• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My Little Micra

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Hello everyone. My name is Liam and I'm from the Midlands of Ireland. I recently got my first car but I've been looking on these forums for a while now. It's a 1998, 1 litre with 90-ish thousand miles.

It has its fair share of little scratches and dents, and a big one on the bootlid and the bumper. Mechanically, it's very good though.

I'm really looking forward to owning this car learning how to do things on it, because so far they seem very easy to work on.

I have a rough list of things to be done over the next while

~Clean up the paint removing all the stupid little dents and scratches.

~Replace the bootlid and repair the rear bumper from its little crash.

~Add a few parts from higher level cars, (parcel shelf speakers, rev counter etc)

~Also add some parts from Marches like rear lights etc.

~Lower it a bit, I think roughly 40 mm with 14 inch wheels looks just right on these.

~Eventually, find a 1.3 engine and swap it, but these are a rare beast to find in Ireland

Here's some pictures as well.
e234c35c0d98f2362f55203565ef90da.jpg
79ce6b227578e0e41424707367d1dfdb.jpg
67210e2505fc147c1b53d9e288a1632f.jpg

My personal favourite
9d8bae270f8b3f32b3b110bf309f244c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Last edited:
OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
The first thing I decided to fix was the big dents in the bootlid and the bumper. So I took a trip to my local scrapyard owned by my friends family and took off a new bootlid and bumper. The bumper is scratched but at least not broken and dented. The bootlid is off a vibe model and has the holes for my wrap around spoiler to go into which is a bonus to save drilling new ones.

While I was there I picked up a 2nd facelift rear wiper motor, a centre console from a mazda demio with cupholders and an interior map reading light from an old primera.
6d5b416c8c94d2c6f6c9b48e491ecbde.jpg

Edit. Here's a picture of me getting stuck in the primera after getting the interior light.
5e92665738e0b130e3b52d979a1bddb2.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Today I decided to change the rear bumper over to the new one, and also the bumper bar as this was also messed up by the crash.

I started by carefully removing the old broken bumper with my foot, this is what I was faced with after it was off
32774dbbbea54870ae2bf66e3cdc4501.jpg

ad1a39d0da8aa5032cfaed284ec161d4.jpg

And here's the new one.
95330b731b238cdd7b8e825cf0dabd5d.jpg

After having a very long argument with the bumper bar due to rusty bolts, it finally came off. Then I sprayed the area behind with underseal, just for some future rustproofing. This was all I could do because my friend snapped the bolts off on the new bumper bar taking it off, and also it needed to be wire brushed back and repainted with rust inhibitor.
573b85798ff70b69d5ee75d450bbbae0.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
A while back I bought a set of pre facelift March rear lights off a friend, which I just wired up to go onto my car. This was the first thing I had ever done like this on a car and I found it very interesting to do. I wired them up to have twin reverse lights, but I didn't want to overload or burn out the wiring so I decided to use LED replacement bulbs.
153532db399ea3e0041b1890d5797156.jpg

Also I got a set of rev counter clocks.
04d11d4ae06071a25cbf645ad179515e.jpg

I was originally going to leave it with the rev clocks stock mileage, but when I was changing them I noticed that the speedo was only held in with 4 screws, so a bit of fiddling and a few minutes later, I had them swapped. This is the result.
034255bf0c32c85a11fafbc49b0972c9.jpg

Getting the speedo drive cable back in was the most difficult bit about this, and almost made me ask that fateful question, "why do I bother modifying cars?" Eventually after some effing and jeffing it just slipped in. At first half the bulbs where dead, and also had this weird blue condom thing on them.
33fe01783274bac11388ddd2401ab4d0.jpg

I found a box of spare dash bulbs in the house and this was the finished result.
cc2b3e550f9bc39ac8a22d59a23e9e47.jpg

Today I passed my driving test too so one step closer to getting this pile on the road I spose

Last edited:
OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Thanks, yeah finally free. Be a couple of months before I can drive my car. I'll be doing most of the work for the nct (mot) myself so I need to wait for holidays and warmer weather

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
(big post)

So this weekend I started sanding down my super s bumper. I got this a few months ago off a friend who'd bought it off his brother, who had bought it of their cousin who had gotten it from England. I managed to buy it for a tenner.

This is the state I got it in from my friend
d3ba90780cc5dc991c441552d84d307e.jpg

When I got it both the lights were fecked and it had also been "modified" by some ape who cut out the number plate recess
b1b309df4481b6c9b051767b407d571c.jpg

The first thing I set about doing was remaking the number plate holder and also strengthening it back up cos it was fierce wobbly. I did this by cutting and bending an old piece of facia board from the roof of the house. I used an old jig my dad had made for making new keels for the boat and a heat gun to bend it (which caught fire as I was finishing this)
84ef370bd454eaa29349a100e0bb9ce0.jpg

After the incident with the heat gun I started about attaching the new piece to the bumper. I was going to use rivets because I had loads of them but the were just a bit too short.
15f65493d33adbcf3dcd88aa8bdc0a22.jpg

So instead I used a few bolts

Here it is after I finished this stage
8c1b23e027101b70c6d0fbc34edd1702.jpg

Next I went about filling in the bits at the sides where the centre bar had been cut out. I used some old plastic I had lying around and then I screwed and glued them in. After that I fibreglass fillered over them to get them fairly smooth and then body filler over that
8200169a38fb598436b546ea9c50e6ff.jpg

87d12aafe968931579fcec542cc957aa.jpg

0d8d6373eaaa2b1f932b3003352b1a60.jpg

I also bought some new lights for it courtesy of r-reg-sr, look great
ec21d5bf977f3ea9fb2ee279f439c8a8.jpg

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Yesterday I spent a few hours up at my local scrapyard owned by my friends family. They have 4 micras and also got another one in the other day so always bits to get there. I started off by getting new speakers from a second facelift as my passenger one has died recently.

I got another set of micra mud flaps as well from the new one they got in, which is also the only micra I've ever seen with a check engine light on it, although we did get it started eventually.

I also did an amazingly stupid thing. I removed the handbrake surround from that car (future plans) which I left on the roof. After the surprise of getting the car started I brought it for a rag around the yard, during which the stuff on the roof fell off, and I then managed to run it over . Anyone else ever do anything amazingly thick like that?

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Swapped all the wiring in the bootlid to include my boot light switch, and also swapped the boot lock and the barrel. Ready to put this new bootlid on now next week, bye bye dent

By the way here is the the boot wiring with the extra wire for the light switch to plug into the lock
6946fb0c2dcd032a70fe15fb157f357d.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Today I decided to go and swap over the new bootlid onto my car, which turned out to take a good bit longer than I thought it would.

I removed the struts and took off the bootlid, only to find this.
092a8431799715e1e8bd03444a76dbc5.jpg

Luckily it was all just surface rust and had nice solid steel underneath. It seems to be a very badly painted area on these cars, with just a thin layer of primer on it.

So I set about fixing it up, by sanding fully back to bare metal and spraying with zinc primer.
3d3da3c48606173f9e2a454d6862bc1b.jpg

I actually have some experience with fixing rust, being the owner of a rusting old Peugeot 309 as well.
707d7d53bc44ec97a7ea1c721b2fc1e6.jpg

After the zinc primer dried I sprayed red primer, and then top coat. I used holts paint, and for anyone with the same colour car as me, it's a very good match.
b2919c01684baf11fad70a7ea44a8c7d.jpg

Having fixed this rust, the rest of the swap was pretty easy, with the only problem being realigning the boot. It seems the small crash wasn't as small as I thought, but it closes now and there's no dent so it's fine by me.

Thanks for reading people.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
So after putting on my new bootlid it needed some adjustment. It turns out that this crash it was in was a bit bigger than I thought, which only showed up with the new bootlid on it.

I started off by filing out the holes on the latch to try and get a bit more room for adjustment. Although this was working, it was taking forever. So my dad suggested using a hammer to bend the rear slam panel back into shape abit, as this was the main cause of the problem for it. This was also working well, but it was also taking forever, so then came the real solution.

2148efe10b9cd306e7aa2402c505cbc3.jpg

Finally we resorted to a sledge hammer, and after just a few hits it was all back in shape (ish). Problem sorted, and I have the best closing boot I've ever seen.

On a side note, my friend who is usually a man for Toyotas bought a march. Here it is in all its Jap glory.

a64589c47e72c11474955e342c1fa101.jpg

7ea182122b6788a4a26f81f201e620c2.jpg

97aa84324697df86b28dc619d64f59a9.jpg

Can't wait for them to be on the road so they can meet each other.

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
So recently I haven't had much time to do stuff on the car. It turns out that my friend is deciding to break his March and he bought another starlet instead. Good thing is I'm in line for a few bits, bad thing is that a nice clean march is being broken for parts but that's life.

Did a bit more to my super s bumper in terms of sanding and priming. Also have been t-cutting like a mad eejit getting a couple of little scrapes off the car.

Also my cross member has developed a hole where the bonnet latch support bolts on, so now the bonnet doesn't close anymore.

Fitted a new 16 led light into my centre light, and worked out my wiring for my primera map light to be wired in, just need time to do that.

6dbc76b80fbb93f27096b48533527c24.jpg

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Also took off the vibe sticker off the bootlid, and cut the headlight bolts off since they were spinning where the head should be held in. So now it's ready to get its cross member welded over Easter all going well

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
So I'm off now for 2 weeks from college and got a bit of time do stuff to the car. I gave it a bit of a t cut all over and and some touch ups in places. I removed the old number plate and replaced the boot handle and rear wiper. While I was doing this I tried out my spoiler, which I was planning on painting body colour but I'm not sure now

f8ecbb7da32448b63d618a31b9f16f33.jpg

I also wanted to have a better look at my cross member, since I knew it was rusty when I bought it but didn't know how bad

58c9eee761fce874f5a7e99d59257add.jpg

I had a picture of it but it got corrupted, the cross member was pretty bad so I've ordered a new one. I'll take it off and put the new one on, and get it re spot-welded on in the mechanics up the road

So I'm off now for 2 weeks from college and got a bit of time do stuff to the car. I gave it a bit of a t cut all over and and some touch ups in places. I removed the old number plate and replaced the boot handle and rear wiper. While I was doing this I tried out my spoiler, which I was planning on painting body colour but I'm not sure now

f8ecbb7da32448b63d618a31b9f16f33.jpg

I also wanted to have a better look at my cross member, since I knew it was rusty when I bought it but didn't know how bad

58c9eee761fce874f5a7e99d59257add.jpg

I had a picture of it but it got corrupted, the cross member was pretty bad so I've ordered a new one. I'll take it off and put the new one on, and get it re spot-welded on in the mechanics up the road

Keep it black ....looks good buddy.
Two black front wings, or black bonnet maybe would look good, with black alloys.
And maybe this (?)http://i1323.photobucket.com/albums/u585/davyboy8/IMG0320A_zpsneayqzwl.jpg

Thanks for the reply. The thing was I was thinking of colour coding a few bits so I think it would look funny with that black and everything else body colour

Black bonnet with the black spoiler ....smart.
Lowered with black alloys, and colour coded front grille ...smarter again :D
OR...carbon cover the spoiler and the bonnet and wing mirrors ;)

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Black bonnet with the black spoiler ....smart.
Lowered with black alloys, and colour coded front grille ...smarter again :D
OR...carbon cover the spoiler and the bonnet and wing mirrors ;)
I'm really going for a nice clean look with a few optional extras, nothing too mad. Probably a bit of colour coding on the mirrors, bumpers and bump strips. But thanks for the suggestions

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Over the long weekend I spent a bit of time working on the car. During the week my new cross member and brake shoes arrived thanks to micks garage.
38901a5d89de84a5682622e83ae5c80d.jpg

4a3127733765c46a647754ab58dcb410.jpg

This is the state of my old one after attacking it with a hammer and a screw driver just to see what it was like. Not good.
1376d1857a4597eb7c73fd7e5f1d83d1.jpg

Also a bit of rust just above it, which I wire brushed and treated with metal prep.

I took everything off that I would need to to remove the cross member, including the rusty bonnet lock support and alternator heat shield.
049cb979b0fe36a17ffd9d137af483f9.jpg

I gave these a good going over with a wire brush on my drill and metal prep, before zinc primer and 2 top coats of simoniz tough black paint. All ready to be fitted on with the new cross member.

And I marked all the spot welds to be drilled out early next week hopefully.

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Bit of progress of the last couple of days. Went to the scrapyard do get a few bits and came home with these from a march.
3b372219fe6f5f98cba7fadc8c41e05c.jpg

54dfd4d6e3fa7cbf9c98066912fae262.jpg

The dash pod isn't in great condition but it's fine for the price. If anyone is fitting a cupholder in their car you need to drill a small hole for a locating peg on the right side of the surround. 5.5 mm drill is perfect.

Started drilling out the spot welds too, some of them are very tricky to get at but I'll get there eventually.
3a7e82e0113a15da6f6583882053583d.jpg

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
I'm happy I got it but it's a bit broke in places like the door lock and the coin holder. It's good to have connections in the scrap business. Lots of grannies here like having imported marches for no apparent reason which is great for us looking for parts.

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
I've finally finished drilling out all the spot welds so I thought I'd tell everyone where they all are to save problems for ye in the future.

I found 23 each side that hold the cross member onto the car, but some others need to be taken off to get at others.

There are 4 each side behind the towing eyes to the sides of the bar. To do these you are drilling through the chassis legs into the cross member so this will leave holes to plug weld into later.
63252f37fe0a1c92d3f7620b1b29862d.jpg

There are 9 on each side looking from the front of the car.
ed6a3331eeda6dbd697ed3e75e7c9469.jpg

There are then another 4 on the inside face of it, 2 are normal welds and the other 2 on the bumper brackets, go through 3 thicknesses of metal. These are annoying and take longer than usual.
94b92a71c1345148f500ed725fd0d259.jpg

The 4 arrowed ones need to be removed to take of the cross member. The circled ones just hold the bumper bracket onto the CM, and what I did was drill the top one and break off the bottom one by twisting it off. This gave me access to the next ones below.

Again looking from the front there are 6 more behind this where the front panel joins the the CM. Here you are drilling through the front panel the same as the first 4 welds on the outside. (Mine was rusty here so I drew arrows to where they were approximately).
36530bc29acaaf457311d14d6514c6bd.jpg

And that's all the spot welds holding it on. I hope this is some use to someone in the future, there was a guide on here but the pictures don't work anymore, not for me anyway.

Found this possibly helpful thread on the astra owners club after I'd finished drilling the welds, might help someone else
http://www.astra-mk2.com/forum/foru...int/39447-replaced-micra-radiator-crossmember

Last edited:
I've finally finished drilling out all the spot welds so I thought I'd tell everyone where they all are to save problems for ye in the future.

I found 23 each side that hold the cross member onto the car, but some others need to be taken off to get at others.

There are 4 each side behind the towing eyes to the sides of the bar. To do these you are drilling through the chassis legs into the cross member so this will leave holes to plug weld into later.
63252f37fe0a1c92d3f7620b1b29862d.jpg

There are 9 on each side looking from the front of the car.
ed6a3331eeda6dbd697ed3e75e7c9469.jpg

There are then another 4 on the inside face of it, 2 are normal welds and the other 2 on the bumper brackets, go through 3 thicknesses of metal. These are annoying and take longer than usual.
94b92a71c1345148f500ed725fd0d259.jpg

The 4 arrowed ones need to be removed to take of the cross member. The circled ones just hold the bumper bracket onto the CM, and what I did was drill the top one and break off the bottom one by twisting it off. This gave me access to the next ones below.

Again looking from the front there are 6 more behind this where the front panel joins the the CM. Here you are drilling through the front panel the same as the first 4 welds on the outside. (Mine was rusty here so I drew arrows to where they were approximately).
36530bc29acaaf457311d14d6514c6bd.jpg

And that's all the spot welds holding it on. I hope this is some use to someone in the future, there was a guide on here but the pictures don't work anymore, not for me anyway.

Think I would stick mine in a garage and let them do it ....lol
But good work there mate.:D

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Think I would stick mine in a garage and let them do it ....lol
But good work there mate.:D
Yeah it was a slightly bigger job than I'd thought anyway. Ended up having to loosen an engine mount and jack the engine up for space to get it all apart.
It's all off now though, a nice shiny new one ready to go on.
8e2c6c791d5286454fc68ef62ebe731a.jpg

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
So this morning I got this in. It doesn't line up perfectly because it is a pattern piece, but also I took the old one off with a sledge hammer. Had to retap one of the threads because it was destroyed at one end for some reason. Anyway it's in and the engine is supported so all is good.
0bd2d8f1063f8400b4efcfe1fcf9fbd9.jpg

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
I had these shot blasted and powder coated over the week, came out really well.
d8dff5066841e94725a2ce56953821bf.jpg

Was all set to do the back brakes with new shoes and cylinders over the long weekend, but the Irish climate had other ideas. I did a dry run anyway just to get it into my head.
4824aa2fec3a65a545e500b82e329ae7.jpg

Only got a few other small bits done including these which I got ages ago
7004e35b0719a72fc34d672250c2315d.jpg

And I also have the bonnet closed for the first time in months since when the cross member mounting broke. Not that there was any point in closing it
0b3cfbcb935f4c16ede93071c8ee6aca.jpg

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
In the rare bit of sun we have here, I got an urge to fix a small thing that was strangely annoying me. My third brake light was very faded in the sunlight and looked crap, so this morning I sanded it back, plastic primered it and painted it. Much better.
5a2fc91fabe132bab0b6d49eb64b74a5.jpg
8fd4551b43acf45f362c18cc9d708565.jpg

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
I forgot to mention I was at the scrapyard the other day, and grabbed a plastic rocker cover off a march. I'll get that cleaned up and on very soon.

Also found this exact twin of my car, the exact same spec on everything except alloys and laquer peel.
ceeb09d57fbeabd2d5964ab935e2f942.jpg
01a0dd28f0ae927a4a75342c083ca6b4.jpg

And there was a nice high spec second facelift with everything on it, hopefully I'll get a few bits off it (electric mirrors etc)

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Went and picked up a few bits today from the scrapyard. Got a few small bits, including a number 99 relay off a mk3 golf.
b01be948352bcd2d9e2fb88f3147bd71.jpg
I have one in my other car, it's for making adjustable intermittent wipers, so I got another one to try in the micra and see if it works.
While I was at the yard, another micra got delivered in with these strange wheels I hadn't seen before.
3dad5ebf480a31687a3bfa2263523f61.jpg

Also picked up some parts of another march up the road, which are all for sale now.
46a52c972321e52748a1ded9925da61c.jpg
The March also had this cd auto changer in it, never seem one of those either.
3511a8a5f5fffb524bedd5ff2b95d3df.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
This week I got a bit done to the new rear bumper, it's now primered and the black strip is to be colour coded to match the super s bumper.
I was looking at the wiring for the driving lights on the bumper and noticed I have the connector and fuse already there, but no relay. I saw in a thread some time ago about a relay box being in the upper left of the engine bay but I don't have one there. Could anyone tell me if the relay goes in beside the fuse box next to the steering column?

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
In the last few days I tried to work out how to get adjustable intermittent wipers with my new relay. It would actually be fierce handy being from Ireland, where the normal intermittent is just never the right speed in the endless rain we get. Finally found out that the wiper relay is that box beside the motor in the engine bay, and unless I go rewiring it with a new holder, it's not going to work. But watch this space, we'll see what happens.
e89d3b39ffda3ea2b36e836823d5061d.jpg

Swapped my dead passenger side speaker and gave inside the door pocket a good clean too.
160809e1eabecc65f2b97fadedf318d4.jpg

Found a set of genuine march floor mats which I might buy, as they are basically brand new looking.

And I now have a place for welding the cross member back on, so in the next 2 weeks hopefully that will be done. I'm hoping to get a look underneath while it's on the ramps, and maybe fix the heat shield rattle that's slowly driving me mad.

This week I got a bit done to the new rear bumper, it's now primered and the black strip is to be colour coded to match the super s bumper.
I was looking at the wiring for the driving lights on the bumper and noticed I have the connector and fuse already there, but no relay. I saw in a thread some time ago about a relay box being in the upper left of the engine bay but I don't have one there. Could anyone tell me if the relay goes in beside the fuse box next to the steering column?

I'm not exactly sure with yours, but the driving lamp relay is top left in the fusebox in the cabin on the second facelifts.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
I'm not exactly sure with yours, but the driving lamp relay is top left in the fusebox in the cabin on the second facelifts.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Thanks for the reply. After ending up in the car upside down trying to look, there's 4 spaces for relays beside the fusebox, 2 are filled and I know one of them is definitely the horn. So my guess is it's one of the 2 free spaces above that, I'll rob some spare ones from one in the scrapyard and put them in and see what happens.

PS, your car is definitely one of my favourite facelifts, and gave me the idea for the Almera wheels.

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Today I got to spend a few hours up at my local scrapyard after work, where I picked up another GA16 Primera airbox, a parcel shelf with speakers, some new covers for the speakers because the other ones are shagged, and a couple of small bits including relays to try and get my driving lights working. If anyone still has ideas on where that relay should be going that would be very helpful.
0e1c9633e7deca29543b1d946302111f.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Got my Super S driving lights working, or at least the drivers side because thats the only one with a plug. I took out all the bolts holding in the fuse box to move it just enough so I could wedge the relay into the top slot, which thank god was the right one because I was not going through that again.
I re-faced my car too, so it looked half decent to be driven up to my local mechanic, where the cross member is being welded on and I can use the lift at the weekend to do a couple of bits underneath. The car will be on the road in a few weeks now all going well. No pictures at the minute because as usual I smashed my phone but I will have some this weekend.

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Been a busy few weeks recently with the car. Sadly I have no pictures because I broke my phone but I will fix that shortly. The car has been up at a neighbours garage where we could use the lift and tools etc. The car is fairly solid underneath, bar some small patches to the sill which I knew about. While we had the use of the lift, we cleaned up the brake lines and fuel tank straps, fixed the gear lever return spring that had snapped off and also tried to fix the heat shield rattle (we didn't, its still there). Next the front cross member was cleaned up and welded on, and the front end is back on. After doing that we started on the brakes, where we had to play around with that little compensator thing on the back to get them even both side. All that was left was small things like headlight adjustment and tracking. Also I have been repainting a new rear bumper in the evenings after finishing work which has turned out very well for a first attempt if I say myself. All in all a very productive few weekends and evenings work which hopefully means that the car will pass its NCT first time.

In other news, my friends yaris decided to disable itself by loosening its timing chain while driving, meaning an engine swap is on the cards. Dont trust toyotas and their stupid oil controlled chain tensioners, micras for the win.

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Few pictures of my newly painted bumper. Very happy with the outcome of the paint, but the lacquer finish isn't great due to the lack of pressure from the cans. I might sort it with a spray gun in work someday if I can be bothered.
b3d17c1c9b4a01b81279ae9c8929f8a1.jpg
ce205b52ad9a7f45ab7f991b357e9714.jpg

Gave the car its first official wash the other day, came up well considering I did it with washing up liquid (I know there are many reasons not to do that but I didn't have anything else).

My slipping clutch finally died while me and my friend were hammering down a backroad. Although right before it went I was chopping his yaris so all is good. New one was ordered and fitted by a family friend for 150 euro so I'm happy with that. Can get all the mighty power down to the ground now instead of making a smell of burning clutch.
8490e36b35ac02182d4a189bbe758293.jpg

Random picture of my car outside work while I was waiting for the gates to open
4e79793ebcb916631585c43f3f62d4cb.jpg

OP
OP
LiamC

LiamC

I've ruined my car ?
Hi Liam, great work so far mate, the dashpods often have buggered clips, I got a replacement from 'Murica ( via ebay ) the clip is cheap, but postage is a butt rape....http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-OEM-...NTER-STORAGE-AREA-LATCH-SPRING-/292161076181?
Oh hello again. Yeah my clip is shagged alright, doesn't bother me too much though. I have a mint one though still, which I might put in instead of selling it. How's your cup holder going?

Hi Liam, yeah cheers mate the cup holder is spot on ( don't forget to hit me up when you find another one ) also regarding the dash pods, while the groove in the center looks like its for keeping coins safe in fact it is for holding a flare ! Part of some Japanese road rule i am lead to believe.