• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

my micra, the phoenix

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
going in to nissan tomorrow to have the steering sorted out went to take one of the wheels off to fit the arches on and i`ve somehow lost the locking wheel bolt the other three are still there anyone know if i can just buy one or if it`s gonna be a new set :(

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
I think it's going to be a new set if you ask me.

Suprised that selftappers won't work I used them to put my undercar kit on.

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
I think it's going to be a new set if you ask me.

Suprised that selftappers won't work I used them to put my undercar kit on.

yeah i`m taking it to have the steering sorted tomorrow anyway so i`ll just get a new set then

i think it might just be that i`m using cheap selftappers matey i`ll have another look at it when i get a warm day lol

they will be on soon i promise i have pleanty of double sided tape and no nails lol

jim_bling

Ex. Club Member
i have the sport kit for your micra for sale ya know mate so the arches will meet with the side lips on the front so it wont look that odd have 4 lip bits sideskirts and about 6-8 arches

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
i have the sport kit for your micra for sale ya know mate so the arches will meet with the side lips on the front so it wont look that odd have 4 lip bits sideskirts and about 6-8 arches

custom doing the sideskirts higher up matey and following it down to the bottom of the bumpers but thanks for the offer hopefully not be using it daily soon if i can work a couple of things out ;)

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
Car is currently in nissan having diagnostics run on it to sort out the steering pick it up at 3 ish hopefully be covered under warrenty then can start on the fun bits again like fitting the arches and the other front bumper then lowering it :) but if i have to pay for the repair i might just get rid feel the need for more power !!!

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
ok so little update the diagnostic says the power steering motor has gone so i am currently waiting for the warranty assesor to come out an decide wether there going to pay for it :( no car till they`ve arrived

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
ok so little update the diagnostic says the power steering motor has gone so i am currently waiting for the warranty assesor to come out an decide wether there going to pay for it :( no car till they`ve arrived
that sucks well i hope they cover it for you! my friends punto yes punto lol went and he paid over £400!

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
:( not looking good people waranty assesor been out today and declined the claim due to having larger wheels fitted gotta ring them up and fight my case with them grrr

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
well rather strange update here picked the beast up from nissan today after not being able to get the warranty company to change their mind and it`s fixed itself lol no PS light on and steering back how it used to be before the problem any idea`s ?
oh well back to the modding on sunday then :)

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
yeah very intresting but could lead to futher problems so i`m thinking of putting back to standard and getting rid although i`d love to see it finished that would probably take me a couple of years and after four years and all the problems it`s gave me i can see this as a sign to move on i`m getting the money i would need to change in july so i`m 75 % certain i`ll swap please no vulture posts but if you are genuinely intrested in any of the mods then pm me as this will make the decision easier

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
at the moment anythings possible i like to think of this as the clubs leading k12 the light has come back on so it`s gonna cost me £600 to fix it before i get rid surely it owes me a bit more after that so i`m refurbing the standard wheels the momo`s although very nice have had a rough winter and dont take kindly to any objuects in the road ie a little stone can clip them and ruin the rim they will be refurbed but only for show use :) the rest of it well wait and see :)

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
well sometimes ideas dreamed up in the pub work well got the standard wheels out today and started to refurb them looks good me thinks still some work to do though

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
Well the new column is ordered that will be on by mid next week an i`ll be back near where i want to be with the car got engaged on friday and future wife wants some proper door handels on the inside soo i`m on the lookout for some doorcards in the near future then i think the lowering springs can go on :)

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Well the new column is ordered that will be on by mid next week an i`ll be back near where i want to be with the car got engaged on friday and future wife wants some proper door handels on the inside soo i`m on the lookout for some doorcards in the near future then i think the lowering springs can go on :)
|CONGRATULATIONS!!| and good news about the engagement! :p

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Congratulations on the engagement, Hmmm it's been three months since any updates sounds like you could be married already, lol. I get on MSC 3 times a week at home.

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
lol i get on msc most days it`s time to do anything to the car that i`m short on plus up until last month was using it every day so couldn`t get any big jobs done
quick update is door cards are nearly back in as some of you may remember i replaced them with mdf ones covered in blue leather however i grew out of this
back on standard alloys however colour coded to the colour of the car
this weekend should see the jdm bumper ready for spraying
the mirrors are all sprayed up in matt black just need to find the screws to get them back together and on
rear arches will have to be tigersealed etc on once sprayed body colour
rear bumper needs a respray and new numberplate lights
front arches need spraying
and i need some diffrent side skirts
should have bodywork sorted by end of summer
will get pics at some point this weekend

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
bit of a sad update went on holiday last week and must`ve hit a bump wrong and have mashed one of the mounts on the carcept rear bumper it can and will be repaired however it was in for MOT first thing friday morning and i didn`t get back til late on thursday so i did all i could took it in an unexpected FAIL :( two items 1. rear bumper needs securing properly 2. rear fog light wrong colour :( luckily i get on quite well with the garage my car goes to and there not charging me for a retest what came from a quick chat with the manager was too put the standard rear lights back in and stick a couple of self tapping screws inside the arches to hold the bumper on got back home fetched out the standard rear lenses and set to work repairing the rear bumper all was well with a couple of extra screws until i went out on saturday having only moved the car off the drive then back on again and the passenger side was blowing in the wind about 2 inch from the side of the car took it off for a better look and all 4 mounting points on the passenger side had broken :( so in a drastic move to get it back on the road i`ve fitted the standard rear bumper back on result it`s now secure :D so now the only mods the car has is the exhaust under standard rear bumper k&n panel filter window tints and refurbed standard alloys and i love it might just repair the standard rear bumper an run it like this anyone want the carcept rear that can pick it up let me know it`s going cheap !!!!!!

Nans_Micra

Ex. Club Member
Must have been pretty pee'd off after all the hard work you've put in. How does the dual exhaust sit now with the standard bumper?
Picture?:grinning:
I'll be getting my exhaust done soon; fancy a single oval shaped one, just peeking out a bit.

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
it needed a respray anyway as the colour wasn`t quite right and there were little chips out of it so i`m not that bothered really
it actually looks awesome with the dual exit makes me wanna put the big wheels back on and lower it make it like a beach buggy
exhaust is down to personal taste a lot i like how mine is now more than with the other bumper it`s how i originally wanted it might change to some smaller tips in the future
will go out and get pics in a min :)

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
pics :)

Attachments

• beach buggy 002.JPG
    beach buggy 002.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 547
  • beach buggy 003.JPG
    beach buggy 003.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 497
  • beach buggy 004.JPG
    beach buggy 004.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 492
  • beach buggy 005.JPG
    beach buggy 005.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 501

Nans_Micra

Ex. Club Member
Wow, the dual tips look beastly with the standard bumper! I like what you've done to the wheels, I painted my plastic wheels gold for a laugh a few weeks ago because my mate got some vinyl covered alloys on his polo.:laugh: He's got a picture of us parked next to each other, I'll see if I can get it off him. Some original micra alloys are on my shopping list too, always checking ebay but I just never come across any that are a decent price and are a close enough distance to pick up:down: Hopefully get some by the end of summer, will be going up and down to Dundee quite a bit.

Nans_Micra

Ex. Club Member
If you want to make it look like a beach buggy you could get the standard wheels widened, I don't remember what you call the process of doing it, but saw it being mentioned in fast car a while ago. With stretched tyres and coilovers...*dribble*

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
didn`t know how well it would work with the exhaust but now it`s an excuse to slam it more :D
wheels are a very quick job once the bumpers repaired then they are going matt black
i`ve actually seen some of the standard 15`s done in matt black and that looked really good
road trips are great fun if it`s a long distance though make sure you keep the silencer in the exhaust after an hour of same speed on the motorway drone from mine with no silencer in no matter how loud you put the stereo it`s annoying :)
also thinking of a black vynil roof any thoughts ?

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
ive got some skirts for sale if interested?

get us a pic up mate an i`ll see if there what i`m after am currently looking for some deeper sideskirts i`ve found some but there for a corsa so might take some work to make fit

in other news managed to get a day working on the car today so look what i`ve been upto :)

Attachments

• a weekends work 002.JPG
    a weekends work 002.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 608
OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
needs a bit more work before painting and the splitter won`t be going on that bumper as it makes it too low so gonna have a rethink on that front :( need to get paint ordered tomorrow though :)

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
don`t you just hate it when it rains overnight whilst your waiting for something to dry
short story bumper is back in two pieces the glue turned to blutac when the rain got on it so i`ve gotta come up with a better idea thats not re skinning the whole bumper an making a fibreglass replica which is my current best idea :(

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
I know what you mean, you book a day off just for it to end raining, I usually just play xbox instead, lol.

I hope you get it sorted soon matey, if you've got some tar-pauling or plastic sheeting you could drape over while it dries or use a gazebo with half the legs on.

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
i may have sorted it with the help of a glue gun bit of a bodge i know but will fibreglass both sides when i get a dry day to reinforce it only problem is i need the car tomorrow to get to work as that bumper has no numberplate and no indicators so i`m gonna have to swap back after simpsons i just hope it`s strong enough to not fall apart this time :)

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
by george it worked well kinda the top section is pretty much welded together with the glue the bottom section didn`t work as well because i couldn`t get to it properly but the splitter/ extensiony bit that i`m gonna make out of fibreglass will go there anyway so i`ll just stick some more glue there before i do that so in need of a dry day to fibreglass and repair one mount on it and then we are good for spraying oh an of course mounts for the new foglights and indicators think thats about it forgot to mark where the arches come to so that will have to be done sometime in the near future but i`m well pleased
glue gun ftw !!!!

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
a few pics of how the car currently stands with 1st stage bumper repair & trim
full door panels back in with a slight change and vibe tweeters and mutant crossovers and bass speakers lol

Attachments

• update pre lowering ) 001.JPG
    update pre lowering ) 001.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 415
  • update pre lowering ) 002.JPG
    update pre lowering ) 002.JPG
    122.1 KB · Views: 523
  • update pre lowering ) 003.JPG
    update pre lowering ) 003.JPG
    111.9 KB · Views: 475
  • update pre lowering ) 004.JPG
    update pre lowering ) 004.JPG
    125.2 KB · Views: 523
OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
as some of you might have noticed i now have the 50mm lowering springs fitted and also hid headlights they make my sidelights look yellow though :(
i will get some pics up tomorrow after i`ve gave it a wash but i thought i`d let you guys know first that i`m now finished with the big mods i`m happy with how it is there`s just a few little bits i want to sort out like finishing fitting the impul arches and getting both bumpers repaired but i was always aiming for my version of the performance k12 nissan should`ve built and i`m happy to say i`ve made it now so why ruin it by going any further ?

OP
OP
Dragonmaster_uk

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
a much needed update an a bit of bad news :(

first the bad news after trying to do a 3 point turn quickly in fog i`ve ripped one of the mounts for the exhaust so i`m gonna have to pay out to have that sorted tomorrow as it scrapes the floor on bumps and also i need two rear tyres pretty soon

an now for the update some pictures :)
pictures of back end lowered on 50mm lowering springs and of the hid front lights

randoms067.jpg

randoms065.jpg

randoms066.jpg

randoms071.jpg

randoms070.jpg

oh an i should have a new set of alloys coming this week bigger and better than the momo`s i used to have :)