• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Modded Micra S Blog! - Help Needed

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
Hi,

I bought this K11 Micra S in a Maroon sort of colour and hated it. Not the car, the paint job. I originally planned to paint it myself, got about half way and realised it was going to be a complete fail and so stopped. I am slowly but surely modifying my Micra S, mainly just the exterior. I bought a body kit, which I haven't received yet but it will look like the picture below soon. I need help because I want advice on what do and what I should put on it. I really want a spoiler, and I have asked 'AMY' and 'Solarice' if they can import me one from Japan. I help on what to do, comment, opinions and anything else that you would like to say about the project.

Oh, and one last thing, at the end of doing this, my Micra is going in for a full respray, quite a cheap one hopefully. So don't write comments about the painted work looks sh*t at the moment, because I know it does. I also want help about what colour I am going to get it painted at the very end.

Hope all of you can help with some sort of input. Thanks, Will Halligan.

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
So lets get started...........

Here is my Subaru hood scoop that I put on and I am filling the outside with body filler and the moment and sanding it down:

willhalligan

willhalligan

willhalligan

And here are a few pictures of my car so far:

willhalligan

willhalligan

willhalligan

willhalligan

willhalligan

willhalligan

This is the paint job that I want on it in the end:

imgres

And these are the wheels that I will buy and put on (in white), I think they go nice with the paint work:

index.pl

Here I am taking off the side strips and I will sand that down all ready for a final paint job some time:

willhalligan

willhalligan

I have de-badged the car and later I will put stickers on it, and here I have started taking the rear wiper off:

willhalligan

willhalligan

willhalligan

willhalligan

I need help with this because I have got this far and I don't know how to full take off the rear wiper from here. Can anyone help?

Please also express your views and comments about this project, because I will really appreciate it. Thanks.

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Just giving a helping hand, n ot in order but you get the Jist.

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00076.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00071.jpg

DSC00070.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

Whalligan, car is coming along nicely, on the photobucket site just highlight and copy the Direct Link then on MSC click on Insert Image and paste the link there.

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
PS I think there is a metal panel on the inside of the boot which is held on my about 10 plastic screw things (Pain in the bum these things) but do wreck the wiper motor as I would believe some people on here would be interested in buying it as the wiper itself sits horizontal normally which some MSC members would prefer as some K11's the wiper is vertical.

Your spray painting looks good from the pictures, loving the temporary garage.

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
could you send me a picture of you rear wiper motor that sits horizontal? Mine can not be moded. I haven't bought new one yet and if you want to sell it I believe we can make a deal...:laugh:

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
once you remove the metal panel with PIA plastic screws, you'd see the wiper motor mounted with 3 bolts. Unscrew them and simply pull the motor. That's it. Just tell me what model is.
this:
p1080774.jpg

or this:
24072010.jpg

Thanks

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
Cheers...sorry about the images, didnt really know what i was doing. I will go and take that off now and send you a picture on this blog off what it looks like..

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
I quite like the hood scoop, but does it feed your air filter?

I wanted to raise the standard air filter so I could remove the top and the filter rests beneath the bonnet.

C0llis0n

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Looks ok, not a fan of bonnet scoops myself, each to their own though.

Why did you sand where the stickers were?

OP
OP
will_halligan

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
Looks ok, not a fan of bonnet scoops myself, each to their own though.

Why did you sand where the stickers were?

Because i was de-badging it. I cant afford an earasor so i sanded it off. Im gunna put body filler in the front two little holes and at the very end it is going in for one massive paint job. Not sure what colour though.