• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My long promised blog

OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
The twincharge project had a nice little bump
A nice, and essential part is now on its way. A Garrett GT45R, fairly large turbo. At a grand cost of not alot, favour for a favour and all that

Borrowed a comparison photo from the turbo forums for people to see the difference
Image0tw.jpg

OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Just need a nice Eaton M45 now. I'd go for an early merc one, metal rotors ftw.
I got one a while back with the Teflon blades. Sent it to be refurb'd andhe reckons I'm better off keeping it as spares. So I might be in the market for another :)

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Well unless you run an intercooler between the tubby and sc, teflon might struggle with heat from the compressor anyway

Enuo

Glorified Electrician
Well with the sc running about a bar it'll produce same amount of exhaust as a 3.2, so needs 3.2l worth of turbo :)

OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Well with the sc running about a bar it'll produce same amount of exhaust as a 3.2, so needs 3.2l worth of turbo :)
GT45 should be man enough then :) if not I'll have to sell it on and put it into the "bigger turbo" fund not flipping cheap things

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
GT45 should be man enough then :) if not I'll have to sell it on and put it into the "bigger turbo" fund not flipping cheap things

Only if you're into chuckable eBay specials, decent turbos are 4 figures easy :rolleyes:. Thankfully decent units atleast have 'some' resale value.

And, for the record, GT45 :eek:

OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Only if you're into chuckable eBay specials, decent turbos are 4 figures easy :rolleyes:. Thankfully decent units atleast have 'some' resale value.

And, for the record, GT45 :eek:
I've heard of these ebay specials... barge pole springs to mind. Although I've heard some positive things about them with the right amount of work. Still not 100% convinced

Tis a big'un :D

OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Got quite a few goodies recently and havent shared 1 of em. Will play catch up over the next few days as I sift through all my boxes and find everything all over again

One thing I have a photo of. Nice cheap set off of a friend of mine, ready to have my new tyres stuck onto for the October trackday

DSC01762.JPG
DSC01769.JPG

OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Here's something else I got for £23
A dedicated H701 camera so there's no sharing between cars :)
1409727370909.jpg

Also a photo of those 2 manifolds that some people, for whatever reason, chose to throw into doubt of their existence.. yes there really was 2
1409727448938.jpg

OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Prepare for a mild rant, folllowing the trend that appears to be floating about recently..
The GA conversion on the K10 belonging to @Ryan Poynton was a success.. took a little longer than planned so some bits were rushed (ie interior loom mounting, wrapping loom in conduit) and not finished to the standard I'd have prefered, but they were all small tasks Ryan was happy to take on himself at home.. I'm sure there will be a update in his blog soon and some photos for you all to see the work I "didnt" do, including the mounts I didnt make, the Linkage I didnt make and the loom I didnt make.

Yes a childish comment but so is the attitude and opinion of some people I've come to notice in the past few weeks... grow a spine, say it to me... dont backstab, is it jealousy or some kind of hatred against someone who achieves? My motto being, defeat your enemies with success.. people hate being proven wrong
I may get alot of my info off the internet and use it to my advantage... but doesnt 99% of population these days? Doesnt stop me doing my research myself nor the work myself, its childish and makes you look small minded. If I cant do a job I look to someone who can to get the work done. Bad thing? No, common sense in my opinion

Going along the lines of more work I "didnt do".. the 421 I replicated.. I must've knocked my jig or something as the import one fitted ok.. but mine is over angled and touches the sump. As sump modifications were already in order I dont mind making an amendment to accomodoate the 421

Rant over... let the blog of things I "dont" do continue...

well said, its annoying to hear so many people that want to hate on the success of others, ive not seen so much stupidity since being involved in the dub scene, at least i know from all the info i have been given by you in the past where i will be getting my bits from.
best to let them wallow in their own hatred knowing your doing some great stuff for those who appreciate the work you do

OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
well said, its annoying to hear so many people that want to hate on the success of others, ive not seen so much stupidity since being involved in the dub scene, at least i know from all the info i have been given by you in the past where i will be getting my bits from.
best to let them wallow in their own hatred knowing your doing some great stuff for those who appreciate the work you do
Cheers Jay

I shall let em get on with it. Especially having the keen idea on who it is, I know I have nothing to worry about from my point of view
Yes I've made and done some right crappy bits/borderline bodged... At least I'm man enough to admit that.. but they've been corrected and its a learning curve as it will be for everyone. I wont bodge my own stuff then start putting other people down... nor will I comment where I have no experience, and if I do comments its based on what I find to be "a good source of information"
Copying something is exactly fraudulent its saving myself time n money on research... time I dont have, but because I imported on and copied it I learnt the the time vs cost makes it unsuitable for me to produce full time anyway compared to just buying the one I did from America

The MSC would be a better place without such behaviour. I wont dwell on it too long... I've too many genuine people to help out

Well hopefully funds will start coming in for me to get stuff done on my k10 so when it does expect some orders from me

Sent from my slutty secretary as I'm tied up in the fungeon

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Cheers Jay

I shall let em get on with it. Especially having the keen idea on who it is, I know I have nothing to worry about from my point of view
Yes I've made and done some right crappy bits/borderline bodged... At least I'm man enough to admit that.. but they've been corrected and its a learning curve as it will be for everyone. I wont bodge my own stuff then start putting other people down... nor will I comment where I have no experience, and if I do comments its based on what I find to be "a good source of information"
Copying something is exactly fraudulent its saving myself time n money on research... time I dont have, but because I imported on and copied it I learnt the the time vs cost makes it unsuitable for me to produce full time anyway compared to just buying the one I did from America

The MSC would be a better place without such behaviour. I wont dwell on it too long... I've too many genuine people to help out
Dammit... You found me out

SirChris

Educated Bodger
Cheers Jay

Oh I just figured this out. You going on about that manifold? Not going to lie it did look like you were trying to pass that off as ur work at the start. I did even make me doubt what other stuff might be in the same situation. Don't bite at me that's just how I saw it. There's always been a level of bull**** to the world, sometime you cant help but assume wrongly. Also I want to see this bucking workshop /unit which has been evading everyone at some point... I wanna know what tools you have...cause then I can steal them and use ur ramp. Plus a welder....I can borrow a welder.

Also before anyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and start playing bum chums and defending the right noble h701. We know each other well enough. This isn't going to be an issue lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
Oh I just figured this out. You going on about that manifold? Not going to lie it did look like you were trying to pass that off as ur work at the start. I did even make me doubt what other stuff might be in the same situation. Don't bite at me that's just how I saw it. There's always been a level of bull#### to the world, sometime you cant help but assume wrongly. Also I want to see this bucking workshop /unit which has been evading everyone at some point... I wanna know what tools you have...cause then I can steal them and use ur ramp. Plus a welder....I can borrow a welder.

Also before anyone wants to jump on the bandwagon and start playing bum chums and defending the right noble h701. We know each other well enough. This isn't going to be an issue lol.
I think it hit some sore spots with some people. There was a discussion only days before about MIG and TIG welders, and I defended my MIG welder :) didnt see the need for a TIG.. but then a good friend of mine, many who have been here will know Colin, offered me his old setup for only £80.. which was an unpassable offer.
So before that offer came about, I had manifolds on the brain we set about practicing on stainless steel n stuff, well I had to do the practice bit. Bought one from america, made an MDF jig around it and made my own.. only to find I cocked it up a tad as the downpipe is over angled and hits the sump :(

So for whatever reason people decided... oh that looks the same... we assume he makes absolutely nothing himself... erm... I do... just ask good ol @Ryan Poynton who put his engine in this past week? I understand why there was some doubt, even I said to people it did look dodgy, and the really pretty welds werent my own (on the mild steel to stainless) but the stainless to stainless was me. I even posted a photo of the 2 together to prove there was 2 and not one, then wrapped and photo'd again.
Its like I attempted to do something.. 2 months later succeeded and some people hate that fact? Its all very childish in my eyes. It also comes from such people that have produced some very poor work compared, so it makes me wonder whether its a form of jealousy?

As for the unit, everyone came at the wrong time, I had to shut it as I couldnt afford to keep it open on a monthly basis (that was when you were down last) then I had to give it up completely, I showed Adam (@Belly93 ) where it was when he came down, and with things picking up greatly these past few weeks I shall soon have a unit open again, a bigger one infact which lots of awesome space to play in, only thing is.. I'll have to buy another 2 post lift, where all will be welcome for some kind of opening party :p

Last edited:
OP
OP
h701micra

h701micra

Deactivated Account
:) them.units we looked at were good. That sorta size or you still looking?
That size man, infact the one I'm in talks with now is directly opposite the one we looked at :)
It has 2 offices (1 up and 1 down) , a toilet and the mezzanine floor for the same cost
But if it comes to it I can just get the one we looked at