• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My long promised blog

Bought a whole almera for not much more than a K11 4 branch...
Still selling that rear axle ;)

If you do the mandatory porting to get the flow up ob the exhaust to a similar number to the SR and CG we gain a few horses and torques again... And that's only bringing the engine into a level playing field

Ok so changing to be more realistic
So works out at a measly 84kg or so heavier (assuming SR+box is 204kg)
Say a 800kg K11:

Cg=75/0.8= 94bhp/tonne
GA=100/0.884=113bhp/tonne

Seeing as without cams etc a CG runs out at about 94bhp, GA makes a lot of sense, especially if you can fit it with about 5 mins worth of welding :)
Edit:
Cg+ intake and 4branch =94/0.8=118bhp/tonne (and WAY less torque). Bought a whole almera for not much more than a K11 4 branch...

Still selling that rear axle ;)

If you do the mandatory porting to get the flow up ob the exhaust to a similar number to the SR and CG we gain a few horses and torques again... And that's only bringing the engine into a level playing field
The shell is being swapped for some FIA spec harnesses, chappy is gunna make it a grass tracker so gotta leave it on. Still got the rear disks and calipers though :)

Neither power or torque seem to wanna drop off on a GA+T
1387125789926.jpg

probably bout 50-70kgkg heavier I would assume? Main weights gonna be the turbo and intercooler?
the +t has,nt added any weight on mine, the turbo is probably lighter than the primary cat that was removed/replaced with, the side exit exhaust is half aluminium, and no intercooler :)

the +t has,nt added any weight on mine, the turbo is probably lighter than the primary cat that was removed/replaced with, the side exit exhaust is half aluminium, and no intercooler :)
I've seen 139 for sr20de, 149 for sr20det

Very laggy indeed. I'll grab one of the other det GA graphs that shows them in better light :)

Hp is nothing without torque though :)

mine had 80lb/ft @2100 rpm tho andy (pre-nistune/stock ecu) and baguete,s (nistuned) @ 1500 rpm
But whereas these drop off torque pretty much as it peaks.
A GA will climb in torque and hold its peak torque throughout

Edit: the second graph shows that 80lb/ft isn't reached until 3250rpm?

Ive just had a read at dales blog and he says that graph is from the ga14 engine and not long after he broke a piston. Then he built a low comp ga16 for it and run a little more boost and made 193whp

The extra 200cc in my eyes would see him the added 30hp at the wheels

I've got em all saved in my reference folder :)

Impressive to know that a GA16 can handle almost as much power on stock internals as an SR (de)

Nissanubaru isn't taking all the limelight... I'll make sure H701 still puts up a fight.

The twincharged GA16 will be ready in time for the track day weekender. Which gives me time to refine it. And push it a bit more

Edit: the second graph shows that 80lb/ft isn't reached until 3250rpm?

That was when i finished the SR20 MAF and SR20 370cc injectors setup, with retarded dizzy to compensate the agressive timing map, @ 0,7bar. Have the timing map sorted now with more timing at low revs/load and 15º base timing.

You are seeing power curve with 80hp at 3250rpm, you must see the torque curve, 110nm at 1500rpm.

Back