump...

right i'll be checking my sparco brace fit's tomorrow/ weather premitting. cause i belive my engine bay is pretty much similar to yours ems.

The gauge is a fuel pressure gauge

And i haven't taken the pipes out yet as the old owner left them in for some reason!!

[strike]Yes that is almost certainly aircon, the Primeras have them in the same place[/strike]
Ignore that, on second head-scratching it's almost certainly PAS

ems, that looks like the same 1 ive got in my micra but uve got extra bits in ur engine bay than i have as mine fits with no problems at all

looks like ur air con or power steering pipes and pumps are in the way (left suspetion mount) where mine doesnt have that

well be me haven't got round to it yet. but looking at it mine might fit as the bar goes across nearest the firewall. will let you know when i fit it.

the part in the drivers corner isnt the power steering pump lol, its to do with the pas system tho basically a pressure switch

You could take a fraction off the circular bracket & off the main bar and it would fit fine. As for making the bar weaker, it'l still be more effective than not having one besides, you need other mods & driving style for it to be more effective so cosmetically, it'l look better than not being there.

tried my sparco strut brace. and please take all razor knives and sisscors away from me. cause it doesn't fit. was going to fit a few other suspensino parts today but due to brother say yes and then going out for the day it didn't happen. doe's anyone know anywere good to get one made up. cause it wont even fit on my mums si. also doe's anyone have any pics of the whitline front strut.

Raceworx had the omp strut brace fitted to his car (facelift with pas), so maybe sell strut brace and buy an omp one. just an idea! lol
or try undoing the bracket and bending the whole lot down a bit, being careful not to crease the metal pipe. then find a way to secure it lower down.

Thanks to Nex, One of Ems's birthday presents has now been fitted! I think they look superb. Fitted with LED bulbs too :)

4.DSC02598.jpg

9.DSC02599.jpg

Unbold the 3 bolts that hold the lights in place, then pull! They're heavily stuck on with this weird black stuff. You may need to use a screwdriver to prise the original lights off.

Why not turn the strut brace round 180 degress and drill new holes for it instead of trying 2 bend it and cut bits out of it.

Yeah not a bad suggestion that, and Fraz, we'd just driven 60 miles. They were taken once fitted in a park carpark! No hoses, buckets or sponges nearby! She's fully aware it needs a wash though!!

Lol, yeah i am, might do it later if i can b bothered. Wanted to do it b4 we got the lights fitted but we didn't have time. Oh and Arnold, i suggested turning the strut round and u said no :(

Thanks again Nex :D

youz are very welcome Ems :D i'm glad you like them :D were they still working by the time you got home? didn't get pulled by the feds?

Back