• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My "moddedmicra" K11 Super S Blog!

It Sounds Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it sounds different from the janspeed, it sounds more grunty like a rally car, it spits and pops really nicely, got a more raspy sound than a bassy one

Nex that sounds kinda cool...deffo need a sound or vid clip now though :D

modded you'll just have to get used to coasting / using 5th when driving past coppers :laugh:

Yep already had to do the coasting past coppers one :p 5th is still too loud but its fairly quiet at idle.

Just got back from Matt Humpries anyways (top bloke (Y)) he showed me round, what an awesome place!
Speedlines1.jpg

Speedlines2.jpg

Anyway, tyres tomorrow, can't wait :love:

no fair you've got your new wheels lol...still waiting on mine turning up :( got till 6pm today, so will see if they arrive or not.

The exhaust sounds nice, can deffo tell the difference between your two exhaust vids :D and yeah can hardly hear it on idle...though from experience it'll be louder than the vid will be. :)

yer it is louder than the vid but the idle sounds pretty much the same as when it just had the cat back. I love the noise though, sounds similar to the rally car Matt showed me today :D

only downside is people will think your booting it, when your only tootling along :laugh: but pah, after all loud exhausts save lives...never once had anyone step out in front of me cos the didnt hear my coming ;)

was just about to ask if youd had them done yet, but i guess thats not needed now :D

looking good man (Y) deffo suit the car...

tempted to save for spax coilovers but will probably go with the 50mm lowering and blisten shocks. And he showed me some very interesting stuff, he's a top bloke (Y)

a 50mm drop will make a very noticable difference (i was amazed at the difference my 35mm drops made)...coilovers will allow extra tinkering, but ive set mine to about a 70mm drop and never really touched them since...so depends what you reckon you'll be looking for or if you need the adjustability. :)

and yeah hes always been very helpful when ive been buying / asking about stuff before.

what coilys are you using? My only reservation on the spax coilovers is that matt said that you shouldnt really carry people/lots of stuff in the back.

those wheels are looking mint :D looks lower too,

get the spax, thats what i have, you can come and look at them if you like and see what you think

i think that also you should smooth it a bit more. loose the locks, rear wiper, badges and side repeaters,

Im running D2's...setup very stiff :eek: (only bit of give is currently in the tyres :D)

Take matts advice, its a good excuse to remove the rear seats lol...(something im still trying to decide if to do or not)

get the spax, thats what i have, you can come and look at them if you like and see what you think

I will sometime ;)

i think that also you should smooth it a bit more. loose the locks, rear wiper, badges and side repeaters,

have some patience :p That will all happen a bit closer to re-spray time!

Take matts advice, its a good excuse to remove the rear seats lol...(something im still trying to decide if to do or not)

I have already decided I probably will as the only people i used to give lifts to have passed their test now. Will do a false floor like NeX has in one of his cars, if he helps me ;) pretty please :p

I will sometime ;)

have some patience :p That will all happen a bit closer to re-spray time!

I have already decided I probably will as the only people i used to give lifts to have passed their test now. Will do a false floor like NeX has in one of his cars, if he helps me ;) pretty please :p

lol sure i will help you, i made a few mistakes when i made mine so we can work those ones out :D and make a guide too because i forgot to do that >>

wheels look awesome mate!
What size tyres did you end up with?

they're 185/55/14 Toyo Proxes CF1s Wanted enough profile to cushion potholes if i ever hit any again :doh:

So how did you remove the glass from the headunits? Heated it up?

Yer stick it in oven for a while then just prise it away.

lol sure i will help you, i made a few mistakes when i made mine so we can work those ones out :D and make a guide too because i forgot to do that >>

Sounds good mate (Y)

Brand spanking new alloys and a lovely sounding exhaust, Jealous or what. (Y) :cool: Alloys really suit the car as well, top banana!

Someone must have a job to afford having fuel costs, all these mods so quickly, an alright car, insurance, repairs / maintenance, and above all.. a girlfriend.

I'm on good wages and I'm struggling like mad! :(

Jealous of that backbox mate. Nice car so far.

Someone must have a job to afford having fuel costs, all these mods so quickly, an alright car, insurance, repairs / maintenance, and above all.. a girlfriend.

I'm on good wages and I'm struggling like mad! :(

Jealous of that backbox mate. Nice car so far.

I only work at Co-op at the moment, but I do 10 hours cleaning a week (7am to 9am) then 31-39 hours as a Supervisor meaning I finish at about 10pm! Bit of a killer but I deffo work for my nice car :D And spend most of my money on it!

I have been very lucky with my girlfriend as she is far from "high maintainance" and regularly offers to pay for things.

Just taken out the rear seats:
Strippedout1.jpg

Strippedout2.jpg

Will be making a false floor soonish for the sub to sit on and to tidy it up.

modded heres my bros old car with the Janspeed on (not the best but kinda gives you a Janspeed rasp) : CLICKY

sound anything roughly like that?

Just listened to this and it deffo sounds different. theres no rasp low down and at higher revs its a bit of a deeper rasp.

I'm lucky enough to have a low maint. g/f too, although I just spend my money on so much turd.. plus my car is drinking fuel right now, I'm getting no more than 150 - 200 miles to a tank.. if that really.

Back