• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Micra Dot Rising To The Top! :)

Righto i got my micra back in march a week before i passed my test (haha nissan march and i got it in march, good omen lol) anywho i paid £450 for my little beaut was a bit damaged and bit of a mess!!! but runs sweet as a nut had only done 58k and full service history!

so i tidied it up and done some spraying (perks of working in a bodyshop)

so once i tidied it up heres how she looked :) sorry no pics from before!

DSC00416.jpg

DSC00417.jpg

DSC00415.jpg

and obviously some bling hub caps from halfods hehe which came with the car (bonus) lol also came with unwired or unfixed fusion speakers in the boot! came with half pants home fitted central locking system which i ripped clean out! and in that process i found the door speakers had also been changed for ones that werent big enough and held in with two screws and 2 cable ties lol

when i came to fit my radio from my learner car i found that the wiring behind was half botched and pants so i went through and completely re-wired it myself hehe and is all working.

well that was a small intro and i will add more bits thats happened/ have done since and upto my most recent bits :)

OP
OP
will930
the first main thing which happened to me was i stayed at my missus house and looked out the window in the morning to find this!

DSC_0974.jpg

i first thought it was ice but in the middle of summer very unlikely, i reckon a bus went flying past and flicked a stone up lol

easily fixed from the scrapper yard :D

OP
OP
will930
the best bit i done which i was pestered about for a while i eventually done after buttering up my boss was some good old colour coding after i took the front bumper off i found the mess of my front cross member!
1285938981420.jpg

1285938989412.jpg

which i easily fixed with the fibre glass and ground that down and some underseal... may sort out lone day when i have money and time to do it but should be fine for next MOT

heres the bumpers in primer ready for paint and i also done door handles and the bit on the boot!

1285946113855.jpg

and here be the completed image! and doesnt it look lovely!

1287816868380.jpg

oh and by the way in that picture i have lowered it by 50mm and have some 15" mo5 compomotives with 195/50 R15's on them and they run lovely i admit they do need a refurb which i will do later at £65 quid a wheel OUCH

OP
OP
will930
humm a bit more the most recent ive done is fit some SR dials and they work lovely :)

1289937562303.jpg

well some other bits i have done since bought and now are

horizontal rear wiper
fitted some proper front speakers
better pioneer head unit
alot of t-cuttering
gave it a lovely scrape on rear arch!

also the most scrary thing in my life was crashing it :( but luckily it was all fine and all i hit was my wheel on a wall avoiding a 4x4 with a caravan and it didnt even stop the ######!

OP
OP
will930
my main aim now is to concentrate under the bonnet

bits ima doing soon!
cheapo induction kit on way from ebay!
colourd lights for dials! :p
bosch super 4 sparkies
one of franks modded manifolds!

and a few other bits which i will list when i get to them and remember

stuff for the future (wallet needs to grow first hehe)
1.3 cams
full sportex competition system from peter lloyd rallying :)
super s front bumper with driving lamps wired up to own switch!
and other stuff when i get to it!

also what is your opinions on getting some black mudflap material from peter lloyd and making myself some yummy flaps as everyone says i should do it as my car has a rally look about it!!!!!!!!!

look forward to hearing from you guys and will keep posted all suggestions welcome!

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Picture from the back please! (Y)
also, if you work in a body shop why not refurb the wheels yourself have done some wheels before and they turned out ok :grinning:

OP
OP
will930
Will add pics when im at home and there slightly buckled so that will be done at same time! Bummer i know and my boss sends off the alloys anyway as they need to be cemically wasked otherwise ally is damaged apparent which is a bum i know

Thanks for looking guys!

Whatdo people thinkof some rally style mudflaps!

OP
OP
will930
Will add pics when im at home and there slightly buckled so that will be done at same time! Bummer i know and my boss sends off the alloys anyway as they need to be cemically wasked otherwise ally is damaged apparent which is a bum i know

Thanks for looking guys!

Whatdo people thinkof some rally style mudflaps!

I think black rally stly mudflaps will look the business, do NOT get the chavvy type though, get the proper style ones. I see you mentioned peter lloyd, do you live in south wales then or you looked online mate ??

OP
OP
will930
I think black rally stly mudflaps will look the business, do NOT get the chavvy type though, get the proper style ones. I see you mentioned peter lloyd, do you live in south wales then or you looked online mate ??

found a link on here its simply like a rubber sheet i believe heres the link http://www.peterlloydrallying.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24&products_id=354 id make them so there nearly touching the floor and mega wide hehe

heres the pics that were requested these were taken after getting carried away cleaning hehe

1290266415997.jpg

1290266367417.jpg

1290266378362.jpg

AND I LOVE THIS PICCY (MAKES IT LOOK BADASS)

1290266450401.jpg

Really like them pictures. Just looked at the link and they are the ones mate, they are PVC material iirc. If done right you will pull it off, dont show no fixings and do as you said low and wide, but dont have them hitting floor it will do your head in haa. Theres a car around by me (fiesta mk5) that has pulled it off a treat, but there are loads that it dont work on. Will look forward to seeing it if you go ahead and do it

Wow, she looks beaut, i'l hopefully be getting a 1.3 soon, same style as yours, but after you did the bumper that looks immense so i think i will definately go down that route xD.

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
Someone has been busy today, I love white Alloys with Red Cars. I reckon you should paint or remove the side strips. But great looking Micra though.(Y)

you mention repairing a buckled wheel, i've been told it can't be done, where you getting it done cause i've got some wheels i absolutely love but one is buckled and i haven't had any luck finding a replacement :down:

car's looking smart but don't get rally flaps get the super s ones

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Was thinking of getting my number plate light holder painted. you have convinced me, time to colour code your mirrors and remove the strips down the sides (Y)

OP
OP
will930
you mention repairing a buckled wheel, i've been told it can't be done, where you getting it done cause i've got some wheels i absolutely love but one is buckled and i haven't had any luck finding a replacement :down:

car's looking smart but don't get rally flaps get the super s ones

well i might try them pvc ones out and if not ill try some others :) and im going surbiton tyre and wheel they do it all apparently :)

and with the side strips its been painted a couple of times and im dreading the colour of the paint underneath as it will most likely be a different shade after the rest has had 17 years to fade lol

also some good news :D

my spark plugs came :D and so did my dash bulbs :D and so did my cheapo induction kit :D so if your coming on sat ill hopefully have it done by then hehe

cheers for the feedback

If your removing the strips just buff up the area if it is faded mate, easily done just need the right products, any detailer could give you advice on that mate. Personally though i would just colour code them

OP
OP
will930
thats what im thinking saves the hassle as far as i know there holding my car together lol

and anyone guess what them black strips are for down the bottom of my car xD

OP
OP
will930
Na actually it has rust done from previous owner and they haddent even corered it up orground the welds downs dumb ass lol

Cheers for the responses looking forward to many more :)

OP
OP
will930
Na actually it has rust done from previous owner and they haddent even corered it up orground the welds downs dumb ass lol

Cheers for the responses looking forward to many more :)

Ahh a proper cowboy then haa. You going to repair it properly in time then yeh. Any updates with the flaps mate did you get them after

OP
OP
will930
umn nope nothing on the flaps may get them with the exhaust on there makes life easier lol...

and with the flaps i was going to make some cardboard cut out versions and see which shape everyone thinks is best then i done end up wasting the PVC stuff lol

but at the mo i has got in my dash light multi coloured :p induction kit and the spark plugs which i gapped with a piece of metal about 2mm thick.

but it sounds good and drives a little better now hehe :) pics to follow

Glad to hear its running better, thats always a good thing. What you mentioned doing with the cardboard is a good idea, saves beating around the bush and that. Get a picture of the new induction kit and dash mate

OP
OP
will930
righto as requested the pics

the induction kit will soon mod to make it cold air feed!
1290786325381.jpg

did get to test drive it with just the induction kit as i fitted the plugs at the same time as you will see, my main prolem is my old feeler gague only went up to 1mm after looking for it for ages! so i found a bit of metal and measured it at about 2mm which i was happy with and used the to gap my plugs as you will now see...

oh and what suprised me is the old plugs were bosch super pluses and looked like this:
1290784763967.jpg

all the same and very clean suggesting the car is running fine with no leakage

and heres my amazing gapping and gapping tool!
1290786019809.jpg

onto my dials which are colourful hehe but my main concern was that the buls were different fittings! (damn ebay):
1290717553387.jpg

so i came to a conclusion that i can make them fit and work so i bent them up a bit and used an amazing way of holding them in thanks to my misses idea!
1290719425189.jpg

bit of a bodge but works okay and because there LED's they wont get hot and melt the bluetack!!!!! yay

and heres how they came out! i think it looks different and impressive but thats me lol

1290721167640.jpg

the clock is a super white, and from left to right its an orange bulb, blue, green and red :p but the orange went purpleish which is fine cos it looks better :)

happy reading and lots of feed back please!

OP
OP
will930
well i fitted them yesterday and nothing since and i have been flooring it hehe :) but would the bigger gap make the car smokey? maybe its just me thinking its smoking more than normal! lol but no misfires at all and i wasnt going to go to 3mm as ebbdude did with the micro micra :p thats just insane lol....

i dont cal what i do DIY i call it bodging hehe

frank

Club Member
my guess is that you could keep opening them up and the spark would get bigger and bigger will, then you would reach a point where the spark wont be able to jump the gap and you would get a random missfire

As mentioned im not a fan of different colour led lights but that does look pretty cool mate. The gaps do look wide fair play but i am with frank about the gapping, keep opening untill the spark can no longer jump, bigger the spark the better all round. That induction kit looks tidy also, did all that come as a kit then or DIY mate

OP
OP
will930
As mentioned im not a fan of different colour led lights but that does look pretty cool mate. The gaps do look wide fair play but i am with frank about the gapping, keep opening untill the spark can no longer jump, bigger the spark the better all round. That induction kit looks tidy also, did all that come as a kit then or DIY mate

cheapo kit off ebay im affraid but its makes a difference and sounds the part thats all im after!

however im not too keep on the oil breather that goes in the side of it, as on the original air box that goes in before the filter and now it doesnt so i might get a small oil breather filter to sit on top and then just block off the hole for it on the main induction!

want a link to it?

Yehh the breather looks a bit squashed also. Just do as you said and block the pipe off and get a little breather filter for it. Any videos of the induction mate, be nice to see what it sounds like

Yehh if you have the link that would be great mate

OP
OP
will930
Yehh the breather looks a bit squashed also. Just do as you said and block the pipe off and get a little breather filter for it. Any videos of the induction mate, be nice to see what it sounds like

Yehh if you have the link that would be great mate

heres the link Liio

let us know if you get it dude

umn i did try and get a vid of the noise but came out pretty crap here it is anyway its alot better like in person

OP
OP
will930
righto i have taken a trip to the scrapper today and robbed some bits and visited 6 pug 306's shows how pants they are lol and here are the bits i got

DSC_1226.jpg

and i have the bits to mount in glove box a complete set in boot with a switch unit and control unit and simple light and i want some extras in the roof not sure where to put them... heres my ideas

DSC_1238.jpg

right thers my ideas and i would love your views so allm comments welcome and that will be one on each side then also 2 left which ill put for foot wells or in the doors im not sure !

cheers guys

It does sound alright in the video mate but videos never do justice. French crap thats where they belong haa. What does the 1.0 16v go like then mate

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
you got to see this car in the flesh bumpers nicely done the handling is very good
am a big fan of the wheels and the dash lights colors = trancing

Will you be switching them or having them linked to come on with door open etc. What about courtesy lights for rear passengers if you carry any, maybe one for each seat on the roof lining. Other than that where you have illustrated them seems good, and my opinion is red mate

OP
OP
will930
humm popped into my local halfords and got all the electrical bits i need to fit the light i will add pics when i can but more opinions lol.... does my blog bore people? lol

Well it has not bored me haa. Yehh what would you compare the 1.0 to as in terms of acceleration if you have drove other cars of course haa

:grinning:

OP
OP
will930
well ive only ever had one other car which was a 1.4 renault 5 which i must admit the micra left in smoke!

but id say its around the range of 8valve 1.3-4 if that makes sence

but driving many cars through work including the odd ferrari and jags id still say the micra still feels fast even after ragging them cars

it accelerates really well but up top end the 1.3 is best for that! id go for a transplant but id love to see what i can do from the 1l

and you really think the red one?
i thougt the blue for the simple reason is that it will point towards your lap but i can see why you said red

and will possibly get that boot release kit!