• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Micra CBR

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
so it started today. the micra is no longer standard. god it faught us all the way. started off the day removing the rear struts and then springs. replaced the springs with -35mm ones. Nice and easy too about 40 min (couple of siezed bolts) started to tackle the front to find that the top mount nut had siezed on. not wqanting to attempt this job a third time off we went down to the local motor factors to buy a set of new shocks. then came the fun bit.

Tom and his handy anglegrinder
STA60036.jpg

STA60037.jpg

the result
STA60039.jpg

we got off the bits we need and assmebled the new shocks/spring assembly
STA60040.jpg

then it was a case of slotting it back in its hole
STA60041.jpg

OP
OP
paul_k10_Lx

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
then we whizzed up all the bolts
STA60044.jpg

fitted the front top strut brace
STA60043.jpg

and the result from this
DSCF0181.jpg

to this
STA60046.jpg

OP
OP
paul_k10_Lx

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
springs were 85 i think
shocks were 30 each (could get alot cheaper but as the car was in bits needed them asap)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
The car looks like its changed colour from the before and after pictures!?

O

ohc_turbo

out of interest whos got the lowest k10 on lowering springs? and the best handling

oh and has anyone ever got the rear wheel in the air when going round a corner(not that the driver would know lol)

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
ohc_turbo said:
out of interest whos got the lowest k10 on lowering springs? and the best handling

oh and has anyone ever got the rear wheel in the air when going round a corner(not that the driver would know lol)

Ed got the rear wheel off sunday! check the huge thread about the ST at santa pod

My K10 handles incredibly well, but how to compare who has the best? god knows.

and quickdraw i think has the lowest as he's got coilovers on his K10

O

ohc_turbo

i know you can still get them leda coilvers, when the money flow in i might sor it out by buying the parts to make coilovers and make them myself, damn site cheaper, or get some springs custom made, its just doset give it the drop it needs, it needs to be about 1" lower tbh, not saying it dosent handle 100 times better than stock mind you

Mat.T

Ex. Club Member
good work, its well worth it i've had my Spax springs and KYB gas shocks on for almost 2 years, the difference is incredible!

OP
OP
paul_k10_Lx

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
an old member tom got a rear wheel up at the burning bournemouth event doin cat and mouse with a 106sxi which he beat

L

Littleleigh

Where'd u get the strut bar mate, i like it.
And the shocks rock

OP
OP
paul_k10_Lx

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
strut brace was off of speedle on here i think he got it from europe. shocks are nothing special just kyb ones

K10

Ex. Club Member
lookin good mate :wow:

ohc_turbo> It may look a bit high at the moment (just after fitting) but after a bit of time when everythings settled and bedded I would expect it to sit a bit lower (Y)

OP
OP
paul_k10_Lx

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
More Done:

On sat made custom batery holders(nothing special) also preped and sanded back the full foah kit. hope fully next two weeks could get most of the work done been lookin at some 5 spoke dished tuner stylee wheels :D and i get paid on friday :D:D

OP
OP
paul_k10_Lx

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
well what do peeps think of these wheels there 195/45/14's brand new tyres for a good price im liking them any comments?

Attachments

• a.JPG
    a.JPG
    624.2 KB · Views: 403

steve.moody

Buy & Sell Member
They look great paul

Not too over the top but still makes a statement.

Would look very nice :D

I'd go for them if they fit ok and thats what you want

OP
OP
paul_k10_Lx

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
Day 2

well today was the day of spraing and fitting the kit it it now on and looking good - a few touh ups needed.
so the day started with the primiming of the front bumper
STA60001.jpg

then the fun job of remving the standard bumpers whilst waiting for paint to dry
grill removal
STA60004.jpg

front bumper removal
STA60003.jpg

then it was time for the first coat of nissan silver 549
STA60006.jpg

bumper completely removed
STA60005.jpg

OP
OP
paul_k10_Lx

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
next it was time to primer the rear bumper whilst waiting for the silver to go off
STA60007.jpg

then on with the silver
STA60010.jpg

whilst the silvers were drying we laquered the front bumper and attached the splitter (volvo)
STA60009.jpg

priming the skirts
STA60008.jpg

OP
OP
paul_k10_Lx

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
then silver on the skirts
STA60011.jpg

we decided to have some tea and wait for the paints to dry a bit
then it was on with fitting the front bumper
STA60012.jpg

another angle
STA60013.jpg

next was the rear to go on
STA60016.jpg

will post up better pics later as i forgot to take some of the sides DOH

L

Littleleigh

Like what you hav done, also the spoiler is nice, where u get it mate?
Keep up the great work

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Wow!!!! Looking good mate!!! I'm seriously goin to have to get my bum in gear and catch up. With the help of Arnold i'm still fixing the kit for mine lol!!! Shouldn't take too long i hope!!! Looking forward to more pic's tho!! :D

Btw, is that paint an exact match?!!!!

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Looking good mate! didnt think spray cans could produce a good finish like that, and yes babe, we'l get the kit sorted in no time im sure!

OP
OP
paul_k10_Lx

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
silver is a pain in the EDITED ass. as u have to use grey primer and we were doin it in a garage so not the best light there is a bit strip missing on the rear bumper . but will fix that in time. as for colour match dont use crappy halfords of motorwold ones as they only have 2 nissan silvers i had the eact one made for mine nissan 549 y it matches :D

Is that Mats (Speedles) old kit?

Looks nice, surprisingly good finish from spray cans aswell.

The front bumper looks abit wavey on the top edge, is this just the photo?

Ems

Ex. Club Member
Swallow said:

Yes it is i think.

And Paul i thought frauds do an exact match machine thing?!! Did u try that?!!! Just that that's where i was goin to try, just gotta give them the paint code.

OP
OP
paul_k10_Lx

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
Swallow said:

Looks nice, surprisingly good finish from spray cans aswell.

The front bumper looks abit wavey on the top edge, is this just the photo?

yeah tis his kit and ive found out how to sort out the waveyness, its not a bad fit for a 10+yr old kit

OP
OP
paul_k10_Lx

paul_k10_Lx

Deactivated Account
Ems said:
Yes it is i think.

And Paul i thought frauds do an exact match machine thing?!! Did u try that?!!! Just that that's where i was goin to try, just gotta give them the paint code.

place i got it from was about 30 sec's from my local frauds and the paint was cheaper and better quality so i decided to give them a go

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
looks good mate :) nice to see the old kits being used on the road again, alwasy got nice comments about my car with that kit :)

fox1983

Deactivated Account
looking good makes me want to get mine back on the road all i got to do now is finish the back bumper sand and paint my fibreglass sub box and then get my painted rocker cover and hose covers on
paul where did u get the strut brace from

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Looking great mate. :) Coming along very nicely. The kit looks really nice, and looks like you have been working hard. Keep it up fella.

Status
Not open for further replies.