• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

MY little red celebration.

davey1991

If its not scrubbing, its not low enough.
Thought i'd start this as i said i would from day one.
Do not be fooled, this car is almost completely standard and will more than likely stay that way.

So far:
Bought the car in July 2009 with 36k on the clock.

2 years on its now sitting on 56k, thats a fair few miles for my first 2 years of driving!

Currently I've removed the air box and I'm awaiting a cone filter to replace it, I've made a cold air intake that should slot neatly over this and over the engine block. (It sits OK on the HT leads after an hour drive nothing had melted so it'll be fine.)

Bought some SEAT 3 spoke alloys for it, these have been on and off the car a few times for painting but i still haven't settled on a color.

DSC00038.jpg

Before i took the alloys back off.
It had a knock last year which the insurance partly took care of, they didn't repaint the bumper...

More pictures tomorrow, she's just been cleaned looks much more red.

silento

Ex. Club Member
Hi

Nice car. Try for white alloys? I think they would look good if you give the car a good clean, machine polish and wax.

Look forward to the progress.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Its been machine polished but that's an awful pic haha plan to hand polish and wax it again tomorrow. White was always one option, that may be the next trial.

Nice car Dave. I like the way yout think it keeping it pretty much standard, thats how I've kept mine apart from a few OEM added enhancements.

Regarding the alloys, I'd get them sprayed in its original silver colour.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

They never where silver haha. There shown in the picture above, currently sanding them back and deciding what to do. I have more pictures but i can't find the cable for my camera!!

do the rear drum red, and front calipers red, it will look good behind the white wheels, also stick an after market sticker on one spoke of all the wheels, it should give a proffesinal look :)

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Here come some pictures.

Dodgey air feed, it works and its noticeable, doesn't melt (Yet.)
DSC00080-1.jpg

Really bad lighting for photos so it looks pink but i promise you the paint hasn't faded in the slightest.
DSC00070-2.jpg

DSC00066-1.jpg

DSC00072-2.jpg

It was freshly washed and cleaned but you can't tell.

Steeliies!
DSC00071-1.jpg

Alloys!

DSC00074-2.jpg

NIPPY i will not ever be painting the drums haha, why highlight the worst part of the car?

silento

Ex. Club Member
No airfilter?? I'm sure your car looks much better in person. you could paint the drums black at least. Won't stand out but at least they won't look rusty.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Not currently haha, but she wont be used for a week or so and i should have one by then, it works for now really well surprisingly, I'm getting a new longer pipe to run out of one of my spotlight gaps, the induction roar is addictive currently.

i dont see anything wrong will painting the rear drums red, as least its got brakes, thats a good thing surly, and painting the rear drums cant be as bad as that air filter :p look on ebay full set up will set you back about £40 i think, its what iv got

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Shes now half stripped, no back seats/ spare tyre.
Air feed set alight so that went away, alloys are now gloss black and back on the car.

I was running without k11 filter and pretty much open pipe and there was no grime when checking it really, that metal mesh catches anything that does decide to go on a journey, but i have filter back on now also :D.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Pictures ahoy!

De-bump stripped one side so far, De-badged the back. Alloys in there black glory and stripped the back of the car!

DSC00134-2.jpg

DSC00133-1.jpg

DSC00131-2.jpg

DSC00132-1.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00136.jpg

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Also, i bought a replacement back box, it has Calsonic embossed all over it? The previous one didn't is this something to be happy about?

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Well still needs lowering but I've done some more stripping, i cut the original snorkel into a cold air feed and it seems a little more torquey.
Rear wiper is gone, i was hoping to use a single gas strut for the door but it isn't strong enough.
Still thinking about the next step with the engine.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Black alloys are back on, painted grilles, badges and side repeaters black and put some tape on my healights.
Looks OK but way way to high, photos tomorrow.

Peter Lloyd exhaust is next on my shopping list.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

DSC00181.jpg

DSC00182.jpg

DSC00183-1.jpg

DSC00176.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

Pictures showing my hand molested air intake.
Black grilles and badges.
Alloys.

0-60 video i make about 12 seconds, ok from a standard 1litre with the interior stripped.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

I'm unsure aswell but it covers a few sins it looks better than the scratches underneath. I think i've accidentally given it a bit of a chavvy look which i did not want.
Still going for a Euro look once i have some money to spend.
Next few items are all engine anyway. 1.3 cams and peter loyd 3/4 system.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Clear indicator bulbs? Would that not require orange lenses? Which i don't have.
If you mean my side repeaters i prefer them black, it needs to be lower. I also want some Euro style alloys no idea what yet but i don't have BBS money.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Thanks i'm trying to take away the little girls shopping car look.
Needs lowering and a few little bits doing but i'm happy ish.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Front bumper before.

DSC00070-2.jpg

DSC00134-2.jpg

After t-cut and polish.

DSC00025-1.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Shiney clean car is like a mirror, its really brought out the red.

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

DSC00022.jpg

DSC00028.jpg

Badge marks now completely gone.

DSC00026-1.jpg

DSC00027.jpg

Buying some 1.3 cams off Scott so they're next on the list and then hopefully a manifold / lowering.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Momo wheel on the way to fit to my new hub, new cams should here soon thanks to Scott.
Really love driving my little car right now.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Needs to get on the floor low so that should really be my next job, still waiting for my cams but he's stayed in contact so all is well.
Pure JDM lovelyness steering wheel, i really like it. Straight of a eunos import!

Guide to removing airbag with a hammer.
1.Get hammer.
2. Get center punch.
3. Hit it with a hammer.
4. The end.

Needless to say it didn't work.
Struggling with the horn wiring still.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Cams are in, timings sorted and now i have some blue SMD's in my dash.
Pictures to follow.

Not sure if i should leave it on the alloys or go back to the standards, some days i like them others i don't.

euro_micra

Matt :)
What do you think about the 1.3 cams compared to stock?? I have them in and think there sweet, alot more high end power now eh. Look into doing the rev limiter removal mod too, worked wonders for me when teamed up with the 1.3 cams, can now hit 60mph in 2nd gear:wasntme:

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Euro, the cams are great up high but i seem to have lost a little of the low down it used to have, also going to do the rev limiter removal.
I really really do not like the SR alloys and most of the nissan ones, however i do like steels especially banded or re-welds.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Old cams.

DSC00077-2.jpg

New cams.

DSC00082-1.jpg

New rocker cover.

DSC00092.jpg

DSC00091.jpg

No pictures of the new lights yet but they're nice.

OP
OP
davey1991

davey1991

Lighting pictures, took me long enough.

Footwell lights with an aircraft kill switch, not pictured but i can get on if you want one.
Dash lights are very bright, annoyingly a slightly different blue.

DSC00080-3.jpg

You can all admire my sexy legs, trying to keep my feet out of the way.
Still need to get it insured but insurance is due, goodbye all my money.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
tidy man
can you get a dimmer for dash lights? (oops led's undimmable have to be bulbs)
most jap cars seem to have that function,so we need one too

........................see what my mate liked last wednesday