• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My long promised blog

Tacked in place. Albeit badly but I'm getting used to my new mask. Its an auto dimming one and its rather quite fancy. Not used to it at all :/
1384698500095.jpg

Made a few more members up ready to be tacked together in the front :)
But I took this one to show a bit more... so I may aswel show it :)
1384698610354.jpg

Then got bored so bf4 time :)

I'll get you a picture tomorrow Neil :)
But basically you need a minimum of a 2.5mm plate welded to the floor for the cage to stand on. Then weld it to that..... or weld the plate to the cage and bolt that to the floor

Its so the tubing doesn't go through the floor :)

You on the cage build today bud??

LEEEEEAVVVEEE ITTTTT YEAHH!!!
In a mo. Limited to what I can do without the pipe bender. Now I've changed the design my front legs don't fit, need to make new ones.
So its just 2 more rear members and the mid 'X' for now :)

Back to stuff I know about. Apparently google searching cb20 is not my strong point :p

I took a few pictures for Neil to show him how I mount my cage but may be helpful to a few others. (@pork)
Got 4 pics so 4 posts :D

Basically we need a 100x100x100 mm minimum 2.5mm angled steel plate like Pic 1
Mine is 4mm, my regs dictate minimum 3mm) you can thank @skinner_87 for pointing this out :p so hopefully that makes it a tad clearer

The K10 has a funny shaped floor pan. Its for water channeling and wiring etc but still not ideal for building a cage

See pic 2 & 3

Pic 3
1384774950223.jpg

And once its been mangled about to fit you end up with this mess

See pic 4

I cant stress enough how important it is to build the cage whil the car is empty... I did quite literally build my car backwards.
With an empty shell you have no fire hazards, no seats and harnesses to set on fire so no worrying... like I had. Also means you can focus on the welding not the fire risk

So the time has come to A. Borrow this blog again and B. Tell you why

I'm getting a renault clio... hate all you want I don't care :p

Their forums are much like the vag forums... and at times this forum

It's a 1.4... yes I may have plans.... but as always they've been researched before and everyone says why bother just put in a 1*2 engine
Similar to vag with why bother just use a 1.8t
Or here why bother just use an SR20

Well I don't conform to that stuff and like to prove people wrong.
If I can't beat em I wont join and I'll go bigger and better ;)

Sorting out getting it today so standby

Hope you're trailering it, french cars suffer from one fatal flaw: it is both made by the french and depends on electricity to work.

Hope you're trailering it, french cars suffer from one fatal flaw: it is both made by the french and depends on electricity to work.
Haha its arriving on a trailer. Headgasket gone... but it has had its engine swapped for a new one.
Comes with many fancy parts.. spare engine, alloys, the subtle sports bodykit no 90s stuff, fandangled exhaust etc etc and its FREE

Most fancy stuff will probably sold on here prior to me test fitting to a micra

Bye bye polo is kinda good to hear :p yay for scrappage money? Or did you sell it on to someone?
I have a replacement nazimobile for you to hate now :p

Micra rally car > clio rally car
Micra shalt not leave
H701 is very close to my heart and will always come first
What's so good about the 106 then bud??

LEEEEEAVVVEEE ITTTTT YEAHH!!!
They're a better looking car and have more of a rally pedigree than a saxo... as they have that relation to the 205... saxos dont really have that
As long as you don't leave us Andy, micras are great but there are far better cars
Going nowhere Karl :) I'll still be about somewhere
Lol doubt his h701 is going anywhere soon, ......
Doesn't move :D
You a ho manz... but yea its gone nowhere this week

Bye bye polo is kinda good to hear :p yay for scrappage money? Or did you sell it on to someone?
I have a replacement nazimobile for you to hate now :p
Noo I'm a fan of a good bmw :)
Just vw suck ass

It was swapped for the clio :)... clios probably worth more but ahh well

Noo I'm a fan of a good bmw :)
Just vw suck ass

It was swapped for the clio :)... clios probably worth more but ahh well
Ahh nice one, good swap I think. Did you sell the backbox in the end or did you just get the whole gig gone in one?
Be good to see you with a more pleasing project around :)

Ahh nice one, good swap I think. Did you sell the backbox in the end or did you just get the whole gig gone in one?
Be good to see you with a more pleasing project around :)
Its going with it. I couldn't be bothered to mess with it anymore. As you know.
This one has cheered me up a bit. Paintwork nice. Engine tapping but I have a spare to pull apart. Other than that it just needs a wash
What Clio did you get?
Mk2... haven't got a picture of it. But its the prefacelift version of the v6 one they did. The standard version of the v6 I'd of preferred but maybe I can do a swap myself
Dont know clios well

Back