DSC00689Small.jpg

DSC00684Small.jpg

DSC00682Small.jpg

DSC00681Small.jpg

OP
OP
T

The Mad Hatter

Yeah, muchos. Lost none of the "flickability" but has gained some eagerness on the turn in (although that could be down to having the front toe set to parallel...) and it's definately more composed-it no longer feels twitchy around a sweeping motorway corner. Body roll is down from not much to not much at all and pitch and roll is much more controlled. The ride is pretty hard though, but I love it!

Speedbumps are a problem though, that front splitter is lower than it looks!

Randomly as well the top end seems to have increased-it now does an indicated 130 on flat ground rather than the 120 it did before (private land of course!!!). Dunno how this happened though...might have to see if I can experiment in the wind tunnel at uni!

OP
OP
T

The Mad Hatter

Definately, hardly any body roll at all...what's yours got suspension wise s-racing?

I was thinking of getting some spacers to widen the rear track. i rekon it would make the SR look lush with the rear wheels near-flush with the bodywork. might do terrible things to the handling tho'.. any opinions?

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
just get some new wheels :p its the same with the k11, the rear wheels need to be put out the arches a bit more, as there to far in imo.

nice to see some 160sr mods being done and pics etc :D... how much were srings, and were frmo if u dont mind?

i was under inpression the 160sr had diff srings from a standard k12 so needed different 1s to those for the k12 already on market ?

stephen

OP
OP
T

The Mad Hatter

Those springs were made by Eibach for the 160SR specifically as the spring rates are different. IIRC the ride height is slightly lower too, don't quote me though.

Personally I wouldn't mess with spacers, not sure what it'd do to the handling but you'd mullah wheel bearings! I quite like the way the rear wheels are slightly in the arches, my only complaint is the back sits a little high.

The car is for sale if you're interested. :p

The strutbrace-I thought about getting one but the suspension turrets are so close to the firewall I don't think it'd make much difference. I reckon it could do with some stiffer ARB's and possibly a rear brace though.

D

Deleted User

Hi bandit.

Where did you buy your mods from?

(Car looking good lowered Mad hatter)