My Micra just stopped

Hi guys.
Just put my micra back on the road after it had a little rest. Put a new set of discs and pads on it and went off for a test drive. Ran perfectly, got back and left it running. All of a sudden it just stopped and wouldnt restart. After a bit of fumbling about with my tester i think ive narrowed the fault down to a white plastic box next to the coil under the bonnet. Im presuming that this is the main col feed fuse? Can this be replaced with a normal fuse or do i have to spendmore cash? or is it not even a fuse?
It starts when you hold the key but as soon as you release the starter it dies( which sounds like the ballast resist is feeding it ok)
i hope someone can shed some light on this for me. im starting to get frustrated wit the old girl. i swear i must of replaced near on everything in the last 12 months:(

sorry being a retard. is a 1988 K10 1.0l auto

hi bendyknees, i think that white block IS your balast resistor and it sounds like it,s knackered :eek: (ie, the 12v feed is working the coil ok, but the dropped voltage via the balast resistor is,nt getting through)

Definitely the ballast resistor, my old Micra did exactly the same thing. I got a replacement one from the local starter/alternator re-con place, motor factors might not have one for a K10 but a ballast is a ballast, look at one they've got in stock, if the connections are the same type you're on to a winner. HTH

Back