• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My "moddedmicra" K10!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered where you were going with that induction kit. What'd it cost you in total? (time/money?)

umm £20 for the silicon bend and rubber adaptor. £14 for the pipe. £10 second hand HKS filter. not too bad really and has made a nice bit of difference. and took me a couple of hours at college.

moddedmicra

the induction mod,s looking good (Y) , you wont better that for cold air feed in warm weather, but i bet the carb would ice up in the winter tho
how about a funnel behind the filter, for ram air boost ;)

Cheers frank. Yer I would probably take it off the down pipe in the winter and put the filter above the exhaust manifold.

Painted the induction kit and spare rocker cover yesterday:
Stripped rocker cover.jpg
In prog painting.jpg
520803491a7635580592l.jpg

520803491a7635617334l.jpg

And wired up my front LEDs :D:
520803491a7635580730l.jpg

you do know the heat off the exhaust manifold is going to rise and heat up the intake pipe? tbh dont think it will affect the cold air to the engine...if it was plastic, or cold air feed rubber pipe it probs would...looks cool!

whats the paint called?

The paint is Hycote VHT Red. Its made quite a bit off difference so to be honest i dont think its warming it that much!

And wired up my front LEDs :D:
520803491a7635580730l.jpg
I've always been told that having any blue light on the front of your vehicle is against the law. After researching I found it's legal to have a non-moving and non-red LEDs mounted on the front of your car.

Looks quite good, but I'd personally wire in a switch and have a set of nightrider LED's in the grill. Just for show. ;)

They are wired on a switch just incase the cops feel like having an arguement with me about them!

They are wired on a switch just incase the cops feel like having an arguement with me about them!
Get a TPTT switch and wire in 3 modes. On, Off and Chase! I believe maplin has an LED chase kit for around £7, could be possible to cannibalize it and go give that a shot. It'd be pretty cool to see the LEDs scroll inwards.

Tempting but i cant really be bothered :p And scrolling/flashing leds are highly illegal on roads casue its inpersonating police vehicle!

well i was going to do it today but the bloody rain just keeps on grr

Just finally fitted my self machined gearknob :D :
520803491a7641629388l.jpg

Sprayed the top of the grille and did the headlights, will do the bonnet when the weather is more predictable!
520803491a7650317916l.jpg

cheers, just in the middle of painting the bonnet black but running out of time before work :doh:

Are you using cans to spray it?
My attempt came out looking matt rather than gloss.. Any tips?!

1 tip get enough spray paint. need to do mine again sometime cause i ran out of time and paint!

520803491a7651750633l.jpg

its done anyway just a bit dodgy in places!

wow! lots happening here mate lol ;)
still looking good!
front looks very impressive!
naps

cheers. I enjoyed making that knob ;)

Just washed her :D Bonnet definetly needs more attention but I'm not that bothered for the minute!
520803491a7660077163l.jpg

520803491a7660077227l.jpg

Yer at the moment it is! But now I think I've run out of things to do for a while! Apart from take more pics :p

nope. Standard Datsun ones

UPDATE! : My rear wiper had started self returning again fwn

nah I'm okay ta ;) Don't think it would suit my car and don't want to try it on the only set of rear lights i have!

must admit mate your car is starting to look really good, giving me a few ideas for my car.

its a big thumps up for your car for me mate

Modded, (and anyone else for that matter) i have some rare Datsun Indicator lenses for the front. They go on where the side lights are. if you want them make me an offer (around a fiver should do it lol)

Modded, (and anyone else for that matter) i have some rare Datsun Indicator lenses for the front. They go on where the side lights are. if you want them make me an offer (around a fiver should do it lol)

dibs!!! memememe

hey man can I get those datsun indicators off you? sent you a pm as well - have the cash:)

nah I'm okay ta ;) Don't think it would suit my car and don't want to try it on the only set of rear lights i have!

If you wanted to try it, i have a set of rear datsun lights like yours, can have them for £20? Can bring to santa pod.

And the car is coming along nicely mate! Alot of progress since i saw it few months ago! Keep up the good work chap:grinning:

Not sure if i'm coming to santa pod atm cause of work and college, but i may have those lights off u money depedant.

Rear seats and door cards fitted, with retractable seatbelts as the prefacelift come with static ones :p
520803491a7694932396l.jpg

And a pics of how she stands now:
520803491a7694932488l.jpg

Not sure if i'm coming to santa pod atm cause of work and college, but i may have those lights off u money depedant.

Yeah not a problem mate, they just sitting in my room atm gathering dust. Would be a shame if your not there but these things happen bud

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back