My micra - the will not use offensive words on the MSC

From Ireland and recently purchased a micra 2000 1.0 gx, 65k on the clock, running like clockwork. I have fitted 14" Bbs rs, new stereo (patchy job) and various other bits including an induction kit off my mates old micra. Seems to be in need of a clutch, unsure if buying a used one is smart in order to save a few quid, its called the <will not use offensive words on the MSC> for a reason :D have been advised to go for luk clutch kit....

From Ireland and recently purchased a micra 2000 1.0 gx, 65k on the clock, running like clockwork. I have fitted 14" Bbs rs, new stereo (patchy job) and various other bits including an induction kit off my mates old micra. Seems to be in need of a clutch, unsure if buying a used one is smart in order to save a few quid, its called the <will not use offensive words on the MSC> for a reason :D have been advised to go for luk clutch kit....
+1 on LuK

No problems and good value.

Though my release bearing wasn't very good and Joes also wasn't very good.

Check out Exedy clutches :)

Attachments

• 1394573266200.jpg
    1394573266200.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 375
  • 1394573337309.jpg
    1394573337309.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 370
Like the wheels I'm after something similar myself. I lowered mine a month or so ago looks miles better. Where'd ya get the alloys if ya don't mind me asking?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I got a set of 40mm nismo springs off a mate. He had them in his jap import front nismo shocks too but the top mount bushes are shot to pieces. Have the stock ones just don't have the tools to fit them :( would be concerned that my arches would rub tho on your wheels, look like they poke a little at the front?

Yeah i might go for 30 mil and put spacers on... the front ones do seem to sit a bit wider for some reason but it suits me fine cos my rear shocks are gone dirt

Front wheel track is wider than the rear that's why ;) had a look on red power seen 15's no 14's :-( dunno if I can afford 500 + tyres either :( will have to keep my eye out for a used set.

That makes too much sense haha yeah they are expensive yokes mine ended up at 630 with decent tyres... my mate has 13" superlites on his, they were about the same :/

Meant t ask what part of wicklow you in? Im by Marlay park so only a 40 min spin away from wicklow town itself, think ill hold off on the wheels for now, just bought a new set of tyres back in november so unless i can get something they swap onto would have to be 14x6.

Im from the town itself, we're starting to have a bit of a car scene down here again and a few meets, iv got nothing but good responses from the people who know cars but its just the lottle civic fanboys who give hassle haha ah yeh youd be best off then, could always keep them up as winter wheels or keep tidy for the nct.... iv still got my steelies with good depth left in the tyres out in the shed for when the test comes around

Im from the town itself, we're starting to have a bit of a car scene down here again and a few meets, iv got nothing but good responses from the people who know cars but its just the lottle civic fanboys who give hassle haha ah yeh youd be best off then, could always keep them up as winter wheels or keep tidy for the nct.... iv still got my steelies with good depth left in the tyres out in the shed for when the test comes around
Nowt wrong with Civic lads ;)
Car looks great, love the wheels. Needs overfenders IMO.

Ah no dont get me wrong, I love a clean civic, just dont like the owners in general haha thanks, yeah she needs more low and wide
Yeah, you're right. Too many chavs. Shame the cars go to waste :(
Low, Wide, Fast and loud. <3

Yeah, you're right. Too many chavs. Shame the cars go to waste :(
Low, Wide, Fast and loud. <3
Exactly, but to be fair I have a friend with an eg3 and she is decent and is a real car enthusiast, theres hope for them yet! Well iv got the loud... and fast enough for a 1 litre i guess.... ha

Id love a CRX or a Del Sol, but EK9's are just perrrfffecttt.

'Sent from my bed using paper planes'

Ok Micra related question. Wanna gauge opinions. Should I get flyeyes tint for my headlights or open them up and paint the insides.

It also helps if the inside is completely dry before bonding it all back together too. A hair dryer or heatgun helped with my foglights after taking the backs out to clean them.

car is looking well Dunnck11 bbs look realy nice and with some lows would look even more better gonna head up to this dublin meets event on the 30th if you are around give us pm would not mind seeing that micra in the flesh.

Thanks john95, yeah i will be there aswell depending on how i have her looking she could be on a club stand but that will take some money haha 40 mil springs, a bit of panel beating and possibly military green plasti dip all round, thats the plan

Yea man hope you all done for it im in the same boat all go for me to for this have test on 25th so only 5 days after it to fit springs and buy and fit exhaust plus buy 15mm spacers and paint the boot properly.
and a tone of other bits and pieces. but we will get there... somehow haha

Yea man hope you all done for it im in the same boat all go for me to for this have test on 25th so only 5 days after it to fit springs and buy and fit exhaust plus buy 15mm spacers and paint the boot properly.
and a tone of other bits and pieces. but we will get there... somehow haha
Haha best of luck with thee test, and hope we have all the jobs done

looks well man wish mine was as clean as your's and not with a 1000 little dents is she lowered yet wanna see pics
Thanks, ah its not all as rosey as it seems :/ had her jacked up the other day and exposed a little bit of a patch up on the rusty sill, had to drop it down before the jacj did any more damage :/ no low yet, the rust put a stop to that :/

The same with mine man bricking it when its on a lift haha, but she holds up hoping to get the springs in sunday to but new problem is stance and spacers to make it look right.

Back