• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Micra Dot Rising To The Top! :)

OP
OP
will930
is it normal for there to be ALOT of white smoke from the zorst? like im not burning oil or coolant is it just condensation and cold? its confusing me lol

OP
OP
will930
washed and polished the car saturday... hasnt been done in over a month and after a drive to the lake district and back.... and lots of spray all the way home so was filthy

DSC_0016.jpg

DSC_0017.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0027.jpg

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
You really have made a lovely job of that open mouth Will. I really like that you have cut it back to the front edge, rather than leaving the mesh sunk in.

OP
OP
will930
You really have made a lovely job of that open mouth Will. I really like that you have cut it back to the front edge, rather than leaving the mesh sunk in.

thanks mark, it was originlly going to be the standard type of grill with it sunk, but i got annoyed with mnyself and cut it flat, its so brittle though it has quite a few cracks lol....

thought about my offer mark?

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Yeah, sorry I should have got back to you on PM, It's something I'd like, but not something that will tempt my very limited funds away from other areas. Though if it was as cheap as an Equation T& Keyring & Sticker (or add suggestion for other tat I might be able to make for you) and an exchange boot in AJ4 I would be tempted.

OP
OP
will930
alright dude, if i dont get normal suspension by then ill deffinately take it off your hands mate, but if i do go with std suspension you can sell it an maybe split 75/25, with the 75 being yours :)

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Mmm... where's that Eastenders soundtrack gone..? Seriously, car's looking mint Will, hope you finally nail the clunking :).

OP
OP
will930
yes clunking gone and it will be fine, it will be loosing some bits soon but will keep its stance untill the day it dies.... but there should be some updates soon enough

OP
OP
will930
things are going to happen now :) thats a promise so keep an eye out, she will be returning to the road! in time for xmas!!!!

so basically im giving the car to me beloved gemma :) of whom im sure most of your have met by now.

so the plan is as follows....

with them black corsa wheels you see above ill be painting them white, with smaller tyres
chop a couple of coils off all round
new x-member
finally fit my cg13 g/box as i have all the needed parts to complete my cg10 to cg13 conversion
good wash and polish
new seat covers (girly styles) and mats

MOT and TAX

and merry xmas all rounds init

OP
OP
will930
so the work has begun at long last which a change of plan and direction, simply because i need the car as a daily with the corolla, the corolla is far too good to be hit by an idiot so the least time on the road the better.

a long time ago the engine was converted from a cg10 to a cg13, but none of the trans etc was done so i had the car revving its nuts off everywhere i went with the shorter ratio gear box.

so i found someone with everything i need to convert the transmission which is:
- gearbox
- drive shafts
- side engine mount
- rear engine mount
- north south bar
- gear linkage

so having these bits and a new clutch i set about pulling the front of the car apart, which resulted in this, i knew it was bad and needed doing to wasnt too much of a suprise, talking about the front cross member, notice its bent and the chunk missing

IMAG0939_zps5c89e9e6.jpg

i know the rad is in a state but it works and ill replace it when it gives problems and it has been like that for about 3 years haha.

having the entire lot apart to fit the new gearbox within 2 and a half hours i could weep at how heavy the new flywheel is compared to the cg10 lightened one

IMAG0954_zps2b81f186.jpg

and sadly no more poics but it is back together and ready to go, after a new cross member will update again soon :)

OP
OP
will930
im getting rather fond of this track malarky, and instead of potentially killing the corolla id rather kill the micra as easy to reshell! :)

OP
OP
will930
Mot this week, bit early for winter car time I know bit corolla tax runs out this month so ill only end up taxing it and then getting a refund after one month so such a waste! Specially to tax the corolla for 6months is the same as a year for the micra lol