My little G wiz build thread.

So as I'm new on here I thought I'd start a little build thread as I have done a couple of things to my car so far an there's plenty more planned.

When I bought her she was a totally unmolested standard 2001 k11 1.4 s. Two owners and 42000 genuine miles on the clock.

She looked like this.

Attachments

• IMG_20150719_200220.JPG
    IMG_20150719_200220.JPG
    285.4 KB · Views: 302
Then soon after I took off the wheel trims so I was on stock black steelers and set to painting all the trim and badges black.

And I bought a rising sun sticker for the fuel flap.

Attachments

• DSC_0018_3.JPG
    DSC_0018_3.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 307
  • DSC_0025_2.JPG
    DSC_0025_2.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 311
  • DSC_0021_3.JPG
    DSC_0021_3.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 296
Most recently I bought some 15'' Lenso BSX alloys. Tinted the rear windows.

Then I fitted a 2001 clio front splitter and TSW tow strap to the front.

Attachments

• DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 326
  • DSC_0002.JPG
    DSC_0002.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 307
Then yesterday with the help of my dad I lowered it by cutting the springs. Do t shoot me! I know it's a taboo subject but believe me it's a short term solution. I feel really paranoid driving it thinking it's going to break or fall apart on me! But I do love the look because it was way too high to begin with.

Attachments

• DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    4 MB · Views: 317
  • DSC_0037.JPG
    DSC_0037.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 288
So that's how she currently stands.

Plans are:

Lower properly
Find and fit early ibiza front splitter to the back bumper.
Rover 400 side skirts.
Tint front windows legally
Find a nice not over the top rear spoiler. Get the body work tidied up.
S/S exhaust.
Almer 1.6 airbox
Nodspeed panhard rod
Tint a de-amber headlights
Xenons

Guess that's a fair bit to be getting on with so watch this space!

Thanks for looking so far.

Hi Frankie welcome to MSC and your flame red Micra is looking good nice project!
Please keep us updated and thanks for sharing.

Andy :D

Welcome. Great progress so far. Keep us updated.

My view on window tinting is leave the fronts alone. Legal or not, just a reason to be pulled.
Just my opinion :)

Cheers Josh_MR. If by what tyres you mean wheels they are 15'' Lenso BSX with Falken Ziex tyres 195 45 r15. At a guess the back is about 45_50mm the front is about 40. When I realised the front was a bit higher than the back I couldn't be bothered to take it all off again to sort it. :)

looks great mate, love the wheels and also very jealous youve got a 1.4, i cant find one :(

One thing id add to your list is colour code your door handles, will make the car look a lot cleaner and its easy done

Hey mate,

I have a question for you if you don't mind. Was the Clio splitter easy to fit or did you need to modify it?
Also you cars looking ace mate but we need a little update on it as we haven't had one in a while!.!.

Cheers Kieran

Hi kieran.

Yeah the splitter was really easy to fit. I just drilled a load of holes along it. Measured the middle of the splitter and the bumper. Lined them up and screwed in some self tappers. It doesn't follow the contours of the bumper 100% perfectly but you could cut little notches out of it to bend it around if you are a perfectionist. I think it looks fine so I left it.

Also I haven't done anything else to her recently and I'm on holiday at the moment. Hopefully when I get back I'll have a wrap around spoiler, led side indicators, K&n filter and an ibiza rear splitter waiting for me so watch this space.

I may have to pinch the idea of the Clio splitter. From research I would advise putting a panel filter on instead of a cone for the micra unless you are putting a turb on it :)

Cheers Kieran

Hey does anyone know if a clio front splittet will fit a pre facelift k11?? If not does anyone know one that will look nice on d car thanks

I don't see why not. The bumper contour can't be too different between facelift and pre facelift. Anything will fit with a bit of work.

Ok small update. Had a few bits on their way but they failed to arrive so I bought some JDM bumper quick release fittings and fitted them. Whilst I was at it I de badged the rear. I also bought a Bluetooth OBD reader for the torque app but it doesn't work. More coming soon.

Attachments

• DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0012.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 268
  • DSC_0009.JPG
    DSC_0009.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 277
  • DSC_0010.JPG
    DSC_0010.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 297
  • DSC_0013.JPG
    DSC_0013.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 296
Painted my headlights black! I like it. Makes a big difference IMO.

Attachments

• DSC_0004.JPG
    DSC_0004.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 261
  • DSC_0006.JPG
    DSC_0006.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 287
  • DSC_0007.JPG
    DSC_0007.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 261
Really easy. Put the headlight in the oven for like 4 minutes on 160. Use a large flat screwdriver or chisel to prise the glass from the plastic. Once the headlight is open the chrome bit you want to spray comes out easily so no masking is required. Spray it up, let it dry and pop it back in the headlight. Once you put the headlight back together put it back in the oven to reactivate the adhesive and jobs a guddun.

Looking very clean, I done my new headlight today, took the two metal clips off and the glass just fell out would have helped if it had any type of sealer on it :p

Back