my k11 has an MOT

Spare tyre yes, however no your induction kit can stay on. providing it works! it's whatever puts your mind at ease mate.

They didnt check my spare tyre, if there isnt one in there then they cannot test it

Same with everything, i had no back seats, but had rear seat belts, so they tested the rear belts, but not the seats as there wasnt any

If you join up to this club, there is a very good guide on the MOT process ;)

Spare tyre yes, however no your induction kit can stay on. providing it works! it's whatever puts your mind at ease mate.

Just take the spare wheel out, it doesnt have to be in there as New cars are mostly sold without them, its usually an optional extra for a "space saver wheel"

well, i was told that you had to have one with the correct tred depth in the car if supplied as new.

but if Curtis says he passed without i'm sure you'll be fine, if it's a dud take it out

Mine had one but it was flat and bald, but they couldnt be bothered to take out my sub and remove the false floor so didnt even check it,

You dont need a legal tyre in the spare, it is official! mainly because of a lot of new cars coming from factory on run-flat tyres, and they just have a canister to reinflate the tyre if it goes flat instead of a spare. So just to make life easier for themselves they dont check it anymore, but then your still gona need one if you get a flat!

Also make sure all your bulbs work, took the focus in for MOT Saturday and it failed on, Offside Rear Brake Hose Corrosion, Nearside Front Brake Hose Corrosion, Offside Front Tyre Balding, 1 Number Plate lamp out and Rear Fog lamp bulb fail. £152.oo getting done this Thursday.

Good Luck anyway.

god pjg youre cars full of lights how could you have possibly failed on bulbs! lol :D
Oh and smart cars have a spare wheel :) my boss's smart car has one under the bonnet

so how come mine passed its MOT on just a spare rim? the guy opened the boot to check for any corrosion and saw the rim sitting in the boot and took no notice of it. It was my Manta GTE btw not my nissan.

Back