• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

My K11 Tempest

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
i almost got a set of cliber eclipse last week, guy from a local car dealer has a set brand new with 195/50/15 tyres he got to fit on a car on the forecourt, but by the time he got back with them the partner sold the car haha. they are a very nice looking wheel, i even like the gold. they can be had on ebay new without tires for £300. loving the seats also, im still stuck on weather or not to change my seats. keep up the good work fella

Hello dudes.....fkn nice build up you got there....subtle yet awesome...i'm new to this place so its gna get time getting used to.....
i'm currently doing up my micra too....wanting to know where i can by sideskirts from specific to k11 micras'...mines a s reg 98 plate

OP
OP
SK193
i almost got a set of cliber eclipse last week, guy from a local car dealer has a set brand new with 195/50/15 tyres he got to fit on a car on the forecourt, but by the time he got back with them the partner sold the car haha. they are a very nice looking wheel, i even like the gold. they can be had on ebay new without tires for £300. loving the seats also, im still stuck on weather or not to change my seats. keep up the good work fella
That was unfortunate then haha. They're a really nice looking wheel but I don't have anything gold on my car so if I get them i'll either do them black/polished lip or black with the blue lip. I had my seats off ebay for a bargain lol, they were almost brand new too :)

OP
OP
SK193
Hello dudes.....fkn nice build up you got there....subtle yet awesome...i'm new to this place so its gna get time getting used to.....
i'm currently doing up my micra too....wanting to know where i can by sideskirts from specific to k11 micras'...mines a s reg 98 plate
Thank you. It doesn't take long to get used to this really, everyone's really friendly and i'm sure you'll get good help/advice from the members :p If you're looking for something specific you might want to try using the search function, or starting your own thread too. I'm not sure exactly where you'd get exact K11 sideskirts from but I know some people have used Rover 400 skirts cut to fit, and they look quite good.

OP
OP
SK193
Not much of an update for now, just got a couple of newer pictures of the whole car as I haven't put any up for a while.

IMG00147-20120306-1705.jpg

IMG00148-20120306-1705.jpg

I'd still like it lower than it is, just can't decide whether to go for some 50/60mm springs or wait until I can find some coilovers, but there's a few more things i'd like to get done first.

The prob is not the color of the kit. It's the construction of the kit itself - a vinyl sheet with holes in it:

scaled.php

It reduces the visibility, cause it covers 50% of the headlight surface. I used black, the darkest shade. It look nuts, but unfortunately I had to remove it as I felt like blind any time I drove in the late or early hours.
Kept the rears though and love it :)

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

scaled.php

It's good to try though, the kit is at very reasonable price and you wouldn't brake the bank :)

Good luck with it!(Y)

Sorry to hijack the thread, but what was the exact colour/type of the Flyeyes kit, that you used, P? And what size of the kit did you buy as well? And would it work on the side repeaters? (Or are they too orange? Cheers : )

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
It's the darkest black, mate. You need to buy a standard kit for head and rear lights, you'd have plenty of left over to play with the side repeaters
It's nice to see the result once you finish. Such a small thing makes such a big difference. I wanted to do even the side rear windows, but on a window it looks blah :)

OP
OP
SK193
^ That suits the rear lights but does look quite dark for the headlights. How much lighter would be the variant 2 black be?

peposhi

It wouldn't be much different. I got it as I loved the contrast and well... the flyeyes look :)
I had to remove the front one though... restricts the light output heavily and with doing a lot of late hours driving I finally gave up and removed them :)
Kept the rears though :p

OP
OP
SK193
Time for an update!
After much ringing around I finally decided on some new wheels, and even better they arrived within 24 hours of ordering them :)

Calibre Eclipse. 15x7 et38

IMG00155-20120323-1630.jpg

I'll be getting them sprayed metallic black as I think they'd look better/suit the car more than the gold would. I'll get some trial fitting photos up soon, as well as some once they're painted :)

To go with the black/silver look I also got some Nismo locking valve caps to add a little detail.

1562_1.jpg

OP
OP
SK193
i think the gold will look good, black looses a lot of detail in wheels i find.
They do look nice in gold but there's nothing on the car to go with it. I know what you mean about wheels losing detail when they're black, but i'm getting them done in a custom black with a heavier/thicker metal flake so the detail will still be visible :)

OP
OP
SK193
Before I get my new rims sprayed and fitted, I thought i'd get some better photos with the multispoke wheels on it, so I gave it a good wash, found a location and decided to do a bit of photo whoring :)

DSCF0558.jpg

DSCF0559.jpg

DSCF0561.jpg

DSCF0562.jpg

DSCF0565.jpg

DSCF0566.jpg

DSCF0567.jpg

DSCF0571.jpg

OP
OP
SK193
That does look quite nice, but mine's a lighter/brighter shade of grey and I've already got the paint waiting for them (Jet Black Metallic)

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
Those wheels are GORGEOUS! Leave them gold, it'll look awesome :).

OP
OP
SK193
Thank you :) I've seen them in gold fitted to red and green Micra's and they look nice, but I personally rather the look of them in black on grey/silver cars

k11_2.jpg

82380-1921536.jpg

OP
OP
SK193
Update time:

I had the new wheels trial fitted to see how they'd sit/poke and also to see how the gold looks on the car.

IMG00157-20120331-1318.jpg

IMG00158-20120331-1333.jpg

IMG00159-20120331-1334.jpg

IMG00160-20120331-1401.jpg

I'm really happy with how they sit, they've got just the right amount of poke and although they look nice in gold, I still don't think it goes with the colour of the car so they'll be getting sprayed metallic black soon.

Stani1029

Club Member
Spraying them black will waste them, i was always a black wheels guy on every car but ive realised theres room for other colours

OP
OP
SK193
They are nice looking wheels in gold but I agree with Shaun, and they don't really match up with anything else as some exterior parts are also black and I wanted the wheels to tie-in with these

peposhi

Hey, mate, I am one of those mad bout black wheels and I must say that rarely I find wheels in other color looking good. And your new ones are damn pretty looking :)

Micra Monkey

Ex. Club Member
Update time:

I had the new wheels trial fitted to see how they'd sit/poke and also to see how the gold looks on the car.

IMG00157-20120331-1318.jpg

IMG00158-20120331-1333.jpg

IMG00159-20120331-1334.jpg

IMG00160-20120331-1401.jpg

I'm really happy with how they sit, they've got just the right amount of poke and although they look nice in gold, I still don't think it goes with the colour of the car so they'll be getting sprayed metallic black soon.
Thought about body colour or even blue centres?

OP
OP
SK193
Thought about body colour or even blue centres?
That doesn't sound too bad, I did actually think about doing them black with a candy blue lip on them (which would match the blue on my seats/steering wheel) like these..

rota_saracing_blackbluelip_lrg.jpg

153893d1303916504-f-s-f-t-freshh-ass-rotas-189448_160035584053038_100001397930236_348043_410280_n.jpg

..But to get the paint perfect on the lip would have been quite hard to do, and I still like them with the polished lip anyway

Micra Monkey

Ex. Club Member
That doesn't sound too bad, I did actually think about doing them black with a candy blue lip on them (which would match the blue on my seats/steering wheel) like these..

rota_saracing_blackbluelip_lrg.jpg

153893d1303916504-f-s-f-t-freshh-ass-rotas-189448_160035584053038_100001397930236_348043_410280_n.jpg

..But to get the paint perfect on the lip would have been quite hard to do, and I still like them with the polished lip anyway
Yeah deffo keep the polished lip whatever you do. I think whatever you do will look good, plus you could always repaint them another colour if you fancy a new look.

OP
OP
SK193
While the new wheels are getting sprayed, I put some temporary wheels on the car and was surprised by how well they suited it. They're 13x6 Minilites from an original Mini Cooper, and as soon as I put them on it made me want a set of Superlights or Rota RB's, which I may end up buying in the future :)

IMG00161-20120331-1454.jpg

IMG00162-20120331-1454.jpg

IMG00164-20120331-1456.jpg

With them fitted they gave the car a nice low look, the underneath of the car was just 30mm off the ground and the front splitter was only 25mm off, (which made getting back into the garage a bit interesting), but it's also made me want it lowered a bit more than it is currently.

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
I'm pretty sure that those spotspack minilights are only 6" wide. They do look rather good though.

Not as good as the Calibre Eclipse with their gold centres and polished lips do though.

OP
OP
SK193
I'm pretty sure that those spotspack minilights are only 6" wide. They do look rather good though.

Not as good as the Calibre Eclipse with their gold centres and polished lips do though.
My mistake, I think they must have been 6's, but yes, they do look nice. They're making me want a set of Gunmetal Rota RB's but for now I need to stop getting ideas and get the Eclipses finished :) Maybe the next set of wheels though.

rb_3.jpg

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
My mistake, I think they must have been 6's, but yes, they do look nice. They're making me want a set of Gunmetal Rota RB's but for now I need to stop getting ideas and get the Eclipses finished :) Maybe the next set of wheels though.

rb_3.jpg
I think the Eclipses look really really nice, I would've kept them gold myself but each to their own :)

Also I know how you feel about lowering, I always feel like my rear is 20mm too high and the front is maybe 10mm to high. If someone did a coil-cutting service on here they'd make a lot of money :D

OP
OP
SK193
The wheels are now sprayed and fitted, and I'm really happy with how they came out. I think the black looks a lot nicer than the gold and suits the car more. It's hard to see in the pictures but the black has quite a course metallic grain, and you can really notice the sparkle in the sunlight :)

IMG00167-20120402-1603.jpg

I also got a little bit of stretch on the tires too (195/50 on 7J) which looks just right imo, as i'm not a fan of ridiculously stretched tires but I think a little bit does look quite good.

IMG00168-20120402-1604.jpg

Compared to the gold, I personally think they look much better as they match the car's colours more and i've already had several people commenting on how well they look on the car :D

IMG00169-20120402-1715.jpg

IMG00170-20120402-1717.jpg

IMG00171-20120402-1718.jpg

IMG00172-20120402-1719.jpg

OP
OP
SK193
Wheels look excellent! - Ride height has room for improvement :p
Thanks Mark :) Yeah it'll be changed again at some point, just waiting/trying to find some lower springs or coilovers

indeed, no trips abroad for you or you will be checking your arches for stowaways :D
Haha, I like that! :p Sometimes it looks just right, and other times it looks like a truck. It will be get lower though, definitely

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
thing is with 195/50s if you went a little lower they would catch id have thought. keep the lowering till you can get some 185/45/15s on there, then claim instant win

hoopdub

Club Member (Trial)
just means your RR is out, depending on how road speed is read your speedo could be out, and ecceleration will be worse :D