• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Little Red K11

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Back in December I picked up my K11. She was in a bit of a sorry state when I bought her, slowly being eaten away by rot at the sills and looking a bit tatty. She needed some TLC.

She's a 1.0L 16V, and despite the tatty exterior (when I picked her up) she still ran really well. The engine is solid and will take everything you throw at it! Typical little Nissan!

Anyway here are some pictures from when I picked her up.

IMAG0003.jpg

IMAG0007.jpg

And the culprit to it's failed MOT at the time, this dirty great mofo:

IMAG0002.jpg

Luckily, my father is a fantastic mechanic and had a go at fixing it straight away. Before I got round to modding it, we decided it would be best to get her through the MOT first! So, a few grueling hours or welding, cutting and sanding later...

IMAG0006.jpg

IMAG0005.jpg

Good as new!

Now it was time for me to let my imagine loose a little bit and get to the fun stuff!

I picked up a set of (slightly) dished multispoke alloys for £100 off eBay. They're 15x6.5, a little less wide than I wanted but they still looked great. Me and my dad cleaned them up and painted them, and got them on asap. We also lowered it about 4"s!

I also wanted to get a little bit more power out of it too, so I installed a mushroom air filter and a fuel pressure regulator. We upped the fuel pressure from 2-bar to 5-bar. It seemed to run sweet until the fuel pipe burst (haha) but it was no big deal, we quickly swapped the pipe and dropped it to 4-bar. It runs very nice at 4 bar with a good little bit of extra power.

I stripped it out and my dad fabricated a nice half-cage as well.

So this is how it sat about 2 weeks ago.

IMAG0016.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

It's a little different now, I installed a couple of bucket seats and have put a Laguna splitter on the front. I've also raised the bonnet up by about an inch. I'll grab some new pictures this weekend (hopefully in the sun!)

I don't know whether or not to leave it as it is or do anything extra to it! Any little ideas will go down sweet.

Special thanks to my dad who's done a fab job of helping me out with it.

Thanks for looking, comments and criticism welcome! (Y)

adamsricky

Club Member (Trial)
yeah looks good man do the horizontal wiper mod its really easy, and spray the nissan badges black and fill the nissan in red. oh yeah and ask your dad to make me a cage lol

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Thank you for all the positive replies! Will get some refreshed pictures up soon :grinning:

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Quick update.

Fitted 1.3 camshafts

IMAG0079.jpg

IMAG0080.jpg

I highly recommend this if you've got a 1.0L and want a bit of extra power! The new power band is amazing.

Rev counter

IMAG0083.jpg

Buckets

IMAG0084.jpg

This is how the engine is looking at the moment. Unknown make air filter, fuel pressure regulator (running at 4 bar) and a painted rocker cover. Looks good!

IMAG0086.jpg

IMAG0088.jpg

And this is how the car is sitting now.

IMAG0091.jpg

IMAG0092.jpg

I'm going to JapShow at Santapod tomorrow, hopefully in the show area. Would be good to see some other MSC members up there showing off their Micras!

Shero

Ex. Club Member
looks really nice man, good work all in and the cage is looking nice!!!
Go for a 1.3 swap and youll be luvin' it. Thats all my advice.(Y) goodwork goodwork!

OP
OP
Harlen

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
Where abouts can I get my hands on a flywheel? I'm thinking of getting Brembo grooved brakes for it next. Don't know whether to do a swap or not, there's plenty of power as it is for now and I'm thinking of upgrading to something bigger next year anyway.

That reminds me, went Japshow today at Santapod and had a go on the handling course. Posted a time of 24.3 seconds, which was quicker than an R33 GTS, a 200SX and several other beastly looking cars. It definitely surprised some of them!

frank

Club Member
mine was machined on a lathe, cost me £10 lathe rental :wasntme:
attachment.php

Attachments

• PICT0094.JPG
    PICT0094.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 802

superls

K10 Tuner
lightening the flywheel is definately worth it.

heres mine, i own my lathe so only cost me a couple of quid electric ;)

as you will see just under 3.1kg *geek*

Image210.jpg

Image212.jpg

RTLkyuubi

Ex. Club Member
CHRIST at £500 flywheel!!!! would of been 1/5 of the price to buy a new one and get it lightened at a machine shop! (and machine shop prices arnt normally cheap!)

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Lol - just seen this thread Harlen :). I've met this car in the metal and it really is lovely. Didn't know it had the cams but you can't argue with a 19 second quarter mile for a 1.0l (Y).